Mark Stoops drops a bomb during the Mark Stoops Show

@UKFootball

@UKFootball

Sometimes you get repeated quotes from the Monday luncheon during the Mark Stoops Show later that evening, but that was far from the case tonight.

While talking with Tom Leach, Mark Stoops said that he will play multiple/several quarterbacks against Missouri on Saturday. Terry Wilson will be the starter, but it sounds like we will see Gunnar Hoak get some reps. Maybe even Danny Clark, too.

Leach sounded a bit surprised by the huge news and double checked with Stoops.

“Yeah, we’ll see how it goes,” Stoops said.

It sounded like Stoops was willing to give Wilson a pass for the Texas A&M game but was “disappointed” with how he played against Vanderbilt on Saturday. Stoops said he thinks the two turnovers early in the game impacted his play.

“We still have a lot of confidence in Terry, but he didn’t play a very good game last week.”

Whoa. Wilson has been below average over the last couple games but this is huge news. Will this motivate Wilson? Make him play more timid? Will Hoak or Clark be able to add a spark? Will taking Wilson out hurt or help the rushing attack? This isn’t a throwaway season where you’re playing for the future. Kentucky has a chance to do special things now.

Stoops also had updates that he talked about this morning but went into more detail during the show:

• Stoops said they have kicker Chance Poore ready to go and you’ll likely see him on Saturday
  • Kash Daniel had “minor” surgery on his hand and he’s day-to-day. Stoops said he will be out there tomorrow or Wednesday with a club or cast on his hand. He will play on Saturday. “You’d have to cut his hand off (if you didn’t want him to play),” Stoops said.
  • Stoops said that Josh Allen is one of the best defensive players in the country. We agree.
  • Stoops realizes how big of a game Saturday is, but jokes that every game is his biggest game.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by TJ Walker

129 Comments for Mark Stoops drops a bomb during the Mark Stoops Show

1. notFromhere
    7:08 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Good call, coach. Let’s hope he follows through on it and that it lights a fire under some play from the QB position

• cats646
      7:20 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Agreed

• JusSayin
      8:25 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Let’s hope it doesn’t have the reverse effect of making all the QBs play with added pressure. It’s not like we have a lot of leeway at Mizzou. They are favored for a reason.

9:43 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well they are favored to win because we have no QB Passing game that doesn’t stack well against SEC defenses as the lowest passing stats and the most unbalanced offense in the SEC…if it wasn’t for our Defense we would be 1-6 with TERRIFIED TERRY at QB…finally someone’s drinking my coffee and listening to the “DOC”…! I am impressed.

• krautdog
      10:05 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Wilson is in over his head! HUGE difference between judo & the SEC. Might be OK @ ACC or some other Power 5 conference but not the SEC.

• Luether
      8:51 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Also agree. Real competition based on demonstrated performance should bring out the best in everybody…

10:21 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I’m so HAAAAAPPPY I can’t stop crying…I’m soo happy I laughing through my tears…!!!!

1:03 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

We have scored 17 points in its last 10 quarters…

• ky1988
      2:11 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Disagree the staff is been disrespectful to Wilson who is 6-1 in his first year ever in the sec.

• unbiasedfan
      6:39 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Can’t go by that, look at Tua at Alabama. Jalen won a national championship and was like 24-2 as a starter and was overtaken. I wish we had Kelly Bryant right now haha!’n

• bluecrowe
      2:41 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

There is no disrespect here. He is simply not a QB and there is no shame in that. The ball needs to come out quickly and he just stands there holding the ball. He is not even that impressive of a runner once he decides to go. His most impressive game was Florida, but it turns out that game was the anomaly and not the standard. He should have been improving each week in practice, but we have seen the opposite. Our offensive coordinator should have been fired after the A&M game. There was absolutely no excuse going away from Snell or staying with Terry in the second half. This is the best year we are going to have and we tried to surprise them with a passing game??!

8:50 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

He can’t make decisions

• 4everUKblue
      8:53 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Medic/slater you’re such a whiner, no way you ever served in any real military….make believe maybe.

