Mark Stoops says Kash Daniel will play vs. Mississippi State

This morning, a video made the rounds showing a different angle of the incident from the Florida game in which it appears Kash Daniel twists Gators quarterback Kyle Trask’s ankle before he gets up from a dog pile. After practice today, Mark Stoops told reporters that he’s discussed the incident with the SEC and Kash will play vs. Mississippi State on Saturday.

“I addressed those issues with the league office,” Stoops said. “He’ll be out there Saturday.”

Stoops added that he’s spoken with Kash privately, but is keeping that discussion between them.

“In general, nobody’s going to intentionally hurt anybody though,” he said. “It’s not going to happen on our team.”

Last night (before the new video surfaced), Kash vehemently denied the allegations to reporters, claiming he was trying to free his left hand from the pile, the same one he injured and had surgically repaired last year.

“Do I talk a lot of crap? Absolutely. Do I bump a dude here and there to get underneath his skin and talk while I’m doing it? Absolutely. That’s part of my game and what I do. But am I out there to deliberately hurt somebody? Absolutely not, I’ve kept my mouth shut about it I’ve been biting my tongue as long as I can because that’s actually something that I actually hold close to me. I’m a victim of a dirty play and if you don’t believe me I’ve got a plate and seven screws in my right ankle to prove that. I’ve got a scar running halfway down my leg.

So I’m not out there to hurt anybody. My hand that I had surgery on — this one got stepped on as it was going down — this surgically repaired hand has two screws in it and if enough weight’s on it, still hurts like a you know what. My hand’s caught underneath here, instantly gets stepped on. I’m trying to move s— around, I pull my hand out of there last second because I just pulled it out, there was — I got it stuck underneath a lineman’s leg with all that weight on it. Then I pulled it free from that, kept moving stuff, kept hitting legs and stuff and finally it came through. Maybe he felt something weird, I don’t know, but I’m not out there to twist nobody’s ankle or hurt nobody. End of story.”

80 Comments for Mark Stoops says Kash Daniel will play vs. Mississippi State

1. bennybbn
    5:40 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I’m surprised honestly

2. TonyMontana
    5:45 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I got his back, but I cant defend what I saw.

3. season-3-disc-2
    5:48 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Clearly he tried to twist his ankle…it was a dirty play. Super embarrassing to watch a UK player play that way. He should be suspended.

• 4everUKblue
      5:54 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I wish you were suspended from this site.

• Carcrook
      6:12 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Dude, Kash should have to sit out. Regardless what is said he blatantly tried to hurt their QB.

• season-3-disc-2
      6:18 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Why should I be suspended for simply stating FACTS. I am sorry my opinion is not the exact same as yours.

• catsarerunnin
      8:46 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

You reek.

• 4everUKblue
      6:38 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

It’s not you opinion, it’s you regular negative comments.

• JPhelps
      7:46 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He’s right though. That was cringeworthy. And to stand up on a podium and lie about it, we’d be calling for another team player’s head over it.

• mashburnfan1
      8:44 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Remember Urban Liar and how we {myself right up there} bashed him and he deserved it. Same goes for this. No excuse for what Kash did and even less for telling a lie in front of everyone. Disappointed in both and he should sit, not what we want from our program, team, players. Had he owned up to it, said it was a heat of the battle situation etc. I would say otherwise but to flat out lie, not what we need here. You just lost my respect Kash, own up and make it right. Send an apology to that player and team and issue one to your fans. Mistakes happen, it was a bad decision but the lie was a choice. A man is only as good as your word, right now Kash is D2 and should not be looked upon as our leader.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Just curious; did Turan Rush send an apology to Terry Wilson and UK for the illegal tackle that ended Terry’s season. I must have missed it.

4. EastKYCAT
    6:00 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He shouldn’t be suspended, but the actions that were made was and is appropriate. Refs are going to be having a watchful eye on Kash, but he will play with good intensity, He just needs to be a more disciplined player for his teammates.

• Carcrook
      6:14 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

“More Disciplined”? Hell, he’s a Sr. He knew exactly what he was doing.

• season-3-disc-2
      6:16 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Really??? You don’t think a player who intentionally tries to hurt another player shouldn’t be suspended??? That tells me everything I need to know about the person you are. He most definitely should be suspended for multiple games.

• EastKYCAT
      7:19 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Just because you are a Seniot, doesn’t make you more disciplined. I played with a guy in High School that jumped offside multiple times a game. Nothing was said due to the fact he was a good player. Senior doesn’t make more disciplined, just makes you older. Kash in that game against Florida showed no discipline at all.

