Mississippi sportswriter says Troy is a better team than Kentucky

sm-tweet

Patrick Magee covers Southern Miss football for Biloxi’s The Sun-Herald and in his latest column he writes that Neal Brown’s Troy team is better than Mark Stoops’ team in Lexington. That’s part of his emphasis on the upcoming game between Troy and the Golden Eagles in Hattiesburg.

Magee writes, “The Troy football team that USM (2-0) hosts at 6 p.m. on Saturday is likely one of the three best opponents that will walk into Roberts Stadium this season. The other two are Marshall and Louisiana Tech.”

He also says, “USM needed Kentucky to go on and have a respectable season to prop up its strength of schedule, but that now appears unlikely. This makes the game against Troy all the more important.”

Read more, including a brief analysis of Drew Barker and the Florida game, in Magee’s Troy preview here.

As sad as it is to admit, we can’t say Magee is wrong. Troy only lost by six at No. 2 Clemson over the weekend, while Kentucky can’t seem to do anything right on either side of the ball.

I can’t believe this is even a discussion in Year 4 of the Stoops era.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Mississippi sportswriter says Troy is a better team than Kentucky

1. secrick
    4:37 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Drew Your starting to piss me off. lol

2. theWilkman
    4:46 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

I can’t disagree. Can you imagine how badly we’d get beat AT Clemson?

• Mr. Smartypants
      4:49 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

We’ll probably get a pretty good idea October 1st. Ground and Pound: Ground and Pound.

3. 3 fan
    4:47 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Has anyone asked Mitch to do a press conference yet?

4. footblue
    4:55 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

I think it is true. UK has better players than both schools but they have better teams. Time for Neal to come home.

• stoopstroops
      5:16 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Even though I like Neal a great deal he is not the answer. Best case scenario for UK is if a good coach from another conference wants to try to coach in the SEC. If not then we are back to mid major coaches or DC/OC.

5. Kevin C
    5:18 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Well no sh*t.

6. cats paw
    6:01 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

maybe we could get Louisvilles AD to hire us a coach since he’s been able to hire coach after coach that consistantli

• cats paw
      6:03 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

….that consistently stays in the top 20!! if no good coach will come to UK how do they manage to hire one after another??

• UK Big Board Update
      6:06 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

I’m confused; you want to lose your coaches and AD’s to UK?

• Billy Hill
      6:21 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Hey cats paw, do you have twitter or Facebook so I can call you a coward to your face?

• runningunnin.454
      6:44 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

I saw an earlier post where cats paw claims UL’s basketball team is going to be in the Top Ten.
      In the ACC….ha ha ha ha….when pigs fly.

• KYcats11
      8:34 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

There’s the Billy Hill I know^^^^^^^^
      ^^^^^^^^

• Billy Hill
      9:44 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, I had some little pathetic troll using my name. I figured I’d let her ride it out. Happens after a loss – the retards come flowing.

She is an idiot if she thought she was fooling anyone.

7. cdc_uky
    6:11 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

Please post about anything other that football.

8. KYcats11
    8:44 pm September 13, 2016 Permalink

There is no way troy is better than kentucky. It’s what’s happens every week, a power 5 confrence team does not take a lower level conference team seriously, and has no motivation to give it all they got. While the lower level team is trying their butts off, and playing like it’s their superbowl. No disrespect for troy, I respect near brown and what he’s got going there but that’s just the facts. I think that’s what happened against southern miss in the second half, kentucky thought they should win because they were the better team, then it finally occurred to Southern Miss that they weren’t going to get another chance against an sec, and they started giving it all they had. I think the loss to Florida was just a result of the demoralization we felt after week 1.