Patrick Towles cut his hair

towles-hair

One of the dumbest criticisms I’ve ever heard died last night when Patrick Towles cut his long, flowing hair. Towles will debut a new ‘do tomorrow at Vanderbilt in arguably the most important game of his and Mark Stoops’ careers.

A KSR reader took a screenshot of Towles’ new cut on SnapChat, which is unacceptable, but I’m obligated to share it with you now.

IMG_1591

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Patrick Towles cut his hair

1. ukjaybrat
    10:45 am November 13, 2015 Permalink

but if he balls tomorrow, was it always the hair ?

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am November 13, 2015 Permalink

I doubt his hair has anything to do with his play, but maybe there will be a placebo effect and Towles will think it makes him play better?

2. The Rest of the story
    11:28 am November 13, 2015 Permalink

I hope he wears contacts because he has vision problems. Only explanation on why he misses receivers so badly. Was the hair in his eyes?

• whatwasthat
      2:55 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

Wow, just repeating what other people have said, great football knowledge. No college quarterback or pro for that matter throws perfect passes even half the time, it’s the receivers responsibility to catch the errant throw as long as they can get their hands on it, it should be considered a good throw or great catch. I would bet Patrick has has had more dropped passes than he has had uncatchable passes. Many and I mean many of his incompletions have been passes he has thrown away to avoid the loss of a sack. Football knowledge is so lacking on this board. The very first game Barker plays in this year, he sustains a shoulder injury, from which he is still recovering from, I am amazed that Pat hasn’t went down yet with the putrid offensive line he has protecting him.

• jaws2
      6:02 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

You can’t be serious whatwasthat! I like Towles but he’s thrown waaaaaaay more bad passes that were saved by his receivers or so far off the mark they couldn’t get near them, than dropped balls. You must not watch much UK football.

• whatwasthat
      9:12 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

Like I said, lack of football knowledge. I’ll say it again, no college QB throws perfect passes 100% of the time. The receivers have dropped so many easy passes, you must not be watching, drops that probably cost them victories in close games.

3. Le Docteur
    2:48 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

“I hope the Towles critics are happy. I think he should’ve kept the long hair, personally. You do realize it has no effect on a football game, right?”

Seriously, KSR, it’s a mystery to me why you think your readers would care what hairstyle Drew Franklin prefers in another man (more power to you, Drew) but it’s no surprise to see yet another KSR writer with a crush on Patrick Towles. But here are some other disturbing things about this piece: (1) how does Drew Franklin know that Towles cut his hair in response to his critics? (2) If he did, why is Towles so concerned about what his critics say about his hair? (3) Doesn’t Patrick Towles have more important things to do and worry about than take photos of his new hair style and post them on social media? Self-absorbed much? (4) if the writer of the comment quoted above wanted to sound more like a high school girl reacting to criticism of her boyfriend, exactly what (if anything) would change about the quote? (5) If Drew Franklin thinks Patrick Towles’ hair has nothing to do with a football game, why post a piece about it on Kentucky SPORTS Radio?

• leon singleton
      5:34 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

Thank God he is not gay. The defensive line was wanting that little ass. The Offense line will hold them out now.

4. Poppschmidty
    3:29 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

Different day…same amount of butthurt in the comment section.

5. catsarerunnin
    5:27 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

Hair today….gone tomorrow.

6. Jiminy Crickets
    7:41 pm November 13, 2015 Permalink

The morning after the GA game, and people yelling about the QB controversy, I posted “$100 says towles cuts his hair, and Stoops will praise his focus and work ethic”.

My post was deleted. Hmmm…I think this coaching staff is more predictable than the play calling.