Mark Stoops fully supports Boom Williams Sr.

boom-williams-sr

There’s been a big controversy surrounding the absence of Boom Williams Sr. at last Saturday’s Cat Walk. Williams was missing inside the ropes, where he was the star of the show prior to kickoff in the season opener. Williams Sr. said UK Police told him Mark Stoops asked that he be barred from entering the street prior to last weekend’s game.

Stoops said that’s simply not true, however. He called Boom Sr. on Sunday to let him know he had nothing to do with it, according to Larry Vaught.

“[Stoops] told me he didn’t know where the police got that from,” Williams told Vaught. “He said he had not said nothing. He didn’t know how the police got the word to keep me out. He told me, ‘I ain’t told nobody nothing.’”

“He said if I have a problem again, come see him.”

I think we can all agree an exception should be made for Boom’s dad. Sure, if he’s allowed within in the ropes, one could argue any parent should be allowed as well. But I don’t see anyone else dressing up in a full costume and rallying the fans like he does.

I also think we can all agree Mark Stoops has a million other things to worry about than what Boom Williams’ dad is doing during the Cat Walk.

[Vaught’s Views]

#FreeBoomSr

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Mark Stoops fully supports Boom Williams Sr.

1. novalsi
    4:21 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

From the article:

2. CatsBy80
    4:28 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

So can we put the blame of the loss on the police since they messed with the pregame vibes?

3. UKfanNKY
    4:31 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

He brings hype and the Team enjoys it!! Boom Sr. needs to find the cop that said no and stand right behind him with the meg -a – phone turned all the way up!!! GO CATS!!!

4. Sam
    4:45 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

“”””””“Information on Twitter Monday indicated that UK officials were worried about a ‘safety concern’ with Williams since he is not an official member of the football program.”

Simple fix: hire him on a $1 annual salary and give him some ridiculous job title like “Vice President of Football Badassery, Hype Division”””””””

^THIS.

I get that it may be an insurance concern, etc, and that is actually a very valid concern. So put him on the payroll for a small and symbolic amount. I bet there are plenty of people that would pony up a buck or two to cover the extra insurance cost if it came to that. It shouldn’t though.

• BlueBloodtoo
      7:02 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Totally agree with the logic of giving him a contract for pennies and I’m totally on board with the title of Vice President of Football Badassery, Hype Division. I’m wondering what the NCAA would have to say about hiring a family member of a student athlete; you know how logical their rules are….

What about the blue coats? Can they let him volunteer and have him covered by insurance?

5. RICK
    4:49 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Thanks Mr. Williams for all the support of the UK football team. Keep up the good work.

6. M Kat
    5:15 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Sometimes your comments are logical and constructive; while other times, they don’t really add much. This one falls in the latter category.

7. Red Headed Stepchild
    5:15 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Love the way Mr. Williams brings the BOOM prior to the Cat walk. We need his intensity from everyone attending the game.

What I love the most is that he is an actual parent of a player. Parents of college athletes usually don’t “step out” in this fashion. We tend to stay in the background for fear of upsetting the apple cart thus affecting the scholly $$$. Mr. Williams’ son is such a beast that he has not feared the repercussions of his actions until last weekend.

Sad really that a Lexington Cop had to be such a prick. But sometimes they (Lex. Cops) want to enforce their Wienerstezel disease unlike any other city policeman I have ever seen. Love Policemen just not the Lexington Cops, Seen too much.

8. Dude
    5:18 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Man, someone get rid of this troll running wild on EVERY POST. Good grief.

• Red Headed Stepchild
      5:24 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Dude, you talking to me? I’m no TROLL.

9. Bigcatinva
    5:25 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Paying Boom Sr even $1 is probably a violation of some sorts. If having him inside the ropes while others are outside is NOT a violation, I say let the man be. I wish we had more like him!

10. J-Dub421
    6:16 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Clearly not me. I find it amusing/disturbing that I seem to attract trolls.

11. J-Dub421
    6:16 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

I have now added an avatar, so people can tell the difference.

• novalsi
      11:33 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Glad to see it.

• novalsi
      11:33 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Ah. I can’t reply properly.

• J-Dub421
      12:12 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

They deleted troll me again, which gets the thread out of whack.

12. J-Dub421
    6:18 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Boom Williams and his dad are both awesome!

13. Dude
    6:21 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Good on ya, Real J-Dub!! 👏🏼👏🏼

14. SmartCat
    6:22 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

Funny they cited safety concerns when they are allowing bicyclists to ride between the ropes. Here’s an idea, shut down the traffic on the first horn and don’t allow them through until after the Cat Walk. Problem solved. Really missed Boom Sr last week. We NEED him! Looking forward to the Walk on Saturday!

15. Jaws2
    8:22 pm September 22, 2015 Permalink

If we can’t contain Mauk, we’re dead Saturday. Bank on it.

16. M. T. Pockets
    8:57 am September 23, 2015 Permalink

I guess the police had to prove they could help U.K. contain SOMEBODY……