One Outlet Predicts only Six Wins for Kentucky Football in 2019

College football’s talking season makes people say some crazy things. Like almost every year, college football prognosticators are underestimating the Kentucky Wildcats.

Brad Crawford of 247 Sports predicted the win-loss record for every single team in the SEC. After going through the schedule, Crawford believes UK finish tied for fifth in the SEC East at 6-6.

If Kentucky manages to win 10 games this fall, go ahead and give Mark Stoops national coach of the year. After heavy personnel losses, I’m projecting this team will be closer to six wins than 10. My guess here is that the Wildcats have their 5-year winning streak vs. South Carolina snapped in Columbia and a win over Arkansas on Oct. 12 equals their first SEC victory. That means Kentucky gets to a bowl game with wins over Vandy, UT Martin and Louisville to close out the regular season.

Few around the BBN believe the Cats will only win six games. The biggest sticking point in this prediction is a “guess” that South Carolina will finally beat Kentucky. You don’t need to guess to see that before UK travels to Columbia, the Cocks be coming off back-to-back losses to Alabama and at Missouri. Winning on the road in the SEC is never easy, but this UK team will not be easily intimidated by Williams-Brice Stadium

Preseason predictions will always favor the name brands, like Tennessee and Florida, and known commodities, like Missouri quarterback Kelly Bryant. If Kentucky debunks this prediction, it will with players who are widely unknown or underestimated by the rest of the SEC.

“Nobody thought we had a solid team last year but I did,” Stoops said this spring. “And I feel the same way going into this year. Our guys in the program now are further along because they’ve seen what it takes. They’ve seen a good model. “

[247 Sports]

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

16 Comments for One Outlet Predicts only Six Wins for Kentucky Football in 2019

1. meeksfor3
    2:16 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

UT at 8-4 but UK at 6-6? Now they are just trolling.

• BlueGrass
      3:25 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the UK prediction is lazy, but UT at 8-4 is just egregious.

I think I could fix this list pretty easy in three steps:

1. Trade UK and UT, UK at 8-4 and UT at 6-6
      2. Subtract two wins from LSU and Mizzou
      3. Take one win away from UF and MSU

• satcheluk
      3:27 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

Right. I am willing right now to bet both of my homes that both UT does not go 8-4 and UK fall to 6-6.

• DelrayCat
      6:02 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

Missouri potential is legit. They have a VERY favorable schedule and if Kelly Bryant (former Clemson starter) performs as expected, they may challenge for the East crown.

2. UKinIN
    2:19 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

UK has lost so much valuable experience I don’t have an issue with the win total prediction. I think it’s idiotic to predict a South Carolina victory just because, but after decades of UK coming down to the wire to be bowl eligible, I don’t think it’s unfair to say UK has a lot to prove next season.

3. bbn606
    2:24 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

I say 7-5 during this rebuilding year but after that, look out. Missouri at 9-3 is ridiculous. They will lose 3 or more just in the East.

• DelrayCat
      6:03 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

Again…dig further. That’s a very good team, easy schedule, and they may actually be upgraded at QB.

4. Biggie
    2:28 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

I’ll take the “over” please!

5. Cole28
    2:29 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

This prediction means only 2 SEC wins (Arkansas at home, and at Vandy). I don’t see that being the case. Kentucky will defeat at least one of Missouri, South Carolina, and Tennessee, and could potentially win at home against Florida. 7-5 is a very safe bet for this team, and 8-4 is still silly. 6-6 or below is a stretch, and 9-3 or better is a stretch.

6. stevemotley
    2:29 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

People dont realize how much UK has returning. Our front 7 will be monstrous especially if Peters is allowed to play. If our offense doesn’t put up close to 40 a game I’ll be surprised. I see huge years coming for Wilson, Bowden and Rose

7. Cole28
    2:38 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

8. notFromhere
    5:25 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

Keep it coming! We can make a bigger billboard

9. cats646
    5:41 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

Love the disrespect!!
    “Everybody wants to doubt us! I’m proud of my team, and we gon’ keep proving y’all wrong!! LETS GO!!”
    -Snellyea!!
    GO BIG BLUE!!

10. Memphis UK Cat
    6:50 pm June 13, 2019 Permalink

I think 6-6 is possible after the loss of talent however, stoops has proven he can coach up. That would be exciting to see at least 8 wins.