Patrick Towles confirms the Blue Out

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 1.50.20 PM

That black UK football t-shirt you love? Leave it at home. The white one, too.

Blue only in Commonwealth Stadium Saturday night from head to toe.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Patrick Towles confirms the Blue Out

1. Maxwell
    2:16 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

Wish I could go. I think this is going to be a statement game. UK by 2 touchdowns. Love the blue out.

2. Cal's Cats
    3:11 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

This should be a given, I own some black uk shirts but I would never wear it to a football or basketball game. You wear your schools primary color…in our case blue. Wearing white, black, pink, green whatever is not for games. Even if it says UK on it, from a distance, the players on the field all they see is the pink, black, etc.

• Interesting
      3:14 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

Finally something to make the old people happy and they still find a way to complain about Black, Gray and alternative colors. Simply fascinating

• I think CC is right, old or not. If you want to wear black or gray or green UK gear, fine (I actually have a gray UK hoodie and a gray regular sweatshirt), but games should be blue (unless there is a black out or white out).

Anyway, I say again they should slap the Power K on those chrome helmets and that way you mix old and new school!

CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ColoradoCat
      3:48 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

I think that if you want to buy my gear, you can dictate what I wear. Otherwise mind your business and cheer for the team. It doesn’t make anyone any less of a fan or wrong. I paid for my ticket just like you. Enjoy the game. Go Cats!

• CatFanDu
      4:40 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

Blue it is! I have to agree with Cal’s Cats, it only makes sense to wear the school’s colors- I won’t be shouting GO Big White? Grey? Pink? Green? Camo? come Saturday. I will be screaming GO BIG BLUE!!!

• Jesus Effin' Facepalming Christ
      7:20 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

Jesus H., I hate some of our fans……

“I aint gone shout no Go Big Gray! Durrr!”

“They dont want to see no damn BLACK up ‘ere in the crowd!!!”

• Jesus Effin' Facepalming Christ
      7:20 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

Its the few that ruin shit for the many. Every damn time.

3. AJCAT
    3:51 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

I guess we can call it “See BLUE Saturday”

4. Cousins Fake Tooth
    3:51 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

What are we, Louisville?

• novalsi
      5:58 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, they do wear a lot of blue.

5. get off my lawn
    4:05 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

I’m and old blue hair that can’t see the game when your standing so sit down. If the players wear any color other than blue and white I forget who to golf clap for. Could you not be so loud it make my hearing aids ring. For God sakes can we get some Elvis played at a moderate level over the speakers.

• novalsi
      6:00 pm September 16, 2015 Permalink

A+ comment. Just top notch. Meaningful, insightful, necessary, and completely relevant.