New photos of Commonwealth Stadium show a lot of work left to do

Shoutout to Cats Illustrated poster Uncle_Blue, who posted a ton of pictures on the Wildcat Lair message board yesterday and today of the progress at Commonwealth Stadium. With only two and a half weeks left until the opener, there’s clearly a lot of work left to do.

Judge for yourself:

The recruiting room:

Stadium club:

The new Ring of Honor feature, which UK also tweeted about yesterday:

More where that came from over at Cats Illustrated, so click here.

9 Comments for New photos of Commonwealth Stadium show a lot of work left to do

1. TampaCat
    5:50 pm August 19, 2015 Permalink

As a construction manager, I can tell you the obvious…ain’t no way the project will be completed in 2 1/2 weeks. They will likely finish the essentials, dress it up as good as possible, and remove all remaining materials out of sight, but it won’t be totally done for at least another month. To me, in every picture we’ve seen it looks like a skeleton crew only working there. Wonder why the GC hasn’t put more boots on the ground. Profit above all else I guess.

2. Hazard's Finest
    5:54 pm August 19, 2015 Permalink

The contractor and university will be blasted by the media, and rightly so for this impending debacle. However, in the end it will look great!

3. Califonia Kayt
    6:37 pm August 19, 2015 Permalink

Come on People with Kentucky’s weather you thought this would be done on time?

the stadium looks great and having some construction back round alot of the things seem to be in the final steps. will it be done for the first game? no but is it impressive how far they have gotten with the amount of time they had, thanks to Kentucky’s weather

last of all WHO CARES, we are getting a top notch product. let them take there time. after all this is about football as long as i have a seat and there is players on the field , im golden

shut up cry babies

4. Kentucky Joe
    6:57 pm August 19, 2015 Permalink

I am not finished either. But seriously, the team will win irregardless if the stadium is done or not

5. Working Cat
    1:18 am August 20, 2015 Permalink

I say the pros out weigh the cons here. Yea it may not be finished by the opener but the final product will be so nice. We will all forget about these pics a few months from now.

6. Cat
    1:44 am August 20, 2015 Permalink

I shouted out warnings about this to Larry Glover months ago…and he basically wanted to know my “credentials”…if I did not have any firsthand knowledge about it back then? I would have not been able to warn…whatever…it could have been done…but unless they are about to bring in a lot of workers quick? Well…I find this disappointing…we’ll see…

7. theoledog
    7:15 am August 20, 2015 Permalink

If it was called The Mitch Barnhart Microwave Stadium… it would’a got done faster!
    All I’m say’n………..

8. Jax
    10:03 am August 20, 2015 Permalink

Are they finally going to take debit cards at the concession stands since we are catching up with the times in the rest of our stadium?

9. Tony G