Miami will be very bright on Saturday

miamioh1 (1)

Miami may be a big underdog on Saturday, but at least they’ll be bright. Check out Miami’s new uniforms (by adidas), which they debuted against Marshall last week. It turns out that 70 out of 126 D-1 football teams are wearing new uniforms this year, which is almost as ridiculous as this helmet:

miamiohhelmet2

One side note from Saturday: the last question Mark Stoops was asked after the game may have been the worst postgame presser question in history. A reporter (I didn’t see who) asked him what he thought of Western’s chrome helmets. Stoops response wasn’t exactly stellar considering the situation:

“I liked ‘em. I told one of their players during the pregame warm-up. I said, ‘Are those new? I like those.’ They looked good.”

If it were me, I would have said “Who cares about the helmets, I’m more worried about the piss-poor play on the field,” but whatever. For those of you itching for new unis with fresh chrome domes next season, maybe you’re in luck.

12 Comments for Miami will be very bright on Saturday

1. Musehobo
    2:10 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

I kinda like those unis. The loud helmet might be too much if the uni was flashy as well. But I like how they look together.

2. Kentucky's stupid media
    2:16 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

Gotta be Tipton or cutler.

3. Duuuuuude
    2:18 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

We are gradually closing the uni gap between football players and clowns.

4. tltaworl
    2:19 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

The chrome helmets would be a mistake. It would allow our players to see how frighted they are when trying to tackle somebody.

5. Geese
    2:19 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

Who gives a shite what Stoops’ response woulda/coulda/shoulda been about WKU’s helmets? Grief. Slow day?

6. jpg
    2:23 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

I like most of our uniform options that I have seen to date, but I have to say that I really do not like the chrome helmet trend. They look horrible! Let others rep that look.

7. nice
    2:29 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

I’m not going to lie, those are pretty badass. Wish UK could get pretty cool looking uniforms like this.

8. CatsFan12
    2:36 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

BAMA’s uniforms are about as plan as they come and compete for National Championships in them. I could care less what our uniforms look like as long as the athletes in them are performing and competitive. If UK was had the same uniforms as BAMA, but in blue I would be happy as long as we were competing. I do understand we are UK and we are trying to give ourselves an edge since we have no tradition in football. Go CATS and Support Stoops Troops!

9. asdf
    2:43 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

I’ve never bought a game ticket to look at the friggin’ uniforms.

10. Colby
    3:30 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

at least he is honest and open about things.

11. Grumpy Old Man
    5:09 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

Back in my day, we played with a leather helmet, or nothing at all if you weren’t a sissy. After each play, we picked up our teeth that were knocked out and put them in a pocket in our pants, found the parts of our ears that were bitten off, and pushed our eyeballs back in our sockets after they were gouged out. We didn’t have fancy helmets or protective gear, and WE LIKED IT. WE LOVED IT!

12. the pix
    10:31 pm September 3, 2013 Permalink

==== if they were blue and had cats on’ em …….. you’d whiz your pants for ’em …….. ====