Not one CBS writer picks UK to finish top 4 in the SEC East

This may wipe the grin off Mark Stoops’ fiery face real fast. The CBS sports crew isn’t high on UK this year and not one writer picked UK to finish in the top four of the SEC East.

It gets worse.

Only two writers picked UK to finish fifth (Dennis Dodd and Ben Kercheval) while two picked the Cats to finish last in the East (Jerry Palm and Barton Simmons). The other three picked UK to finish sixth. Yikes. I’m not a math major but that averages out to a sixth place finish from the CBS crew. That would almost certainly mean a losing SEC record and a disappointing season.

And folks, I don’t see it happening. Georgia should be picked ahead of UK without debate, but you could make a case for UK against any other team. Even if you’re bullish on the Gamecocks and Gators (I’m not), I can’t imagine a scenario taking Mizzou, Vandy and Tennessee over Kentucky.

Remember, CBS said earlier this summer that UofL had the best team in Kentucky in 2018 because of Lamar Jackson.

They share some other analysis including bold predictions and overrated teams, you can read that HERE. It’s hard to be overrated when you’re picked near the bottom, but let’s hope they’re wrong.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by TJ Walker

31 Comments for Not one CBS writer picks UK to finish top 4 in the SEC East

1. Catcasey1
    4:09 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Y would they stoops has not proved anything and I doubt that he ever does. He’s just not head coaching material. Nice man I’m sure BUT.

• david8577
      4:13 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Hey there troll. Is the sun hurting your eyes?

• Alex90
      4:47 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Turned a hs jv roster into an SEC Program in 5 years going from 2 wins to back to back Bowls in his forst ever head coaching job? Just awful…

2. Parker_UKFanNC
    4:14 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

We finished well last year in the East and we didn’t lose a whole lot of talent? I really want us to beat South Carolina so these idiots who are so high on them can eat crow.

• ClutchCargo
      4:29 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

This is the most satisfying thing about beating S. Carolina, now that Spurrier isn’t around to throw his visor down on the sideline.

• Parker_UKFanNC
      7:04 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

My first ever college football game was actually the game when we beat them on the road to end our SEC road game losing streak. It was awesome to know that loss pushed him to retirement.

• Mathlete
      6:17 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Did “so they can eat (SC’s mascot)” get flagged by the moderator bots?

3. CombatMedic_98
    4:20 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Let’s not allow people educated beyond their intelligence to affect BBN!!! just addin’ fuel to the fire…#GETUP

4. drew_123
    4:38 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Finished 3rd last year, and 4th the year before. I think Kentucky will be alright imo

5. bigblue2284
    4:39 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

That seems about right, UK is not a football school. I have given up buying any hype for the football program. Let’s be honest if not for basketball and SEC money UK would have left or been kicked out of the SEC.

• cats646
      4:52 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

So why is vandy still in??

• Alex90
      4:54 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Weren’t you the guy saying UK would definitely lose to Duke as well? Yea, you were. You have a sad life troll.

• krautdog
      4:59 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

?Methinks you’re spot on!!!

• CombatMedic_98
      5:05 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Agreeed!

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      5:33 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Kicked out? Every win requires a loss. Unless you know some magical way a conference can have all winners Kentucky is not, will not, and never has been at such risk.

• bigblue2284
      9:46 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Alex90 I said Duke looked better right now, pay attention. UK isn’t competitive in football and typically isn’t sec caliber. Take off the blinders. I didn’t say they were close to being out of the sec, I said if it weren’t for a few things they would be. They have zero business in the sec for football and would have far more success in another weaker conference.

• bigblue2284
      9:47 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Antique your an idiot. UK loses more than wins pretty easy to follow.

• cats646
      12:05 am August 25, 2018 Permalink

Bigblue you’re an idiot. We’ve competed very well in the SEC for the past two years.

• bigblue2284
      12:48 am August 25, 2018 Permalink

Cats646 hilarious I’m assuming you were being sarcastic…

6. az1006
    4:52 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

We finished 3rd last season, a ton of talent, and have added depth every virtually every position (linebacker notwithstanding). We should be better than we were a year ago. I realize other teams can improve too, but I just don’t see this.

Have to admit, though…I like the fuel this will surely give to this group.

7. cats646
    4:53 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

I freakin love this!! Someone show Benny smell this article ASAP!! Go Cats!

8. CombatMedic_98
    5:09 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

This should make the coaching staff sooo darn mad that they start throwing garbage cans during the game…LOL

9. Callinstraight
    5:11 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

Dumbasses picked Hillary to win also. Who gives a rat’s rear end what CBS thinks.

10. Wade
    5:17 pm August 24, 2018 Permalink

I like where we’re at as a football program. On game day I feel like like we can play anybody and I get excited. Alabama didn’t embarrass us, we’ve had some blowouts but have stopped it lately as much or got redemption with miss state and tn and we’ve played ga well ,could have beat them 2 yrs ago. this yr we get Florida for sure I think we jump on them and let loose that game after central mich. we just can’t have dumb shit late in games or missed coverages like we’ve had. It happens but not like how ky has done it. That’s coaches evolving and stoops has to do that to shake the he’s not head coach material that’s been bestowed upon him. I like our team and think we also have some nfl guys on this team. terry Wilson and Gunnar need to play the season together until maybe the third game or ride the hot hand til then. I like them both but agree we need 1 but both need game action and I’m fine with that.

11. kydrummer