“If they want me to play Special Teams, I’ll play Special Teams. If they want me to fill the water jug, I’ll fill the water jug.”
– Kash Daniel, on doing whatever he can to play.
“Well, I have a five-page paper due Monday.”
– Gunner Hoak, on his biggest “Welcome to College” moment.
“Those first few days were hell for me.”
– Stephen Johnson on Coach Ed’s rigorous workouts.
“Landon said that? He’s the weakest one of us all! That’s stupid.”
– Drake Jackson, after he heard Landon Young said he could benchpress more than any of the new guys.
“Parental advisory here. I don’t want any kids listening to this: Pantera.”
– Tate Leavitt, on his pregame music selection.
“I guess a comeback route. If the receiver runs it right and the quarterback throws it on time, it’s unstoppable, so that’s definitely my favorite route.”
– Stephen Johnson‘s go-to route on 3rd and 8.
“I have a chip on my shoulder the size of black mountain.”
– Kash Daniel
“Anybody coming in here riding on their stars is going to get smacked in the face.”
– Drake Jackson on the differences between being a pampered recruit and a player.
“Either people know it from Workaholics or the movie Next Friday. I always get a question, do you know Day-Day, or do you know Pinky?”
– Stephen Johnson, on being from Rancho Cucamonga, California.
“It helped me a lot mentally and physically. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to go D-I right out of high school.”
– Naquez Pringle on learning good habits in JuCo.
Plenty of more to come later today.