Neal Brown mum on the Troy job

Photo by Chet White, UK Athletics

Photo by Chet White, UK Athletics

Photo by Chet White, UK Athletics

FootballScoop.com is reporting that Neal Brown will accept the Troy head coaching job tomorrow, but Brown was mum on the subject after the game. When asked, Brown said it was “too early” to comment about the Troy job, but said he was proud to be a Wildcat.

Best of luck, Neal.

18 Comments for Neal Brown mum on the Troy job

1. hersheyisabear
    5:23 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Good riddance. Worst OC ever.

2. CopenhagenCat
    5:25 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Play calling was terrible. Might wanna try to throw the ball instead of waiting until 4 mins left in the game. Everyone knew interceptions were coming after taking so long to throw it down the field.

3. mashburnfan1
    5:27 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Please take the Troy job. Please.

4. DelrayCat
    5:29 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Hire Joker Phillips…Bring back the Joker!!!!
    🙂

5. ghost of whackamo
    5:29 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

6. bosshogg24
    5:42 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Brown’s play calling was responsible for most of the losses, I am glad he’s gone! Now hire a real OC the best to be found! We were promised the “Air Raid” and got “Three yards in a cloud of dust”!

7. Rixter
    5:56 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Oscar said before the game Brown had been offered the head job at Troy, I don’t know how he can pass that up. I’d never turn that down

8. Kelkat
    6:04 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

My concern is recruiting. I had issues with Neal Brown’s play calling too, especially on that last drive. How much of that was because of Patrick’s struggle? Did Patrick make any audibles…and if he didn’t should have he maybe checked out of some plays?

I am like every other UK fan…very disappointed in a game we could have won. The plays on the last drive were horrible. I am OK with Neal Brown going or staying. OC’s are always the first guy the fans won’t to fire.

Like I said, my concern…how will him leaving affect UK’s recruiting going forward? Ultimately…recruiting is the only thing that is going to change the direction of UK’s progam. And so far…Stoops has been recruiting at a higher level then UK has ever recruited before. How much will losing Neal Brown affect that???

9. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    6:22 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

I personally think its a shame we will be losing Brown, but I love the guy and wish him all the best. I don’t really know enough about X’s and O’s to say if he was great or terrible, but I really respect him and his type of offense. Thats the reason a lot of our guys chose to come here, and I hope Stoops can get someone to replace him thats just as exciting as Brown is. He is one of our own and a real asset to BBN. Hope to see him back here one day.

• Dusten
      6:36 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for speaking up.

10. Kyblue34
    6:28 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Neal Brown is a fraud! I’ve never seen so many called QB draws in my life – he even called it a couple times on the last drive when we needed a TD. Plus, he just refuses to do anything on 1st and 2nd down other than ultra-conservative plays that clearly won’t work. Unfortunately, I was at the game and UofL fans (who we know aren’t the brightest) were calling out our plays before we ran them. They were obvious! Also, several UofL fans around me started cheering for Brown! Embarrassing! Good riddance!

11. Time Expired
    7:26 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

How anyone can defend Brown after what he HASN’T done while here amazes me. His play calling was a joke much like our late coach. There has been nothing close to a so called Air Raid offense while here and he has costs us multiple wins with just moronic calls that leaves many baffled.

• UK Big Board Update
      7:44 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

So, who do you have in mind, now that he’s gone?

12. jedijames007
    7:46 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

Look. Our last drive was the typical brown offense. We needed a TD, and it was conservative play after conservative play till we finally had to throw long and it was intercepted easily. Bad play calling at the end.

13. Catsfan3
    11:40 pm November 29, 2014 Permalink

All year he reminded me of Jokers’ play calling. Some of the most predictable game plans I’ve ever seen. Just pitiful with no creativity. Hope he gets the head coaches job and if Towles can’t handle the pressure any better than he did today he won’t be the starter next year. Someone needs to work with Tiller #3 on his pass defense, he got blown away by Parker on 3 scores and wasn’t even in the same area code.

14. VinDatuk
    12:08 am November 30, 2014 Permalink

Go hire Roper from Florida. Don’t judge him based on Florida, judge him based on what he did at Duke.

15. DC Cat
    12:25 am November 30, 2014 Permalink

We turn on people faster than any fan base out there. Monday morning quarterbacks think they all have the answer and really don’t know jack. Idiots.

16. Tej
    2:41 pm November 30, 2014 Permalink

#15 is correct. We have people who are so quick to criticize coaches and players. Yesterday, for one reason or another Neal Brown went with a lot of rushing plays. Patrick was having a bad day throwing the ball-it may have been his ankle still bothered him, it may have been lack of protection, it may have been receivers not running good routes. Anyway, the OC decided throwing was not the best way to move the ball. Also, Louisville has a pretty good pass defense. Neal Brown is a good coach. He had other OC offers and now he’s going to be a head coach. I think that speaks to his abilities more than the critics here.