Regie Meant transfers to Jacksonville State, will play tonight

regie-meant

Former Kentucky defensive lineman Regie Meant has not only transferred to Jacksonville State, but he is in uniform for his new team tonight.

Meant will wear No. 9 for the Gamecocks and has been cleared to play immediately with two years of eligibility remaining.

Something’s not adding up here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Regie Meant transfers to Jacksonville State, will play tonight

1. Lip Man 1
    6:44 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Maybe its a situation involving a medical condition with a family member? The NCAA does allow for immediate eligibility in these cases where say a blood relative has a serious condition and the player transfer to be near them.

Just a guess on my part.

• lexwildcat
      8:53 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

He would have immediate eligibility either way, Jax St is a FCS school. You can go down a level and still play immediately.

2. Souf beach Lou
    6:53 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Kentucky football strikes again. Next man up. Play on

3. runningunnin.454
    6:56 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

You are right; that seems very strange.
    So which game is everybody going to watch tonight? WKU game is on, so is Louisville. The Vandy–S.Carolina game is not appealing. Tennessee is not playing their usual powerhouse; and, I’m definitely ruling out Indiana-FIU. Or,
    we can watch Kaepernick sit for Military Appreciation Night.

• runningunnin.454
      9:34 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Holy Moly, spoke too soon. App St leads Tenn 13-3 at the half; Vols look like crap.

4. Sin The
    7:27 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Cats finally out of the bag what really happened. Arrested in March in Orlando on a gun charge. Personal issues my butt.

• KatsKlaws
      8:27 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

I do see in the Orlando court records where he was arrested on a misdemeanor charge for openly carrying a firearm….however, that case was resolved in May…..he didn’t leave the team until August …if this is what caused his departure I wonder why it took 2-3 months…..seems like he would have left sooner

• Billy Hill
      8:30 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Waited 6 months, huh….. weird.

5. Billy Hill
    7:36 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Anyone seen cats paw’s prediction for this weekends game…?

6. KatsKlaws
    9:21 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

I still want some clarification on this from the Staff…if UK is dismissing players for misdemeanors now…hang it up, you are done…they will never compete in the SEC….now that this is public information it has to be addressed….

• Kyblue34
      10:07 pm September 1, 2016 Permalink

Totally agree. Surely there is more to it than the misdemeanor? If not, then that’s a very weak decision by Stoops.

• CDP
      8:40 am September 2, 2016 Permalink

Doesn’t Stoops have a strict policy against players even owning hand guns?

7. Howdy Doody
    10:15 am September 2, 2016 Permalink

The kid is eligible to play. So, he should play.

8. KatsKlaws
    10:20 am September 2, 2016 Permalink

I have no idea about that policy…He ought to have a strict policy about winning some damn football games…but seriously even if he has such a policy Meant was arrested in March, the case was resolved in May…..Meant didn’t leave until August. So did he just find out about it in August?

I am just saying he needs to speak on it and tell what happened….this vague coach speak only goes so far. It looks like now it was an actual cover up was attempted with the “personal issues” line. Did they not think we would see him in uniform for another school less than 3 weeks later? Lol. I believe that transfer already had to be in motion when he left. I don’t know what is going on and that’s kind of my point.

• KatsKlaws
      10:21 am September 2, 2016 Permalink

Oops ..that wa supposed to be a reply to CDP.