Not Good: Terry Wilson spotted on crutches

(Photo: Twitter/@TerrisA3)

As we await the official word out of the UK football program, we’re left speculating the extent of Terry Wilson’s injury, and I think we all believe the news isn’t going to be good news whenever it comes.

Adding to that pessimistic outlook, someone snapped a photo of Wilson leaving the hospital on crutches with a big brace on his injured left leg, presumably after his MRI on Sunday:

Throw in all of the social media posts from Wilson’s teammates, like this one from Lynn Bowden, and it sure seems like Wilson will be out for a long time.

Mark Stoops is set to talk to the media on Monday, but we may get a Sunday afternoon statement given the significance and widespread concern around the situation.

This sucks.

Article written by Drew Franklin

31 Comments for Not Good: Terry Wilson spotted on crutches

1. TOMCATS1990
    3:34 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Prayers to TD Terry! Sawyer your the QB now. Good Luck and be ready for Saturday night and let’s beat the Gators.

2. mashman 93
    3:36 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I feel so bad for Terry but let’s get behind this young man. He needs all the support he can get from the #BBN. GO CATS!!!

• mashman 93
      3:37 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I’m referring to Sawyer Smith. Get well soon Terry. Prayers for you young man.

3. Skooms
    3:36 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

This definitely sucks! I’ll wait till after Florida though before I form any season opinions. Sawyer may be able to surprise us all…..in a good way! I’m just trying to remain optimistic this week.

4. maximumscott
    3:37 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Is there a chance that Smith balls out and becomes a better option than Terry?!?! I hate to lose Terry but I cant help but think of similar situations Across sports where the backup is actually legit. Most recently Jake Fromm coming in for Eason.

It may be a long shot but I dont think the season is lost. Based on some of the throws he made looks like the kid knows how to read defenses. Just nees to get the timing down with receivers. That will happen with more reps with the 1s

5. mashman 93
    3:39 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I tell you man I don’t think the season is lost either and at least his first start is at home I just wish it wasn’t against Florida.

6. SwaggyP
    3:40 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Sawyer Smith will lead us to a 10 win season.

7. Angelo
    3:41 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

The horse collar tackler should be banned for life from football ?

• mashburnfan1
      6:01 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

another idiot, I guess you want Oats gone forever as well for that BS targeting that knocked Toledo QB out. Is stuff that happens in football, was in no way intentional.

• KYJelly
      7:12 pm September 9, 2019 Permalink

You can disagree with someone without insulting them

8. ScoggDog
    3:46 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Meh – even if it’s a sprain, they should have that thing isolated. And they do.

He’s out against Florida – but maybe not for the season. And if the damage was catastrophic – he wouldn’t be on crutches. You still put weight on it with crutches.

Either way – it’s not a career ender – and that’s the most important thing for him at this point.

9. BigBertha
    3:48 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

All them damn golf carts on campus and not ONE to give my dude a lift? Whew chile…

• ScoggDog
      3:52 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Bright side pard – maybe he don’t need one.

And he looks like he’s got plenty of help getting down the road. I think he’s gonna’ be ok.

10. HackRichards
    3:53 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Sawyer Smith is an upgrade in most areas.

• UKiyaoyas
      4:12 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Unproven

• JPhelps
      4:16 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

As was Terry…

• Cattington
      5:09 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

What evidence do you have about that? What it is about UK fans that they think guys who haven’t played are better than what we’ve seen? I point to Gunnar Hoak, Tai Wynyard, and Danny Clarke as examples. It’s pretty weird.

• mashburnfan1
      6:03 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Cattington it is simply because TW is not white, sadly that is why most of these idiots say things about him. Guarantee that is the “upgrade in most areas” this moron was talking about. Just hoping there is a special place for people like that and the many others that say the same things.

11. 4everUKblue
    3:53 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Prayers to Terry. BBN loves you!

12. KatsKlaws
    3:56 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I wonder why people are so optimistic about Smith when they have only seen him play a half of football??? Hmm…

• JPhelps
      4:15 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Idk. 5-2 record at Troy and threw for 1600 yards in 7 games?

• JusSayin
      5:06 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Don’t you know the rule of Kentucky Football? The backup QB is ALWAYS better. Duh

• KatsKlaws
      6:40 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Yeah Smith did all of that…. at Troy… In the Sun Belt Conference… It just seems to me that ppl are acting as if the QB1 didn’t just go down and it’s a big deal… Hope Smith does well… But he hasn’t played in and won 10 games in the SEC…. Yet!

13. jakew60
    3:58 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Prayers for terry, but I think Sawyer can be really good and I have confidence in that I hope terry is able to come back and compete because he was improving extremely

14. JPhelps
    4:11 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

He gone.

Next man up! I liked what I saw from Smith. He might be what we need!

15. neat1ky
    4:17 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I guess katsklaws they know he has experience from doing well at Troy and game experience is a major plus and it showed. From the stands watching him I think we r lucky to have had him as backup. And here’s hoping Terry’s injury not as bad as 1st thought.

16. TOMCATS1990
    4:20 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Just hope Stoops doesn’t dummy down the offense this week against Florida and try and ground and pound it. Let the Kid play and make plays that’s our best chance of getting the W.

• maximumscott
      4:47 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

I seriously doubt that. He was letting the lid throw bombs. He is known for deep ball accuracy.

17. Wildcat homer
    5:16 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

Terry is a great football player and an even better person

The BBN is behind you 100 percent

• mashburnfan1
      6:04 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

My favorite comment ever and totally agree with you.

18. Jimi40
    10:18 pm September 8, 2019 Permalink

– Terry led us to a 10-3 season & Citrus Bowl Victory last year.

– Of coarse we are heartbroken he got injured & wish him well in his recovery.

– Looking to Florida – This QB Stoops added (Sawyer Smith) has some talent as well as experience & excels in different areas than Terry.

– He is surrounded by more talent that when he was at Troy

– It seems to me with our dynamic run game, we really didnt need terry to run the ball & he got hurt.
    Sawyer seems to be a pocket passer with poise and accuracy which will allow him to throw for more yards and open up the offense in a way Terry had not.

#GOBBN