On SEC Network Now: Kentucky vs. Tennessee, 2007

The SEC Network is currently airing the 2007 clash between Kentucky and Tennessee in Commonwealth Stadium. The four-OT classic featured some of your UK favorites like Andre Woodson, Rafael Little, Jacob Tamme, Stevie Johnson, Dicky Lyons and Keenan Burton, plus UT villains Erik Ainge and Arian Foster.

After making a big comeback in the second half, Kentucky lost on a failed two-point conversion try to force a fifth overtime, one of those sports moments I will never forget. The Cats were sooooo close.

Tune in now for the flashback, unless you’re, like, working or something.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for On SEC Network Now: Kentucky vs. Tennessee, 2007

1. shields eyes
    12:49 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Lose 27 times with some beloved teams with great players and then win with a wide receiver at quarterback against one of the worst Tennessee teams ever.

2. vickster3
    12:50 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

UT was stealing our offensive play calls in the first half, which is a major factor in them building the huge lead they had in the middle of the game.

3. Big Don
    1:17 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Just a horrible moment. Those guys left it on the field to come up short. One of the best regular season games in the past 15 years

4. ReedyCreekBuc
    1:21 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

That was the day after my mom died. I went to the game just to get away from it all. Although we didn’t win, it was an incredible game. Just what I needed! At least we finally did beat the PUKE ORANGE!

5. doc
    1:27 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Painful. We had so many chances to win in overtime and just couldn’t get it done. Lones Seiber, you broke my heart.

6. inlinefor9
    1:31 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Had seats along the wall in the endzone where Lones missed. Girlfriend right before the kick said “watch him miss this” and I looked at her with complete astonishment. Couldn’t believe she said it. Sure enough, missed. And I lost it.

• memphis
      2:21 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I took a video of it with my camera. Looks like we both jinxed it.

7. Zach
    1:48 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

One of the coldest games I can remember at Commonwealth, only to be one of the toughest losses in the past 10 years.

8. Glenn
    1:50 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

The thing that really makes me mad about the field goal was Rich Brooks running the ball up the middle 3 times and settling for the 43 yarder.

9. Catsmalls
    1:54 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I was there as well. When we intercepted the ball near the endzone in 2nd OT I turned to my brother and said we win if Joker doesn’t get conservative. Woodson had been carving up Tenn secondary. What happens? 3 straight runs and a missed field goal. I blame that loss on the play calling in that 2nd OT.

10. Big Blue B-Rad
    2:15 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I will never forget when that game was over, just sitting in the bleachers at the stadium for what seemed like forever. Head in my hands, just thinking “wow this was a gut-wrenching loss.”

11. BillDozer
    2:20 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Really tough loss that year. That was a fun season, but that team left a ALOT on the table. Shouldve been 9-3 if they could take care of business.

• Soup
      2:23 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Shouldn’t have lost to Mississippi State. And the Florida game was a shoot-out. Luckily the good memories of that season outweigh the bad which is rare for UK football.

• BillDozer
      3:43 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

True

12. asdf
    2:30 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I remember actually crying after this game.

13. UKBlue1!
    2:58 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Close only counts in hand granades.

• blukat