5. katmandue2you
    6:13 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

That video in no way “proves” that he tried to twist his ankle. He held on to his foot or leg then roughly let go of it. In no way does it establish that he twisted or tried to twist his foot or leg

• J. Did
      6:39 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I concur.

• shelby3605
      6:57 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Katmandue u haven’t seen the 2nd video that came out. Kash is holding the qb’s foot and pretty violently twisting it.

• cats646
      7:22 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I’ve seen both videos. He didn’t twist it much if at all.

• timbo
      7:34 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Clearly you’ve never played football. No reason for hands to be there and it’s indefensible and inexcusable.

• RAGE
      10:11 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Agreed Timbo… If he played for Florida and not UK everybody would be screaming for a suspension and more… Kash should just hush and play..

• makeitstop
      9:24 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He pulled the leg to get his hand out. There’s hundreds of pounds of weight in that dog pile. If Kash wanted to hurt him, he’s hurt.

6. tomas3us
    6:15 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Seriously? Some of y’all need to take your blue goggles off. I’m blue through and through but call it like it is

7. TomKat9698
    6:17 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

A lot of stuff goes on in pileups! He just happened to get caught. End of story and moving on to next game.

• BluKudzu
      6:29 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I wish he would just let his play on the field do the talking. I like Kash Daniels, and I am glad he is here. I understand his explanation, and I get the concern from the video.

I will tell you this, if he wanted to hurt that dude, he would have. Too bad that image is ingrained on people’s mind that were not on the field, to understand, completely, the situation.

Go Cats. Go Kash.

• J. Did
      6:40 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

BluKudzu: I concur.

8. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    6:47 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

The comments from the jock sniffers who defend this are funny. Imagine what the same people would say if it were a UT or UofL player who did this to one off our players.

• cats646
      7:24 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I would say the same thing. It happens in every dog pile. Who gives a sh!t? It’s football.

• runningunnin.454
      7:35 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I know there are a lot of Florida fans claiming that UK has always played “dirty”. That seems to be a lot of righteous indignation from a fan base of a team that has given the world one convicted murderer, Aaron Hernandez, and another, Tony Joiner, that has been accused of murder in just the last three months.

9. tomas3us
    6:52 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Exactly Hot Stuff

10. BLUEsky
    6:54 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I do not condone dirty play on the field by any player or team. This being said, why isn’t the video of the Florida player who almost took Sawyer’s head off being circulated? Am I the only one that saw that? From the upper deck? The ref sure didn’t (wink wink) because it wasn’t called.

11. bbn606
    6:55 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

If he was trying to twist an ankle, it was a poor effort like the rest of the 4th quarter. On the other hand, we finally have a linebacker that acts like a linebacker.

12. Battle4TheBluegrass
    6:56 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

As a fellow #606 guy, I am a huge Kash supporter. However, I can not defend his actions on that play. With that said though, if anyone believes that type of stuff doesn’t happen almost every play then you obviously haven’t played much football

13. jetatl
    7:09 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He needs to be suspended. We had them beat. Karma came back to bite us in the ass.

14. abobicesaevior
    7:10 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I looked more like an annoyed tug than an attempt to harm. If he really wanted to injure the guy, he likely could’ve done it. No big deal.

• CatsfaninFL
      7:24 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Exactly. Kash has massive arms. If he wanted that dude hurt, he’d be on the sideline like QB1. Instead he popped right up and continued to walk it down the field on us. It doesn’t look good, but I firmly believe if Kash wanted him hurt, he would be out.

15. abobicesaevior
    7:18 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

*It

16. brassnux66
    7:19 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

This is the same Kyle Crask who intentionally lowered his head to draw a targeting call. He should have been ejected instead of Carter. No empathy.

17. cats646
    7:26 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Hell yes!! Go whip their ass Kash!!

18. ohiokatfan
    7:35 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Love Kentucky but not a fan of Kash. Idiots like him belong on Louisville’s roster, not ours.

• abobicesaevior
      8:03 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

You’re silly

• makeitstop
      9:14 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He’s a great kid w a great attitude and u know nothing about football. Go stick screws in ur wrist and tell me what that feels like. Jackass.

19. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    7:36 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Honestly, probably just roid rage kicking in.

• KYjellyRoll
      8:19 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Lol

• runningunnin.454
      8:27 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Coach Stoops will take care of the culture at UK; can’t have players twisting ankles, no doubt, SMH. Dan Mullen would do well to control the culture in Gainesville, 5 players accused of violence against women in the last year. There’s your roid rage.