8:55 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

Thanks dude but I walk tall and proud of whom I am and need no proof for my accolades defending this country so people like you can slander others behind a screen typing insults to feel good about your minuscule self and do it freely…I feel honored you can even have that freedom to do so…carry on

2. Bigblue7982
    7:10 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Finally.

• DelrayCat
      9:47 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

That sounds good…but if the other guys play it means we have fallen behind and TW is playing bad. We should all hope he doesn’t play others since if TW is doing well..we are likely winning.

• 4everUKblue
      8:54 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I agree with Delray. The other QB’s had the same opportunities to prove themselves in practice, if they had deserved to start they would be.

3. Trevathan
    7:15 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

First let me say that I do not believe our success this year is a fluke or a one- time opportunity. We’ve built depth that should continue to keep us competitive.

But I am REALLY glad this specific shot at the SEC East crown will now be given every opportunity to be realized rather than hampered into decades of “what if” scenarios based around our reluctance to try something else at QB. We now have a chance to go down swinging with everything we have and that’s all you can ask for.

Great job, Stoops. Seriously. Thank you.

• JoeBee
      8:33 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well said!

• kenny
      9:01 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

There will always be some fans second guessing coaches. If they try all the QB’s and it doesn’t work there will be fans saying he should’ve stuck with terry.

9:46 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well the fans, the announcers, the other teams, and everyone on planet earth sees that our Weakest link is at QB…I mean the MOST important Person on Offense is the QB…right now it’s time for a change…!

• henderblue
      10:53 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

No one knows it quite like you do though CombatSlater. And everyone knows your opinion. Many times over.

7:26 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

Well finally the coaches are catching on and you all are too…

4. stunninsteve
    7:21 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure it kills the boys at KSR, but this needs to happen. And as for us doing “special things now”, we’re not gonna do squat diddly against top competition with Wilson continually playing overwhelmed and putting the ball on the ground like it’s a paying job. He’s athletic as hell, but so was Roderick Rhodes…

• maximumscott
      8:36 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

We have played top competition with Turnovers and we are 6-1 idiot.

9:47 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

DEFENSE DUDE…and Benny Snell! Look at stats before u start inserting emotions and bravado into a conversation

• stunninsteve
      4:07 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

The defense has had to pull these games out despite Terry, except maybe the Florida game, idiot.

• 4everUKblue
      8:57 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Yep Max Scott is right. Hoak might be alright if he can stand in the pocket for 5 to 10 seconds while our receivers, who haven’t been getting open, try to get some separation.

5. Le Docteur
    7:21 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

“Wilson has been below average.” Yep. I’d say 18 passing yards on 3 completions and 2 turnovers is “below average.”

6. davis2319
    7:27 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Yeah I’m anxious to potentially see Clark. That is a big kid and he is a gamer. Might not have the most accurate arm but has a rifle. But, I hope everyone doesn’t get their hopes up because Terry Wilson will take 80% of the snaps on Saturday I’m calling it.

• cats646
      7:31 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Agreed. I’m excited to see Clark too. He looks like Te next Tebow.

1:04 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

He is a troll on here

• UoKFB PHAN
      8:08 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

@Cats646 – It sounds like from your comment that you’re not just all in for Wilson like ‘it’s him or no one’ It sounds more like you just don’t think Hoak is really capable of being a QB in the SEC.

I’m good with any of the three that can prove they can consistently and effectively pass the ball.

• catfanjd
      7:58 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

You guys are unbelievable. Gunnar Hoak’s mechanics are horrid. If it’s not Wilson which I can’t defend him I need to see Clark run the team and throw the ball. If not that then try Bowdin. I just don’t see Hoak being successful until he gets better footwork and throwing motion. Those weaknesses are on the staff though as they have had time to evaluate and develop. We just aren’t recruiting the right QB talent which is bothersome in year 6

• cats646
      8:23 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Actually I’m fine with any one of them honestly. I just hate when Combatmedic sucks Gunnar off and sh!ts on Terry so much. That’s why I say all that. I think Gunnar is a decent QB but idk if he is SEC caliber. We will find out. And I sincerely hope whoever it is, plays awesome.

