Reminder: USA Today’s Dan Wolken will be tomorrow’s KSR host

Matt has officially begun his five-week European adventure, meaning our first KSR guest host is set to go live tomorrow morning.

First on the list?

USA Today’s Dan Wolken.

Wolken specializes in college football, but he’ll be prepared to discuss everything in the wild world of Kentucky sports. Be sure to call in and discuss UK’s run for the SEC East title, Benny Snell for Heisman, and Lamar Jackson’s fumble to choke the game away against the Wildcats.

You can follow Dan on Twitter and hit him up with any questions you have for tomorrow’s show here: @DanWolken

10 AM-12 PM. You know where to be.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

23 Comments for Reminder: USA Today’s Dan Wolken will be tomorrow’s KSR host

1. scubasteve
    7:13 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Pretty cowardly to turn comments off on the political post below. I don’t come here to read bullshit like that, I come here for sports. Also, pretty funny that the “petition” just links back to that guys personal website. What a joke.

• Mathlete
      7:43 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Why are people so defensive of a defunct nation of treasonous slavers that has been gone since before their parents were born?

• Mathlete
      7:46 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

They probably turned off the comments because the inevitable vitriol associated with getting rid of monuments to Confederate leaders is far more offensive than anything Jonathan said in his piece

• Steady
      7:57 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

That’s the way the left rolls.

• Luether
      8:09 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

If KSR is gonna continue to give the hateful and partisan Jon Miller a forum, why not, at least, provide one with an opposing point of view? Oh yeah, I know why…

• Mathlete
      8:32 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Oh Luether, does your family really hate you so much that your time is better spent trolling the KSR comments than with them?

2. DelrayCat
    7:41 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Cue more racist rednecks crying foul on the previous article in 3…2…1….

3. dvb0378
    9:10 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

This is supposed to be a sports site. However hard it may be for all you left wing idiots to believe, everyone does not agree with you. The civil war was about so much more than slavery. In fact,Lincoln only outlawed slavery in the southern states. It was still good to go in the north. The Confederacy was a rebellion against Northern oppression as much as anything else. Jefferson Davis was a KY hero who fought for what he believed in just as many of our ancestors did. This site needs to stick to sports and lay off the politics.

• Mathlete
      9:36 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Who made you read Jonathan’s post? Was your computer or phone taking part in the vast left wing conspiracy by forcing you to read his weekly liberal think pieces? You poor thing.

• BigBlueMeade
      9:57 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Slavery was mostly outlawed in the North hence why slaves fled there. In his Emmancipation Proclamation, Lincoln only applied it to the treasonous states because had he outlawed it in KY MD and MO they might have left the Union and the war would have been lost. Everything Lincoln did was to preserve the Union and bring the south back in with the Northern states.

• dvb0378
      10:39 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Mathlete (or whoever), I read what I please when I please and will not be shamed or intimidated by anyone, especially a little snowflake like you………………BigBlueMeade. KY was a neutral state. It never took sides. I’m not sure about the other two you mentioned. I do know that Lincoln had a plan to ship all the slaves back to Africa, but a bullet got in the way. Lincoln also imprisoned his political opponents and/or anyone who spoke against him. In fact, Lincoln was somewhat of a tyrant. I don’t agree with slavery and believe it to be the worst part of American History; except for what we did to the Native Americans of course. I, as well as many others, come to this site to read about KY sports. If I want to hear about the latest liberal crusade, I’ll turn on NBC or CNN.

4. nstewart
    9:28 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Give me a break Jack. Your article is the same old liberal bull crap that one can see on CNN day after day. I bet you attended the Gay Pride festival in Lexington recently, didn’t you?

• Mathlete
      9:33 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Jack didn’t write about the Jefferson Davis statue… He posted about who’s hosting KSR tomorrow

• Jack Pilgrim
      9:39 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Might want to check the author of the article you’re talking about, my man. Not me.

• runningunnin.454
      9:12 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha, Jack….standing a bit too close to Jonathan, huh?

5. bdavis2578
    10:48 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Seriously, quit putting crap like this on the website. I don’t mind when sports and politics mix a little bit, but this is just too much. This is not and should not be the medium to rant, and express your political views. I’ve been a long time consumer of Kentucky sports radio dot com, that ends today though.

• bdavis2578
      10:50 pm June 25, 2017 Permalink

Whoops, I meant this for the previous article concerning Jefferson Davis. It’s a joke to put something like that up without letting anyone reply and then to go on vacation for five months…

• RealCatsFan
      8:15 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Don’t let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya! 😀

6. henderblue
    5:25 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Where’s the petition to get rid of Jonathan Miller? Sign me up for that

7. CatManDo
    6:34 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

And now to Dan Wolken…..

8. runningunnin.454
    9:23 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

Owning slaves and the inevitable cruelty that accompanied it was a dark stain upon our young country; but, it was a secondary cause of the Civil War. The primary causes were States Rights and Northern oppression; however, it was a successful recruiting tool in the North.
    Interesting to note, however, that 49% of the delegates to the Constitutional Convention were slave owners, including Founding Fathers Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, and Hancock.
    Would have to get rid of a lot of statues, wouldn’t we?

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:14 am June 26, 2017 Permalink

The truth is that, like every war, there are hundreds of reasons why. The reason there are wars sometimes and not others is not because of single events, but rather the confluence of many events. It takes a “perfect storm” for there to be war. Students of history know this.

Even as a kid, I have to admit that I thought the Jefferson Davis statue seemed out of place in Frankfort. On the plus side, it does set up nicely the tour talk about how both Presidents during the Civil War were Kentucky expats, but beyond that it didn’t make much sense to be there to begin with. That said, having the knavish actions of a mass-killer 126 years after Davis’ death is an intellectually weak argument.

• Sentient Third Eye
      2:14 pm June 26, 2017 Permalink

Hey…half my final sentence vanished. It should read “That said, having the knavish actions of a mass-killer 126 years after Davis’ death be the impetus to remove the statue, is an intellectually weak argument.”