20. bhoop33
    8:22 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

You can see his arm tied up in the video, but to act like that’s concrete evidence is just taking it too far. If he did in fact twist the guy’s ankle, then absolutely, he deserves to be suspended. I’m not defending that. But you can’t watch that video and say with clarity that’s what happened. And yes, I’ve seen every angle multiple times.

• kjd
      8:34 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Finally, some sanity.

21. Racerr11
    8:28 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

You people act like he did something terrible, that happens all the time in football has for years.

22. ky1988
    8:32 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

No reason he should not. It’s embarrassment of how the Kentucky media is doing him.the Kentucky media who first showed it should be banned from Kroger field

23. sammysunshine
    8:48 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I personally wish they would have suspended him. There are way more talented backers on the roster who are aren’t getting the appropriate amount of PT due to the popularity contest with him.

24. makeitstop
    9:09 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He did not twist his ankle, he did exactly what he said he did: he yanked his hand out from under a pile. I want just one of these idiots like season3 to hv screws put in their wrist and put 500 pounds on it then sit graciously while his friends dismount in a leisurely fashion. I’ve practiced law a long damn time and let me tell u this, no one would take this case bc the kids alibi checks out. He told us what happened and the video confirms it. U don’t believe it? U drill a hole in ur hand, put a screw in, back a car over it and tell me what u would do to get ur hand out. What a bunch of idiots.

25. BluKudzu
    9:23 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Until you play the game at this level with the pain that man does every, stinking game, do not throw a stone.

99.999999999% of those condemning this young man have no stinking clue of the sacrifice and the pride he takes to that field.

He is doing what you, in your wildest dreams, could never do.

You either support our kids or find another team if the occurance on the field makes it hard for you to sleep at night.

Football is not for the weak. It is brutal and it is brutal in every aspect. Not just on Saturdays for 3 hours while you watch sitting in the stands or in front of your TV. It is every dang day.

These guys are giving their all for you. Then you have the freaking gall to judge them because your feelings got hurt?

I do not know a word other than pathetic for those that are critical of anything these guys do in a game based on violent ground acquisition by force of will.

Kash is one of us. He is Kentucky. He is what you should be proud of.

Otherwise, grab a bowl of Ice cream and go watch a soap opera or cartoons.

• makeitstop
      9:28 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

I’m more angry ready the asinine criticism of Kash than I was w the officiating. I’m 100% w u.

26. MassConfusion
    9:24 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

He’s a Thug! Plain and simple.

27. BigBertha
    9:38 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Y’all can’t act like when he gets in people faces before the games is okay and this is a big issue. I think both are an issue to be honest…that’s just me.

• makeitstop
      9:42 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Good point. Next game we should take tea and biscuits out to them.

28. BigBertha
    10:06 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

You can take what you want to take…idgaf. This is no different from Grayson Allen tripping people left and right. He needs to sit out on Saturday. He won’t, but that doesn’t change his behavior.

• makeitstop
      10:20 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Except that tripping is a foul and getting ur arm out of a pile is not. Otherwise good point. Totally inapposite. But good point.

• makeitstop
      10:22 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

Bertha, did u play?

• BluKudzu
      3:29 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I must say basketball fans are not exactly an authority on player behavior, when comparing their sport of choice to football.

Perhaps BigBertha should stick to basketball and use his keen analogy between Grayson Allen’s play and that of Demarcus Cousins?

Either way, it is clear, tea and biscuits will have a very minimal impact to BigBertha, just as his opinion of Kash Daniels receives the “IDGAF” from anyone that has played football at the most basic, yet competitve, level.

29. RAGE
    10:46 pm September 19, 2019 Permalink

After watching the video There is really nothing you can say in defense of Kash.. It was def a dirty play and he knew exactly what he was doing… As far as a suspension that goes on the coach… In my opinion he should def sit this weekend… If I were the coach I know he would sit and behind close doors this should have been handled.. Coach Stoops doesn’t have to make it a big deal in a press conference or anything.. Just if he is asked about why Kash isn’t on the field Saturday after the game he could just say he violated team rules.. Then it would never be brought up again.. Everyone would know why he is sitting out but Stoops doesn’t have to make it a huge ordeal… Play like this should be infuriating to a coach because it is a reflection upon the coach.. Maybe that is why we can’t close out a game and keep letting them get away from us like this weekend for example…Lack of discipline…

Kash needs to drop his WWE persona and just play… I know KSR makes a big deal about how he handles himself in the coin flip for example.. That ain’t needed and in no way is helping our team.. I like Kash and off the camera or in the videos where he is fishing seems like a good kid… But honestly his actions have got worse since he has gotten all of this attention and it ain’t a real good look for our university… Besides on Saturday at the time of the game where he did this play.. he should have been madder at himself than he was at the Florida QB cause he had just ran a QB draw for a touchdown right beside of Kash.. So this only makes a bad week look even worse IMO….

