Opening line has Kentucky as a home underdog next week

Las Vegas isn’t waiting to hear the official word on Terry Wilson’s playing status for next week’s game.

Circa Sports, the new sports book out in Sin City, was the first to release a line on the upcoming Kentucky-Florida game and it has Florida giving up 11 points to the Cats in Lexington. The opening total on the game is 49 points.

With Sawyer Smith likely taking over the quarterback duties for Kentucky, how do we feel about only getting 11 points against the Gators? Last week the line was projected to be around five, via the Sagarin ratings. Do we trust Kentucky to keep it close with Smith under center?

Discuss.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Opening line has Kentucky as a home underdog next week

1. maximumscott
    4:10 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Vegas giving Florida to much credit. I’ve watched both games and they aren’t impressive. Losing Toney was a big deal. He was the Lynn Bowden of their offense. Florida is getting the benefit of having the name Florida.

Nothing to see here.

Sawyer gonna shock the world and throw for 300+ 4 TDs… Bowden gonna run a kick or punt back.

Cats- 31
    Gators- 21

• bigblue98
      4:46 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Agreed – believe we can definitely win. Only beginning to scratch the surface with Smoke. He will be a star by seasons end.

• RCT3
      5:57 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. Gators really haven’t looked solid at all. From what I saw out of sawyer there’s nothing to be worried about other than losing terry’s run game, but I feel that smoke and the boys will make up for that. Sawyer has got both the experience and the talent to lead us the rest of the way. It sucks to lose terry but in my mind the cats are still in a good spot. Lots of playmakers that can have a big game at any time. Gators will roll into a packed Kroger Field Saturday night and get beat by the cats 34-27. This seasons for you TW!

2. makeitstop
    4:18 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I’d take 11 points… I suspect a lot of others will too.

3. TOMCATS1990
    4:26 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Bulletin Board material. Stoops and Company better use this all week and tell his team no one thinks we can win. Double Digit home Dog is a lot. This isn’t BAMA or Clemson coming into K-Field Saturday night.

4. Tango98
    4:54 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Take the over!! Go Cats!!

5. abmorris27
    4:55 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Terry Wilson had much less D1 game experience than Sawyer last year and went into The Swamp and played well. Sawyer is less dynamic as a runner but he’s got a good arm, is a big strong guy that can run if needed to move the chains and will play with poise. I don’t think our odds of winning this game are much different than with a healthy Terry. It’s going to be a close game.

• satcheluk
      7:19 am September 10, 2019 Permalink

I agree. Similar skill set, but less athleticism. Likely less command of the offense given his short tenure, so let’s hope he was a great student and has memorized most of the playbook. Also he hadn’t been running with the first team, so their timing is off, as was seen in his second half performance. If we play well we can win this. I’ll probably buy a TD and tease it up just to be safe.

6. MtnCat
    5:07 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Big Dog knows what’s up but ain’t no one who votes thinks these Cats for real. I like me some poll next week with little numbers. Bring It!!

7. Madville M
    5:14 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Smith is a capable Qb the real issue is the secondary, they look confused and lost the majority of the time. I know they are young but they will be the determining factor of this game but I definitely wouldn’t count out Uk just yet.

• mashburnfan1
      6:07 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Yea I am more worried about our D than I am QB, not that losing TW does not suck but man our D gave up alot to a bad team. WR wide open several times and a few deep ones, even UF will not miss those like EMU and Toledo did. All is correctable but not sure it can be in this amount of time. Plus we can’t seem to stop the QB scramble run, if not fixed by Mizzou game we are in Trouble.

8. eyebleedblue
    5:49 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I see UF -9.5/10

9. VMI1957
    6:40 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

FL 31 – UK 14

• satcheluk
      7:23 am September 10, 2019 Permalink

You give me those points, I’ll give u 2 to 1 odds.

10. stevemotley
    7:03 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I like Sawyer Smith but this is not an ideal game for his first start. Thankfully we’re at home so noise won’t be a factor which is good because Florida is going to come after him all night. If Smith is comfortable in the pocket, steps up and makes the right read we’ll have a shot to win, if not, it will be a hot frustrating night.

11. bluecorvettecat
    10:09 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Our secondary is much more worrisome than Sawyer. He led Troy to victory over Nebraska, even though they were weak last year. Two MAC teams exploited our defensive backs and I fear FL will do more damage. Don’t know if we can score enough points to offset that damage.
    Hopeful but concerned ?

• zoupman
      10:23 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I agree. Don’t think we can score enough to overcome home much the secondary will give up.

• notFromhere
      12:22 am September 9, 2019 Permalink

CATS havent run anything special on defense yet. Barely stunted in either of the first 2 games. Stoops was testing and stretching that secondary as much as he could to see what it could do. This Saturday will be a different game from them, and I hope we can put it together like we need to…

12. notFromhere
    12:20 am September 9, 2019 Permalink

EXCELLENT! Wouldn’t have it any other way right now. Hope the Cats are ready to play better than they have so far this year. Let’s get a streak going of our own against the Gators (and stop frkn playing them only when it’s warm)! Why should they continue to get special treatment in this conference every year?

13. notFromhere
    12:28 am September 9, 2019 Permalink

If we don’t hurt ourselves with stupid penalties and fumbles, CATS by 12.