9:51 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Really you don’t know anything 646…Gunner Hoak had better stats than any QB the last 2 Spring Games…scored in 55 seconds (pass play) and your “fast QB” ain’t’ done crap…get out of here kid

• kjd
      10:36 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Terry Turnover has not shown he is SEC caliber. Don’t waste your time mentioning the Florida game. SEC caliber talent plays solid every game.

• 4everUKblue
      8:35 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well said cats648

• cats646
      10:10 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Ohh. He has better stats in the spring game? Omg! Well put him in immediately!! He plays really good when the defense is playing at about 40%. We should’ve never even brought in a JUCO QB because we have a spring game champ right here! Definitely better than Steven Johnson. Congratulations medic. You are the only one in this fan base who managed to find our best QB based on two spring games. I’ll call the AD and let him know he should call you and interview you for a coaching job.

10:22 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Let me know when your ready for my number…

11:41 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Oh it’s 646-MORON

• kenny
      6:21 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Spring game mvp!!!!!!!! LOL

• UoKFB PHAN
      10:23 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Combat… sorry to say man but your Spring Game comment is pretty lame. Okay, I agree with you Hoak did look good in the two Spring Games but there in no way you can compare that to actual SEC play. That said, yes, it is past time for the coaching staff to give Hoak some real SEC game time and then make decisions based on actual game play.

• bigbluebanana
      10:46 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

He just talks a bunch of combatmedic98. Hail may do well, but he’s incredibly unproven. Just because he “throw ball far” out there in eastern Kentucky, doesn’t mean he’s a sec qb. There’s a reason his only other offers came from the likes of MAC schools. This dude who thinks he’s a doctor just lies in bed at night looking at pictures of Hoak, that’s all.

11:40 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well I mean we only saw him play a couple of series and he scored in 55 seconds…that’s impressive and for our Coaches to look past his overall consistency of playing time versus TW playing time…I would have benched him against T A&M and never let him under the center rest of the season…there’s three other QBs waiting to prove themselves. If they don’t get reps in games then that’s on the Coaches ignorance. They know better. This is games 8 and we can’t throw more than 18 yards…that’s the craziest stat I ever heard of in a UK game…it’s unheard of in the SEC…

• cats646
      10:41 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Good comment PHAN. Take notes from him medic. That is how you put your opinion out there without sounding like a complete jacka$$.

• cats646
      10:42 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Oh and I’m ready for your number if you would kindly post it.

• 4everUKblue
      9:00 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Medic thanks for posting your number (646-MORON) I’d bet you don’t have the balls to answer. Wait….Do you even have balls?

• UoKFB PHAN
      1:43 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

@catfanjd – You brought up Hoak’s throwing mechanics. I’ve seen comments from several people that pointed to his lack of arm strength but no one has mentioned his throwing mechanics. Are you basing this from the two Spring Games and the game he played in earlier this year or have you seen him in practice? If practice, how many times have you seen him in practice?

I personally find it odd that the coaching staff has only played him in one game over the last two seasons. Maybe it is a mechanics issue that he hasn’t been able to correct. Some people seem to indicate they think it’s a ‘favorites’ issue but I find that hard to believe given the competitor Stoops is plus the financial and coaching status incentives he and the other coaches have riding on UK’s record.

As for the QB recruiting, keep in mind the two we lost to Alabama and Miami.

7. RondoTheDonThough
    7:33 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Watch Terry throw 10 for 10 with 100 yards in the first quarter now.

• LexJim
      9:33 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

And that would be a good thing.

10:24 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well we have been waiting 6 games now for just 2 TD passes and no INTS or FUMBLES…let’s just hope Benny is healed up and Gunner is ready to take the reigns

• 4everUKblue
      9:01 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Funny thing medic was all in on TW after the FL game, he’s a bandwagon boy.

8. UKinIN
    7:35 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Without any inside information, I don’t think anything changes. I don’t believe Stoops. The fact that Wilson will starts means that Hoak will only get in if it’s a MO blowout. If the game is close, even if Wilson isn’t playing well, Stoops will say that we didn’t want to make a change in a close game.

• DelrayCat
      9:48 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Exactly!