• makeitstop
      1:20 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Tin Man, if u only had a brain. 1) ur not a UK fan, ur a troll. 2) ur grammar is atrocious if ur actually writing, but of course ur not writing, ur pretending to be a UK fan, which ur not. Go back to the basement where u belong.

• BigBertha
      5:49 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Don’t speak on grammar when you don’t even spell words correctly.

• makeitstop
      7:36 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Bertha, little words for u: we aren’t “speaking” – we are writing. Secondly, grammar and spelling are different; lastly, if I use words with which ur unfamiliar, it’s not a spelling issue, unless ur talking about “ur” which is a commonly accepted adaptation of the possessive. I’ll use it in a sentence: Bertha, ur argument about Kash is specious, so u deflect.

30. bbn606
    6:39 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Please raise your hand if you actually played football and didn’t bite, gouge, pull hair, etc at the bottom of the pile.

• Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
      7:22 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Except he obviously wasn’t at the bottom of the pile. It was in plain site. That is the problem. And then he lied about it. I’m not surprised Stoops didn’t suspend him though. didn’t Darius Ashley got a DUI and Stoops punished him with a zero game suspension.

• Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
      7:31 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Meant Ashley Lowery. Too many Ashley’s. Think the other guy was a tard player that got into trouble years ago.

• makeitstop
      7:44 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

He wasn’t at the bottom of the pile, but his hand was, which is what he was extracting. BBN is correct, at the bottom of a pile, ur taking cleats in the face, getting punched, and there’s 800 pounds on ur chest or legs or whatever, and yes, it’s unpleasant. Bertha and the Tin Man “Rage” or Eddie have clearly not played but even if ur the equipment managers, u would know this. Get a hobby in school boys and girls, other than trolling. It helps u adapt socially.

• makeitstop
      7:46 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

By the way Eddie, calling people “tards” is a poor reflection on you. We don’t use that term anymore.

31. Ross7035
    7:43 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

it is not the act that gives me concern. that kind of crap happens in about every pile. the problem is the cover up. he has to know in this day and age there r cameras on every angle. it was bound to come out. I hope it doesn’t happen but I would assume the SEC will do something at some point to kash. young kids make mistakes, just own up to it and move on. he has done way more good for Kentucky than bad. one mistake does not define a man!!!! Keep representing the 606 like I know he can. GO BIG BLUE!!!

32. makeitstop
    7:52 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

On the upside, we found Slater/WeeniePitino/BoB/VaCat’s new aliases in this thread and my goodness, our trolls were hvg a troll convention last nite. Hopefully they will all be back at home at Mother’s for the weekend.

33. Arch Stanton
    8:22 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Bill Romanowski said he used to jam his thumb into guys anus’s in pileups to get them to drop the ball. So it could have been worse.??

34. makeitstop
    8:26 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Last thing I’ll say on this – we are looking at a slow motion replay, and that’s usually 2x-4x slower… the entire frame where he is in the pile is 3 seconds of slow motion, so the contact is less than a second, in real time. #66 rolls over him (the lineman he spoke of) and that’s a 283 pound lineman, and the pile has pretty well rolled over Kash in the preceding second. I’m sure he was in pain. Distinguishing bt where 66 ends up in slow motion and where he rolls up on Kash is about a second in real time. Guy says his hand hurt. I believe him. Anyone who calls him a liar bc they’ve watched a slow motion video of a one second event is as bad as Referee Steve Marlowe calling targeting based on a slow motion video. Life isn’t slo-mo. I believe our kid.

35. CombatMedic_98
    12:06 pm September 20, 2019 Permalink

I just watched the video and he did two things…pushed down on it because QB leg was pinned and hanging out of the pile, that was hyperextending it a bit and then wanted to twist it but, held off for some reason…it was borderline to me. Just not convinced he was trying to injure the QB…!

36. BBNBRIAN
    1:03 pm September 20, 2019 Permalink

Kashi went all Kurt Angle on that QB… then lies about it. He should own it and sit a half.

37. blueblood80
    1:21 pm September 20, 2019 Permalink

Some of you have NOT seen the second video. There is no question there is willful intent to injure the QB. No question. Kash should sit a game and apologize for the play and the lie. Wow, I really liked the guy and all the passion and energy he has. Lost all respect for Kash. A sincere apology is in order. Let’s move forward. Go Cats!

38. chris43
    1:54 pm September 20, 2019 Permalink

Shocked but I’m sure he was caught up in the moment of the game. But still that is no excuse whatsoever to do something like you think.