Mark Stoops thanked the CWS construction workers with lunch today

Construction crews are frantically trying to finish the work on Commonwealth Stadium before September 5th’s opener, but today, they stopped for a brief break to enjoy a nice lunch courtesy of Mark Stoops and the UK football program. Stoops, who you can see on that ramp up there, stopped by to thank the crew for their hard work and maybe give them a pep talk as they enter the final stretch.

Enjoy the pics, via @UKAthletics.

Now get back to work. Seriously.

11 Comments for Mark Stoops thanked the CWS construction workers with lunch today

1. Hacksaw774
    1:07 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

Anyone know exactly what the lunch was?

2. android guy
    1:14 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

Spinach salad so they will have Popeye powers to get the stadium done on time.

3. cats42301
    1:27 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

I wish KSR would start a movement to name the new field after Rich Brooks. The man took us to 4 bowl games in 7 years, beat #1 LSU etc. He also did this while we had reduced scholarships his first couple of years to probation. I know C.M.’s name is currently on the field but let’s face it he was a basketball first A.D. UK can surely find somewhere to move his name that would be more suitable say to Memorial Coliseum’s floor or something?Anyone else for Rich Brooks field @ Commonwealth Stadium?

• memphis
      1:39 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

The only reason the field was named after CM Newton was because Larry Ivy wanted to give his buddy a going away present.

Not sure if I’m fully on board with naming it after Rich Brooks. I see the point you’re trying to make. He steered the ship through some of our roughest waters and made people take notice of the program but it was still mediocre by most other schools’ standards. Joker killed the program but I’m not convinced that Papa Brooks didn’t see the writing on the wall based on the talent he had coming in and decide to retire while he was still in the good graces of the fan base. He’ll be in the UK Hall of Fame within the next couple of years and I’d be in favor of putting his name in the ring of honor at some point.

4. doc
    1:42 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

Any truth to the rumor the lunch ended like this?

5. wildcat mafia
    1:45 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

I respect Rich Brooks but naming the fields after him just not going to happen…… Name the field after all the fans that kept showing up watching pathetic football for any years…

• SoundsSilly
      2:06 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

All the Fans That Kept Showing Up Watching Pathetic Football for Any Years is quite a name. And I think it should be Many Years, but that’s just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Gonna be fun to hear announcers say that!

• ATFTKSUWPFFMY
      2:15 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

ATFTKSUWPFFMY doesn’t look good. Oregon already named their stadium after Brooks.

• CPACAT
      2:37 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

But Losawaf Field could be the answer!

LOyal Supporters Annually Watching Awful Football

6. ClutchCargo
    2:46 pm July 30, 2015 Permalink

Hopefully Erik Korem trained them up so they can finish strong.