Nashville’s Catch-22: Tailgating vs. Broadway

tailgatevsbroadway

Even in Nashville, we’ve been spoiled with an unusually mild summer, so of course it’s going to be hot as Hades on Saturday. The forecast has the high in the low 90’s, with the humidity pushing the heat index near 100 degrees. (There is also a small chance of rain, but the local forecasters aren’t worried.) Word on the street is this is causing many of you to rethink your tailgating plans. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you with this debate. Let’s break down both options.

Patriots Titans Football

TAILGATING

PROS

— Right next to the stadium

— The biggest gathering of UK fans before the game

— There will always be someone nearby with a flatscreen hooked up to watch the other games

— You can listen to the KSR Pregame Show on WLAP via your iHeartRadio app!

— Tailgate food > Bar food (in most cases)

— Fire

— Cornhole/football/redneck golf/all the tailgating games!

— You’ll spend less on beer/food than you would at the bar

CONS

— It’s going to be really. really. hot.

— Sweat

— No air conditioning

— No live music (unless your tailgate provides that, I hear a few might…)

dsc_0133

BROADWAY

PROS

— Air conditioning

— Live music

— In some bars, more TVs to watch games

— Air conditioning

— Hot bartender at Legends

— You can use my flowcharts

— Air conditioning

CONS

— Not exactly a “game atmosphere”

— Bar tabs can get really expensive, and even the cheap beer is overpriced

— Can’t listen to Matt, Drew, Ryan, and Jared on the KSR Pregame show (unless you want to be that person in the bar wearing headphones)

— 10 minute walk to the game

— Your body won’t be conditioned to the heat after sitting in the AC all afternoon (might be stretching on this one)

CONCLUSION: Personally, nothing says college football more to me than tailgating, so I’ll be in Lot A with my folks and friends sweating and getting ready for kickoff. There’s always time for downtown afterwards. Did I convince you? It’s not too late to get a parking pass. You can buy them on-site Saturday for $20 each. Or, who’s to say you can’t tailgate AND bar hop before? Either way, it’s going to be awesome.

If you’re coming to Nashville, what are your plans for Saturday?

15 Comments for Nashville’s Catch-22: Tailgating vs. Broadway

1. Dick Johnson
    2:07 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Vanderbilt always has conferences going on. Get some name tags and pretend you are Slovenian from Slovakia with very poor English
    Lots of free food and sometimes free alcohol

2. Rockfield, KY
    2:18 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

My plans are to buy Kristen Geil a lot of Fireball shots

3. cracka
    2:19 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

i’ll be hosting a cookout at my house in lex, cannot wait … playing basketball with some guys in the morning, then picking up a ton of bbq pork and brisket and heading home for some cornhole, drinking, football and the air conditioning … let’s get this dubya!

4. Gabe
    2:31 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

After living in downtown nashville for almost the last year i would recommend you all to go tailgate at the stadium. The cheapest beer will be at big shots but its definitely not an exciting pregame experience. At other places you are looking at $4.25-7 for domestic beers and $9+ for food.

5. JB95Jeep
    2:32 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Tailgating in Lot A at LP Field with Big Blue Nation. It seems like the place to be before the game.

6. brain
    2:37 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Seems pretty simple to me. you can go to Broadway any time. You can’t tailgate in Nashville at this stadium ever unless we make a bowl.

7. Worms
    2:43 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Just going with the Flow in NashVegas…Probably do a lot of tailgating and bar hopping and passing out drunk in random places (hopefully after we beat the tar out of Western)! Then someone will hopefully place me in a taxi and send me back to my hotel where the concierge can unload me and place me in the elevator….So if you see someone sleeping drunk in an elevator that is probably me. Please drag me out on my floor and atleast get me to my room. Thanks in advance and have fun BBN!!!!

8. For Real?
    2:56 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

I am an alum of Western Kentucky U who currently lives in Nashville with a lot of my college friends. I’m a UK fan and have been since I was a child, but my friends will be sporting the WKU gear. We will all be in Lot A tailgating and sweating it out with the BBN, so if you see an SUV surrounded by people in Red and one or two blue shirts feel free to come by and give my WKU friends trouble!

9. wes78
    3:05 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

The biggest PRO that was left off of the lists is: partying with Mrs. TT. Wherever she is, will be the best place to be! 🙂

10. Will
    3:28 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Will there be anyone else in Lot A? Would love to see the whole KSR crew!

11. GoBlue
    3:48 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know the rules about tailgate tents in the parking lot? The stadium website says you have to have a special permit, but doesn’t say anything about how to get one. I’m wondering if that’s just for Titans games…

12. TheBigConderosa
    4:37 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

My UL friend and WKU Alum wants to know if they are serving beer at the game… he said its a make or break on him attending

13. Hootie
    4:45 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

My plans? Total world domination in Lot B!

14. Bullconrad
    5:03 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

Yes she is a HOT and nice bartender at Legends. You better hope she wears the UK corset.

15. city of the suck
    8:30 pm August 29, 2013 Permalink

ain’t no city worse than nashville. i’d soon jab 2 toothpicks in the center of my eyes than ever go back.

20,000 people 30+ who think they are still 18…. oh yea and the food is terrible, city is dirty.. god bless its awful.