Max Duffy is the best punter in college football, we know this. He won the 2019 Ray Guy Award – presented annually to the nation’s top punter – back in December to prove as much.
With Duffy’s status as the greatest punter to ever punt confirmed, it should come as no surprise that the 27-year-old special teams star was named a preseason All-American by ESPN for the 2020 college football season.
Officially announced this morning, Duffy made the list of top special teams standouts as a preseason All-American punter.
P: Max Duffy, Kentucky
The Ray Guy Award winner a year ago as the top punter in college football, Duffy returns for his junior season. The Perth, Australia, native led the country last season with a 48.1-yard average. Only 11 of Duffy’s 49 punts were returned, and 24 were downed inside the 20-yard line. He had 22 punts of 50-plus yards and, as a bonus, also has three career tackles.
Here is the entire list of preseason All-Americans:
- QB: Trevor Lawrence (Clemson)
- RB: Travis Etienne (Clemson)
- RB: Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State)
- WR: DeVonta Smith (Alabama)
- WR: Tutu Atwell (Louisville)
- TE: Charlie Kolar (Iowa State)
- OT: Alex Leatherwood (Alabama)
- OG: Trey Smith (Tennessee)
- C: Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma)
- OG: Deonte Brown (Alabama)
- OT: Samuel Cosmi (Texas)
- AP: Jaylen Waddle (Alabama)
- DE: Quincy Roche (Miami)
- DT: Marvin Wilson (Florida State)
- DT: Darius Stills (West Virginia)
- DE: Chris Rumph II (Duke)
- LB: Dylan Moses (Alabama)
- LB: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame)
- LB: Jabril Cox (LSU)
- S: Trevon Moehrig (TCU)
- S: Richard LeCounte (Georgia)
- CB: Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU)
- CB: Patrick Surtain II (Alabama)
- PK: Nick Sciba (Wake Forest)
- P: Max Duffy (Kentucky)
- KR: Joshua Youngblood (Kansas State)