Patrick Towles accepts the Ice Water Bucket Challenge from Jared Lorenzen

I’ll keep posting these until you all tell me to stop…

32 Comments for Patrick Towles accepts the Ice Water Bucket Challenge from Jared Lorenzen

1. The Loco Pollo
    1:33 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

I say keep ’em coming. Great cause and I think these have truly raised awareness for such an awful disease. Now it’s up to the ALSA to put funds to good use.

On another note, Towles doesn’t look as big as last year. Maybe that’s a good thing – signed, Peyton, Eli, Tom Brady, etc.

2. STOP
    1:36 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

STOP.

• jimlowe7
      2:22 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

STOP…get a life…bake a pie…go to the mall…shop online…watch a movie…but STOP!

• 2 legit to quit
      3:00 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Hammer time!

3. doc
    1:38 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

I wouldn’t think a guy who calls himself “Patty Ice” would react that way to an ice bath. It would have been awesome if he just sat there.

4. I Sayy
    1:39 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Get in the weight room Pat, that chest is looking weak, bruh.

5. stop it
    1:42 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

stop

6. Bballdoc
    1:46 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Stop.
    Unless Kige tries again.

7. J-Lo
    1:51 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

I challenged him to the chicken bucket not the Ice bucket

8. Rei
    1:56 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Yes, stop. I’ve seen enough on facebook.

9. Stop
    2:04 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Stop

10. Ice sick-l
    2:04 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Enough!. Uncle! Btw, who was the big guy,gray hair,sitting next toCal in the Bahamas gym? A bodyguard or just a bud?

11. Really?
    2:05 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Everyone saying stop hasn’t had a family member with this disease . Every time more of these videos are posted more money is raised. I watched my grandmother’s body melt away as she was cognitively intact. Imagine being trapped in your own body not being able to move, speak, or eat, taking your food through a feeding tube and wondering which gasp of air will be your last. I hope these videos lead to advances in research, and I hope all you posting stop never experience this disease first hand.

• Explain
      2:37 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Please explain how more money is raised every time the videos are posted. Who is giving the $$? Towles? Lorenzen? Seriously, is this really raising $? Tired of this stupid fad. Give $$ and forget the stupid ice buckets people.

• Explain this
      2:41 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Here ya go Buddy. Let me know if you need any other help using Google.

• You're Wrong, Hater
      2:45 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

“Please explain how money is raised every time”….here ya go…the ALS Association has since said that it has raised $15.6 million as a result of the challenge, nine times what it normally raises in the same time frame. Another ALS charity, Project ALS, told the Washington Post that its donations were 50 times normal. ALS TDI, another ALS charity, says that has raised $580,000 since the beginning of August, 10 times what it normally receives.

Posting brings awareness, awareness brings donations. Stop being such a hater.

• Explain
      3:26 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

stfu. Not a hater. I asked a question.

From an interwebs article:”Those who refuse to take the challenge are asked to make a donation to the ALS charity of their choice.” (The commonly suggested donation is $100.) Plainly, there’s something of a perverse incentive here. Those pictured on Facebook or Twitter dousing themselves with ice water are ostensibly people who refused to donate.”

Which is why I legitimately asked the question. Did Towles avoid donating by taking the challenge? Maybe or maybe not. My point remains….I see more self promotion on FB, Twitter, here and everywhere on the ‘net involving this “challenge”. I guarantee you 90% of those getting dumped on are giving zilch, but instead just like to see themselves on Facebook or wherever. My point is just give the money. Do you really think Kige Ramsey caused a groundswell of $$ donated to ALS? Me either.

• WeAreUK69
      7:38 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Explain … why the Stop ?? Just don’t watch. For those of us who have lost a loved one to this dreadful disease (Mom..11 yrs ago), it is great to see awareness & donations being created. And I would say yes, the majority of people are both donating & doing the challenge. You think Cal didn’t ?? How about Stoops & Craft ?? I’m sure there are many that don’t, but a great majority clearly have evidenced by the significant increase in money raised. Please continue posting these videos. thank you

12. Old and Cranky
    2:06 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

About time to stop except for the epic failures

13. Bluebloodtoo
    2:09 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

please stop

14. Stop
    2:09 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

The Ice Bucket challenge may be a cause of ALS…

15. Nick
    2:20 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Stop.

16. willie t
    2:31 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Stop posting and start giving….mother in law died of it few years back. Awful disease. Quit being cool and doing what amounts to the latest “harlem shake”…..give money

• brandon
      2:41 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

I agree that this has become a trendy thing to do but if it raises money then why does it matter.

17. brandon
    2:40 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

Are all of you that are requesting for this to stop at least going to donate to the cause? If not, then ignore it on FB, KSR or anywhere else you want to complain about seeing these videos. If you believe taking two seconds out of your lives to scroll past a video is worth more than the awareness and money this is raising for ALS then I truly feel sorry for you.

18. NO WAMMIES NO WAMMIES.....
    3:35 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

STOPPPPP!!!!!!

19. Houston Wildcat
    3:57 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

STOP….Make it stop please, make it stop………..

20. Anon
    4:09 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

It’s baffling to me how proudly obnoxious KSR has gotten. “IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT THEN DON’T COME HERE” -inevitable redneck response.

I come here because there ARE things worth reading a lot of the time. What I don’t understand is why these writers go out of their way to antagonize people, when there is plenty of to write about. Drew and Matt are the worst, obviously, but now Tyler is going to do it, which is a shame because she was the only one who really wasn’t into the whole pissing-the-readers-off-because-I’m-a-huge-douche thing.

I was stupid enough to believe Matt at first when he said he was working to change the negativity on this site. Step one? Don’t do the exact opposite of what the comments suggest.

• Champ
      5:01 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

So how do you feel about this?

21. The Poseyville Pisser
    5:42 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

S-T-O-P!!!!!!!

Getting ice water poured on yourself does not make you a philanthropist!

22. Cnyle
    6:27 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

STOP!!! Please everyone stop with these stupid ice bucket vids. Good grief how many time can you keep watching the same stupid crap. At least the Harlem Shake had cool music and everyone was sick of those vids after a week or 2, so STOP!

23. Tom
    7:52 pm August 19, 2014 Permalink

I’m tickle to death they’re doing it. My granddaughter’s school is doing it. Everyone is doing the fun. . And I hope it helps cure the dreaded disease.
    Keep posting the photos.
    See if you can get one Mitch.