Missouri opens as the favorite over Kentucky

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

UK Athletics

For reasons I do not understand, Vegas has started Missouri as a 4 1/2 point favorite over Kentucky on Saturday.

But seriously, why?

Missouri is 2-5 and dead last in the SEC East, while we’re sitting at 4-3 and in second place of the SEC East. The Tigers also lost – at home – to Middle Tennessee State.

Granted, we did lose at home to Southern Mississippi, but that was the first game of the season and this is not the same team they were on September 3rd.

I’m going to say it’s because we’re playing at Missouri and that Vegas hasn’t just bought into us yet. By kickoff yesterday, what started out as a 3-point spread favoring Mississippi State was bet up to 6 1/2.

Oh well. Let’s prove ’em wrong, Cats. I love the motivation of our guys and they’ll be coming in hot to Columbia off of last night’s win.

For the rest of the upcoming week’s odd, click here.

Article written by Haley Simpson

I'm from Bullitt County but I'm not a 6'9 power forward with a solid outside shot. Follow me on Twitter: @haleysimpKSR

11 Comments for Missouri opens as the favorite over Kentucky

1. nadroj
    8:06 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

We still haven’t won a game on the road. +4.5 sounds about right to me. Still, go Cats!

2. onsides
    8:22 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

That’s fine. KY will beat Missouri. When the goal of a football team is to go .500, that’s a pretty low bar. Now if KY can beat Georgia too, that would be much better.

3. memphis wildcat
    8:32 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

FWIW….FPI still has UK dead last in SEC. Mizzou still about 25 spots above UK. Chip on the shoulder time…

4. ukkatzfan
    8:56 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

Is there a KSR code for the site?

5. UKPROF
    9:38 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

First of all, we are on the road, second, being the underdog is good. If we want respect, we have to earn it, & earn it on the road! I feel like Vegas has it right, for now. If we leave town with a victory in our pocket, THEN we can poke fun at the odds makers in Vegas. GO CATS, GO EARN IT!

6. The Real Billy Hill
    9:51 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

If we beat Missouri, I’m going to beat my meat.

7. The Frizz
    11:41 pm October 23, 2016 Permalink

The ESPN FPI Index gave us about a 40% chance to win each of the last two games. We won both, but both could have gone the other way because of our mistakes. Take away Boom’s fumble against Vandy and Johnson’s second fumble against Mississippi State, both returned for touchdowns, and we win those games a lot easier. If we improve our execution on both sides of the ball, perhaps we will earn more respect. Until then, keep plugging. Go Cats! Beat Missouri!

8. Kevin C
    1:16 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I don’t see the problem here. I won’t be surprised if Mizz shows up and plays lights out against us, because….well, they’ve done it before.

9. ky1988
    7:30 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

I see cats by 14+ if Johnson doesn’t fumble. Boom and Snell should have 100 rushing after watching Missouri Saturday.

10. jagar24
    10:14 am October 24, 2016 Permalink

Maybe because under Stoops Kentucky is 1-14 on the road? Kentucky football has been atrocious on the road. Until they show something else they won’t be favored in any road game.