Patrick Towles, “I am sure that I will be out there playing.”

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

Unlike the Georgia game, Patrick Towles didn’t seem timid or cautious after today’s practice.  He was excited and energized for another opportunity.  “I can’t wait to get back out there with my guys,” Towles said.

He believes he’ll be the one taking the snaps this Saturday.

The biggest criticism I’ve heard from Pat is that he isn’t a team player, or that he doesn’t care enough.  His sense of humor and calmness irritates many fans.  He did not run his fingers through his hair, but he still had some of that sense of humor.

Alan Cutler asked, “How’s your head?”

“Still attached,” he responded.

If I could describe his attitude, I would say “business-like.”  The job isn’t keeping his stating spot, it’s getting to the postseason,  “We wanna have a postseason here and the road goes through Nashville.”

I’ll have more notes later tonight.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

19 Comments for Patrick Towles, “I am sure that I will be out there playing.”

1. BbnGroveStreet
    7:11 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I understand towles has been iffy, BUT how can any quarterack do well when all they do is run for their lives. Go look at aaron Rodgers stats the last 3 weeks..he has been running for his life and played awful..I think towles is good. Go big blue

• Mc12
      7:34 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

369 yards and 4 tds against a good d. I agree he struggled against Denver, but good lord he’s thrown 19 tds and 3 picks, makes quick reads and gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately.

• inside info2
      8:47 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Towels would be tons better if they DID let him run. But the staff doesn’t want him running and taking a chance on getting hurt. This leads me to believe that Drew is terrible or the staff really don’t want him to play due to his attitude issues.

• inside info2
      9:02 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

*doesn’t

2. Jester
    7:19 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I am sure he will be out there playing too, and that’s a significant part of the problem.

3. wildcat451
    7:21 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Aaron Rodgers makes quick decisions…no comparison

4. Delk for 3
    8:02 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Towles hasn’t shown an ability to be resilient enough when games start going downhill for UK. His body language demonstrates that 3 and out after 3 and out does not bother him very much, and I find that to be very disturbing. He seems content with not doing well when it becomes apparent that he is not going to have a good day. He doesn’t have the ability to scratch together some productivity when he’s not on top of his game.
    The only thing he has going for him vs. Barker is that he has all the game experience for 2 college seasons. For that reason, he will still be given a chance to perform this upcoming Saturday. That stated, I feel like Stoops and Dawson have seen enough and realize that Barker may be more helpful to their efforts. I see them switching series with Barker/Towles for the first half on Saturday. Whomever does better, will play the rest of the game in the second half.

5. The Rest of the story
    8:33 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

If ANYONE for one second believed Stoops would ever start Barker regardless of how he practiced is topped off on the Blue Kool-aid. It will be Towles and it was never in doubt in Stoops mind. Cats hopes for a bowl are in the hands of a quarterback who throws behind over and to the other team. Really what do you expect?

• UK Big Board Update
      8:37 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I agree. It’s OBVIOUS Stoops doesn’t have any desire whatsoever to win any more games from here on out…………

• cats paw
      9:47 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

UK Big Board Update is like a 6th grader that never received any attention. This tool makes a post and then uses 6 of his 20 alias names to hit “like” so everyone will think he makes comment that people like. What a total Douchebag!

• UK Big Board Update
      10:12 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Yeah. I have 6-20 different emails. LMAO. Delusional Louisville fans…

Its funny, you were “nowhere to be found” when you could post anonymously. Now, you post all the time since having to sign in again. So, who’s the one using different names? 😉

• UK Big Board Update
      10:46 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

😉

• cats paw
      11:02 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I was here owning you just like I always have! 🙂

• UK Big Board Update
      11:12 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Owning who? Everyone knows you’re a dumbass troll….

Cats paw August 16, 2015 at 6:55 pm | Permalink
      Where do you see this improvement? I think they have had two practices thus far and played zero games! Could it just be in the homers heads? I predict SC by at least 23 points. We shall see who is right!

6. Long Dong Silver
    8:36 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Damn this stuff. Being stubborn isn’t getting us anything

7. SinceStollField
    8:35 am November 11, 2015 Permalink

If Stoops sticks with Towles and Towles plays poorly in a loss, he is asking for and deserving of a lot of heat from the fan base. Other players who have played poorly have lost their starting jobs, but not Towles. I can’t help but think some of the players aren’t happy about this. Of course, if Towles plays well and they win, Stoops will have the Cats heading in the right direction again. I really hope he knows what he is doing. This is a huge game for him.

• theSkinny81
      9:41 am November 11, 2015 Permalink

Talk about hedging your bet! lol

8. Howdy Doody
    3:40 pm November 11, 2015 Permalink

WHY ??

9. Scrappy Cat
    9:02 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

I can’t understand how anyone who has watched this team play can simply blame the QB. This team has played horrible for the past several weeks. There is no pass protection at all, OL has reaccuring penalties, receivers dropping way too many passes, special teams play is horrendous, and the defense tries to untie the opponents shoes instead of tackling them. It may make some people feel better to blame Towles, but honestly if the whole team don’t play better than they have no QB can possibly have success regardless of what his name is.