More JoJo Kemp and Jason Hatcher coming soon…

JoJo looked like the best athlete on the field for UK during his limited appearances.
kemp

After leading Kentucky in rushing for a second consecutive week, JoJo Kemp deserves more touches within the UK offense. And more touches are coming.

Mark Stoops said in his postgame press conference that Kemp will see more playing time going forward. The true freshman carried the ball five times for a team-high 80 yards, averaging 16 per carry, today in the loss. The 80-yard performance is the best of Kemp’s young college career, surpassing his 78 yards on the ground last week against Miami.

Stoops also said they plan to use Jason Hatcher, another true freshman, a lot more on the defensive side of the ball. UK went with a 3-4 look defensively through much of the game with Hatcher at outside linebacker. Stoops said that look was to give Louisville something it hadn’t seen on tape and to get Hatcher out on the field.

We knew it wouldn’t take long for the new guys to take over, and they’re not letting us down.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for More JoJo Kemp and Jason Hatcher coming soon…

1. Mr.Scheme
    4:00 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

Still no better than last year.

2. grumpycat
    4:07 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

They are much better than last year.

3. Steve
    4:07 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

People have to realize that this is going to take some time. In Nick Saban’s first season at Alabama they only went 7-6.

4. ChroniclesofAndreRiddick
    4:09 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

Years ago, I developed a theory that basically says there is a point when comparing things becomes pointless. For example, what’s the point in debating who’s hotter amongst Hollywood celebrities? Since beauty is ultimately a subjective matter, debating it is futile. The same for pain tolerance, “best” highlights, etc. with that being said, the first comment to this article is the dumbest thing ever written.

5. Strong
    4:09 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

Suck it Hatcher. You will be 0-4 against uofl.

6. explorer
    4:10 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

Mr. Scheme your an idiot if you can’t see we are much better than last year and have much more upside potential with the new guys.

7. Are You Serious Clark (Mr Scheme)
    4:10 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

No better than last year???? Teddy played all 4 quarters. We were in the game until late. They played 16 returning players we played about 16 freshman/juco/redshirt freshman….. give me a freakin brake

8. Big Blue Lou
    4:19 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

I though that we played very good in the first half! we left 14 points on the field and were still in the game! are D play very good today and they just got tired to many 3 and outs I am very happy with are young guys can,t wate until next season when we have more play makers to match other teams but I,m very proud the way are team these year the just keep on playing hard last years team would just give up! not to say anything bad about Ul but if I was a Ul fan I would not be happy with my team today because if wasn,t for two bad turnovers by Uk we would been able to have won this game and I,m not saying that in a mean way at all because Ul has a good team just maybe a little over ranked!!!

9. stonecats
    4:36 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

I’m very encouraged about the future of UK football. Very well coached, great effort, just need to get more depth and cut down on the mistakes. The D was very impressive. Jo Jo is going to be a legend (yes I am aware I used the word legend) and I have no doubt that if Stoops stays, UK is on the right track. We may not win a game in the SEC this year but I guarantee we will be more competitive and the future looks very bright.

10. Big Blue Lou
    4:37 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

And for #5 comment I will take that bet with you anyday!!!!! of the week!!! whats up with quick???

11. Garmaster
    9:04 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

4. You didn’t “develop a theory” unless it was scientifically tested over and over and over. I think what you did was “have a hypothesis”.

12. Garmaster
    9:05 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

Shout out to Dr. Krupa

13. ChroniclesofAndreRiddick
    3:56 am September 15, 2013 Permalink

(Clicks on micorcassette recorder)
    “New hypothesis. Garmaster doesn’t understand the concept of sarcasm. Initial test results seem to strongly support the aforementioned hypothesis. Commencing phase two of clinical trials.”