No Kentucky Players on CBS 7-Round Mock Draft

Photo by UK Athletics

Photo by UK Athletics

Photo by UK Athletics

CBS Sports dropped its first full seven-round NFL Mock Draft today and it’s not good news for Kentucky. There were zero Wildcats listed for the 253 possible selections, which would be the first time since 2007 that Kentucky didn’t have a player drafted.

Five-six years ago this could be a massive deal in terms of recruiting but luckily Kentucky has had success in the draft as of late. Most notably Bud Dupree gave Kentucky a first round pick since Dewayne Robertson went No. 4 to the Jets in 2003. Personally, I think Josh Forrest and/or Cory Johnson could sneak into the draft keeping the streak alive. The NFL Draft starts April 28, so hopefully we start hearing their name pop up.

Article written by Bobby Reagan

One time representative of UK at SEC 3v3 basketball championships. Northern Yankee living the Kentucky dream. Follow me @uklefty22

12 Comments for No Kentucky Players on CBS 7-Round Mock Draft

1. lexfan
    6:45 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

I’m assuming you’re the only one shocked by this Bobby.

• lexfan
      1:27 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

My mistake. We’ve had several players drafted in the first few rounds of the draft the last several years. My Nicholasville-level reading comprehension reared its ugly head again.

2. kybigblue
    7:54 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

Good to see EKU with a player projected to go in the first round.

3. Catlogic15
    9:21 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

That explains 2-10, 5-7, 5-7.
    Incredible with all those fantastic classes.

• whatwasthat
      9:40 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

catlogic, you seem to have no logic, really incredible the lack of knowledge about football ky basketball fans have, boggles the mind really that people are so clueless. The current state of talent in the senior class on this football team is a indictment of the lack of talent that the joke brought in, not coach Stoops. Now I could try to explain it to you, but I just think you would understand. Now if you wouldn’t care go back to the basketball side or card chronicles or from what ever intelligectual black hole you came from.

• Catlogic15
      1:18 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m a Card fan.

• Jester
      9:41 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m a cat fan, but “whatwasthat” maybe you should get better than a 3rd grade grasp of the English language before you start whining about what people can or cannot understand. Given the fact that you can’t even spell intellectual, you shouldn’t be so quick to assume everyone hates UK football or that they “must be basketball fans.”

Keep drinking the coolaid though. It’s doing wonders.

4. Linda Schnitz
    11:01 pm April 18, 2016 Permalink

That is all on Joker and not on Stoops

5. Linda Schnitz
    1:24 am April 19, 2016 Permalink

I will have sex with my brother who is also a Cardnal fan.

6. Howdy Doody
    2:07 pm April 19, 2016 Permalink

WHEN does Stoops start accepting blame instead of allowing all us fans to deflect all his failures onto Joker ?? I never heard Cal blame a bad season on Tubby.
    Geez folks….
    Stoops earns 100 times what the average UK fan does, so WHY do we accept ever increasing lot fees, donations and ticket/concession prices, while allowing bad football at Commonwealth ?
    THINK.

• ukjaybrat
      2:11 pm April 19, 2016 Permalink

Cal has only had one bad season, and it was his fault… not Tubby’s. he had no one to blame but himself.

Stoops on the other hand has had 1 really bad season and two not good seasons. the one really bad season was absolutely joker’s fault and granted he still hasn’t been to a bowl, this is the first year his entire roster is made up of his own players. let’s see what he does with it before we decide his time here is done.

7. UK to Harvard
    1:06 am April 21, 2016 Permalink

Mr. Pratt (and I do use Mr. loosely),

You’re a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth.

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are stale, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You’re a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won’t have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh, food and air. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed, drooling meat-slapper. On a good day, you’re a half-wit.

You are a fiend and a coward. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I’m sorry. I can’t go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don’t have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have forgotten most of what you wrote, because, well… it didn’t really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective… Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us “normal” people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are “challenged” persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your posts. It just wouldn’t have been “right”. Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

Go pee in an electrical outlet.

Oh, and I love Calipari as our head coach.