• BigBlue4Three
      11:15 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

^^^^ This ^^^^

• unbridled
      11:16 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I think stoops was implying that Wilson and Hoak May play simultaneously. It would be extremely complicated to install but it would prove a nightmare to attempt to defend against it.

9. Shidler8684
    7:43 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

He probably mentioned Danny Clark because Hoak’s parents were juvenile. Sending a message.

10. CoachCat
    7:57 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Ha. About time

11. michaelb
    8:02 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I hope they all three play well … maybe we could use multiple qbs . It would helped if we had more reps with the subs than we already have to this point

• Wade
      9:39 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I’d like to see Lynn run the wildcat 5 times a game

• unbridled
      11:21 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

That’s what I’m saying. Have Wilson line up as a split end. He can go in motion and rpo for days. Plus Benny? The possibilities are endless…but Wilson would need to complete 10 passes a game and several receptions himself. So many schemes they could run. It would be incredible. But that would take weeks and weeks to become efficient. I wish Eddie gran would have thought more creatively in the off-season

12. KYcats11
    8:10 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Good decision coach.

13. KYjellyRoll
    8:33 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Throw every QB we got at them plus Bowden and snell in the shotgun!

14. az1006
    8:46 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I’d venture to guess there will be scripted drives for Hoak and/or Clark. If he’s really going to play them, it won’t be off-the-cuff, let’s-see-how-things-go in a game of this magnitude (at least I hope not). The only caveat to that is, if Wilson comes out hot and we score on our first drive or two, he will likely stay in the game. If we don’t move the ball early, I’d say you’ll see Hoak come in on a planned drive, and maybe play a series or two. The problem becomes this: if neither Wilson nor Hoak are playing well, does he go to Clark? Does he go back to Wilson? A conference road game (and one of the most important of the season) isn’t the best time to be shuffling the deck. But, if it works, he’s a genius.

I don’t know. I think Wilson gives us the best chance to win, but he’s got to be better than he’s been the last two weeks.

• maximumscott
      10:26 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

It depends on how well our defense is playing. If mizzou is scoring relatively easily then u might keep terry and go vanilla play calling but hard to say. I honestly dont see mizzou being able to score that much so i think we will be fine scoring 24

• UoKFB PHAN
      10:26 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

That makes the most sense of all the comments I’ve seen out here.

11:42 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Last 5 weeks

• bluecrowe
      2:53 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

He looks absolutely horrible and threw for 18 yards against Vandy. He is getting worse by the day. This cannot be overlooked. I am sorry.

15. J-Dub421
    9:24 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Great! Then when Hoak sucks, we can end this QB controversy charade and the haters will finally shut up.

• LexJim
      9:37 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

The haters will never shut up. They’ll be crying for Clark if Wilson and Hoak don’t play well. And if Clark doesn’t play well they’ll be screaming for Walker Wood. And I must say I’d love to see Walker in the Wildcat.

• Wade
      9:41 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Bouvier for qb… let’s just get crazy..

• DelrayCat
      9:49 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Matt Roark 2.0!

10:25 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

No we will start Danny at QB…Wilson as waterboy and assisted by Hoak at that point during timeouts…

16. zoupman
    9:30 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I hope he does it. He also repeatedly says, they are going to find more ways to get ball to CJ Conrad. Hadn’t happened yet.

• bluecrowe
      2:55 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Amen! How we have managed to waste Conrad for an entire college career is criminal and another reason we need to replace Gran.

17. dstnshpp
    9:31 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I don’t care who plays QB, I just want to win. Hopefully, the coaches will be willing to make changes if necessary. Seems that when the Gran’s gameplan is disrupted things go off the rails. Play well, make the necessary adjustments, and BEAT MIZZOU. Go CATS!

18. Wade
    9:40 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

No pick 6 from terry I believe. Our Defense can’t stop that. Just wish terry could hold onto the ball and manage the game. He has potential.

9:55 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

6 games in our “starting” QB has more fumbles and interceptions than TD passes…he needs shelved immediately. Give someone else a chance…this dude need to move to wideout or corner…

• cats646
      10:13 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Really? You’re complaining that he can’t hold on to the ball and your first suggestion is move him to wide receiver? You sir, are a genius.

