Plan For Louisiana With The Latest Bowl Projections

While yesterday’s third straight blowout loss may have the fanbase slamming their fist down on the panic button it’s important to remember that the season is far from over. The Cats have three more winnable games on the schedule and only need to win two of them to reach the promised land. Where do the experts project the Cats to land if they are able to do that? How about Shreveport, Louisiana for the Independence Bowl. The Independence Bowl matches up the lowest bowl-eligible team from the SEC against a team from the ACC and the projections have us sending Frank Beamer of Virginia Tech into retirement.

The only bummer about going to the Independence Bowl would be that it takes place on December 26th, or the same date as the Kentucky-Louisville basketball game. As they say, beggars can’t be choosers. Would you make the trip to Louisiana for Kentucky’s first bowl in nearly half  decade?

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

18 Comments for Plan For Louisiana With The Latest Bowl Projections

1. Rob
    3:17 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

While we are there can we steal Bud Foster from Tech to coach our defense?

2. Long Dong Silver
    3:19 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think we have to worry about that schedule conflict. This team isn’t going anywhere to any bowl. No sane person can think so.

3. eyebleedblue
    3:28 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

My hand is hovering over the panic button. A win over Vandy is all we need. It can be as ugly as a Vandy Coed, but we have to get the W and the foosball team will still be on track.

4. kybigblue
    3:28 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think teams that are 6-6 should be in a bowl. Counting the playoffs and bowl games 78 out of 128 teams will be in post season play which is ridiculous. Plus, UK still has to beat either UL or Vandy and Charlotte to even be 6-6.

5. bigbluetrue
    3:30 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

Let’s just win at least 2 of the last 3, then we can talk about a bowl. That being said, I can’t think of two worse destinations to go to a bowl game than Shreveport or Birmingham– especially in the dead of winter.

6. bigpops
    3:58 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

More KSR Kool-Aid!!!! As good as the Cats look lately let’s all go ahead and book our rooms, reserve our tickets, and pre-order bowl t-shirts. Good job keeping everyone positive KSR. How about a write up that slams our coaching staff and how our team has absolutely quit three straight years on them? Wait that would mean we are going to read the truth instead of some KSR fantasyland crap.

7. CATandMONKEY
    4:01 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

In basketball, UK is Bugs Bunny, in football we are Elmer Fudd.

8. albundy
    4:51 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

If anyone travels to this game (if they make it) over the UK UofL game, they need a lobotomy

9. 2thepoint
    5:02 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

Elmer Fudd it is! That was great and about as accurate in reality! Just stop with the bowl talk will you. I don’t think there is a chance we make. If Elmer Fudd could dress as Bugs Bunny for a couple of games anything is possible, but jeez just let the games take care of bowls.

10. bluecat15
    5:11 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

Are you kidding? This team or staff doesn’t deserve the recognition of a bowl appearance anywhere. I for one will not waste my hard earned money on such a poor product.

11. bosshogg24
    5:20 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

UK may have to take a look at the Tobacco Bowl in Sandy Hook, Kentucky! 6 & 6 teams shouldn’t go to any bowls!

• Jaxson
      5:37 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

Especially if one of those wins is against an FCS school like EKU.

12. WeareBBN
    5:27 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

I refuse to go to any more games this year. If I am not going to Commonwealth I surely will not travel to BFE to watch this product.

13. UKBlue1
    6:50 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

Yea we should really stop talking about Bowl games!

14. jaws2
    6:51 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

I’m sorry. No way I’m spending money (that I have BTW) to go to any 6-6 bowl game. Certainly for what I’ve had to witness this year. We’re supposed to be improving and we are not. Three years in and we can’t manage clock, get the correct number of players on the field, and the defense is not set for a play 75% of the time. That’s all on coaching. Stoops needs to stop hiring friends and hire some coaches. We’re getting more talent but they’re not being coached up. I’ll give him one more year, then I’m off the bandwagon.

15. rdjanes
    7:02 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

Forget about ANY bowl game. We can’t beat Vandy or Louisville.

16. CPACAT
    7:59 pm November 8, 2015 Permalink

I am about as big a UK football as there is, but if the last 40 years that I have been following them has taught me anything, it’s that UK football never meets or exceeds expectations…this team that lost to AU, MSU, UT, and UGA in the last four weeks (and almost lost to EKU) is not sniffing a win over Vandy or UL… Another disappointing 5-7 season that could have been so much better. People act suprised when fans turn to basketball in early November, with the turds this team has been delivering (basically all season long…see 2nd half of ULLafayette game), it is no wonder!! Being a UK football fan is a joyless, thankless endeavor!

17. Biscuits Old Dad
    8:40 am November 9, 2015 Permalink

No, won’t go, won’t watch it.
    This team doesn’t deserve a bowl game.