Michigan TE Recruit Speaks to Marrow, Thinks He is Headed to Michigan

vincemarrow

There has been good news and bad news regarding Vince Marrow’s upcoming decision as to his future. Chalk this up on the “bad news” column. Michigan TE recruit Chris Clark says he has spoken to Vince Marrow today and he thinks he is headed to Michigan. In an interview with a Michigan newspaper, here is what he said:

Clark told MLive he spoke with Marrow over Twitter direct message on Sunday, the first time he’s really ever talked with him, as he’s not interested in going to Kentucky. And while Marrow didn’t directly mention Michigan, Clark said he left the conversation more or less convinced that Marrow is leaning toward taking a job in Ann Arbor.

“It’s not officially done, but it sounded like he’s going there, he said it was a great school, but he was sort of talking about it generally — he really didn’t mention Michigan specifically,” Clark said. “He didn’t really (talk about Kentucky either, though), we sort of talked about how he could really help me in terms of coaching, help get me ready for the next level.

“But if I had to say, was the conversation leaning more toward Michigan? Yeah, I’d have to say that. Because, Kentucky, I’m not really looking at Kentucky. … I think he’s going to end up (at Michigan), if I had to guess.”

Well that’s not good news…the drama continues

Article written by Matt Jones

13 Comments for Michigan TE Recruit Speaks to Marrow, Thinks He is Headed to Michigan

1. urincatland
    2:18 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

I think he’s gone, otherwise he would release a statement saying “I’m saying at Kentucky”… Unless, he’s negotiating for more money…

2. urincatland
    2:20 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

I think he’s gone, otherwise he would release a statement saying “I’m staying at Kentucky”… Unless, he’s negotiating for more money…

3. UK96Champs
    2:27 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

I think Vince is VERY loyal to Stoops. I say he stays.

4. FakeLarryDavid
    2:29 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

Justin Rowland says that kid is kind’ve a drama queen and that he reached out to Marrow not Marrow reaching out to him.

5. DC_CatFan
    2:31 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

Just pay the man double whatever Michigan is offering. I think he is irreplaceable when it comes to recruiting.

6. Ken Grizzle
    2:41 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

I hope Coach Marrow stays with the Cats. He is a asset not only as a recruiter and coach but he seems to be an even better person. If he goes I wish him nothing but the best and he leaves knowing that he he will always be appreciated for what he brought to the University and program.

7. keiths
    2:41 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

Im about tired of hearing about all this crap. If he doesn’t have anymore loyalty to his supposed good friend mark stoops, hell with him. let him go. He got his first and only asst. coaching job because of stoops.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:57 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, the UK football program doesn’t need him, anyway, as history has shown! Huzzah!

SMH…..

8. wildcat502
    2:45 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

I`m not sure what Marrow`s decision will be, since no one “in the know” does either. But if he does leave, who would we hire in his place, that has Ohio ties?? There are several recruits who may look elsewhere if he leaves, although it is late in the recruiting process, for 2015. But we have to think about the 2016 kids that Marrow was recruiting.
    I think Marrow is worth a raise, with his recruiting, but how much would be too much? He is a position coach, not a coordinator, so he doesnt deserve more money than them. Michigan would be easier to sell to recruits, than Kentucky and Marrow maybe able to build his name quicker being there, than here, simply by the rankings of kids he could bring in there. Plus, isnt Michigan closer to Youngstown?

9. HanOfTheBluegrass
    3:04 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

Ugh, I hope he’s not being Michigan-friendly while talking to recruits and still on our payroll.

10. blubo
    3:50 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

kinda looks like he’s just trying to keep a lid on it until the appointed time for the dreaded press conference. maybe not hope not

11. Billy Mays Here
    8:08 pm January 4, 2015 Permalink

I think the reality of the situation is that if Marrow wanted to be here, he would have already said so. He wouldn’t be giving a definitive date of Monday to announce he’s staying, he would’ve simply issued a statement several days ago. IF UK countered with a comparable offer, it appears that his speak of friendship and loyalty to Coach Stoops, as well as love of the BBN, was a tad politician-esque enthusiasm with little behind it in the way of character and substance.

12. satcheluk
    1:56 pm January 5, 2015 Permalink

Be careful whose tea leaves you read. Clearly this kid din’t have a clue.