Melvin Lewis really wanted to play tonight

melvin-lewis

Senior defensive lineman Melvin Lewis is out with a fractured fibula and tonight was his first time watching his team from home. He made it until around halftime before tweeting how bad he wanted to play.

Matt Elam filled in for Lewis on Kentucky’s D-line. It was not a good night for Elam in his first start, which only made the absence of Lewis hurt worse.

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Melvin Lewis really wanted to play tonight

1. Mattjonesisasellout
    11:49 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

No you didn’t!

• leon singleton
      11:56 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

Elam did fine.

• Blah
      11:59 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

That fat ass did horrible. When the announcers said, before the first series, that he can play a complete game, because he’s fat and out of shape, you know you got problems.

2. Melon Lewis
    11:50 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

What can I say? I really wanted to play. Everyone else was getting their face rubbed in the dirt. I thought I was missing out on something. That dirt must have been tasty!

3. UK Fan From Florida
    11:51 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

He probably would’ve moved faster on his crutches than Elam out there

• You
      11:54 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

You see ever see a really big guy? Then he loses a lot of weight and he looks kinda scrawny? Then you realize he wasn’t really big/ strong, that he was just a Fat as$

• Uk Fan From Florida
      12:06 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

Elam would have 10 sacks per game if they would allow us to put Twinkies on the opposing QB’s jerseys!!!

4. Priceless
    11:53 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

Dang it fan from FL, you beat me to that line. I will say Elam will never have a good night, well unless there is a 24 hour buffet somewhere.

5. Matt Elam
    11:55 pm October 24, 2015 Permalink

I would play better if Stoops would let me eat while not in the game. Tried to sneak a candy bar down my hammock and I got busted.

6. UK Fan From Florida
    12:07 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

Elam would have 10 sacks per game if the opposing team would only allow us to put packets of Twinkies on their QB’s Jerseys

7. Beast
    12:13 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

the only tackle Elam would make is if the opposing running back ran straight into him

8. BallEater
    12:19 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

Too bad he didn’t go to Alabama…he could have set on the bench with his friend Damion Harris from Richmond. you know….the one that sucked about 50 basketball tickets out of UK even though he knew he was not coming..

9. Sp
    9:50 am October 25, 2015 Permalink

We made such a big deal about Elam too. He’s never going to play unless he has too. He sticks out like a sore thumb out there so it’s hard to miss him being blown off the ball over and over by a guy 75lbs lighter. I think everyone had that big ole fat guy on their team that was so weak he couldn’t beat anyone. That’s Elam. Five Stars my behind.

10. BAdams
    12:52 pm October 25, 2015 Permalink

Elam takes up a lot of space but thats about it. He’s way to slow and at his size, he should be running through people. Saban is probably he glad he missed out on him. He has a lot of work to do the next two years if he wants to be in the NFL.