10:26 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

No please reread my stats statement and then comment

10:26 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I said move him to waterboy as well…or play him at CENTER, GUARD, or TACKLE

10:28 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

…so he can sit in the CENTER of the bench, GUARD the water-bucket, and TACKLE anyone that gets near it…!

• cats646
      10:47 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Am I the only one who thinks there is a chance Combatmedic is Rick Pitino? I mean they’re both completely incapable of grasping reality. Not to mention neither one of them can last more than 15 seconds.

• ClutchCargo
      11:05 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Calling BS, cats646. Pitino is far and away smarter than combatdouche_98.

11:48 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Ohhhh look who finally showed their face…Cats646 best buddy and troll friend CRASHED CARGO in the flesh…you’ve been quiet last few days after your boy threw for how many yards Saturday…and coughed up 2 fumbles and almost lost the game against VANDERBILT…Hilarious! Keep supporting TW like he’s running for “OFFICE” cause after this weekend he’ll be looking for a job…Hoak is gonna set that place on fire and embarrass TERRIFIED TERRY

11:57 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

ThNks crashed cargo

• cats646
      11:58 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I stand corrected. This has to be Gunnar’s dad. Smh

19. makeitstop
    9:55 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

This is what many of us have been saying. It’s just math. Terry’s numbers are awful. More INT than TD at the midway point gets anyone riding the pine. The fumbles, the ball security, the missed targets and bad reads say “not progressing” fast enough. You MUST give the other guys a chance to show they learned more the last 7 games than Terry. If not then fine, u live w Terry and hope he learns to read the D faster and better, he protects the ball WAY better and he gets stronger so one arm tackles don’t bring him down.

20. kjd
    9:58 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I’ll believe it when I see it.

21. Larkin123
    9:59 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Gunnar doesn’t have to be very good. He just needs to see the field well enough To make the defense play An inch or two more honest. A lean here or there.. Then we run…

• Cowboy
      12:31 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

This.

And its true no matter who the QB is… Terry, Hoak, or otherwise. We don’t need the next air raid offense. We just need enough of a threat to keep the defense honest….. then turn Benny loose.

1:06 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Now we talki

22. DelrayCat
    10:02 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Its just crazy to think we are seven games in…with the best defense in schools history and a chance to go to the freaking playoffs…and we still don’t know if we have a legit SEC-caliber starting QB on our roster. In past years in this situation…we’d be 1-6.

• UoKFB PHAN
      10:28 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Ironic isn’t it.

10:29 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Well we have a great defense this year…offense is waiting on the QB to come in Saturday

11:49 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

We’ve had a legit QB sitting on the bench…

• stunninsteve
      4:13 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Wilson has darn near killed the defense, with his turnovers and three and outs.

23. maximumscott
    10:30 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Wilson is better bc he is a Black Dual Threat QB

11:50 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Dual threat meaning: fumbles and interceptions…let’s not get people confused on here!

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      11:51 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I feel pretty confident that if any side is injecting race into this issue it’s the extreme Terry haters but you keep up that narrative.

11:53 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

…because if we had a white dual threat QB would he start…?! Last time I checked we have triple threats sitting on the bench.
      Hoak: he can hand off, run, and throw
      Clark: handoff run and throw pretty good
      Woods: Handoff run and throw
      WILSON: Handoff, run, fumble, INTERCEPTIONS and WONT THROW!!!

• CatsDLegit
      9:01 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Dual threat means you must be able to throw. He is fast, I’ll give you that but goes down way too easy.

24. Paperbagface
    10:37 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I hope the refs make some change as well and bring in some guys who will throw a flag when 41 is being held.

25. WildcatCam
    10:43 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

I think he’s listening to the noise too much,if he means it. Or trying to light a fire under Terry. Don’t mind
    it latter. Don’t think Gunnar is the answer.

26. friendsofcoal
    11:54 pm October 22, 2018 Permalink

Kash was a helluva QB in high school…lol.

27. ky1988
    2:08 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Aww all it took was Gunnar daddy to make a tweet. Gunnar got beat out in summer and had a chance during the CMU game had only one good drive and did nothing in the second half and you reward him with chance to play Saturday in a big game. Wilson has team 6-1 in his first season in SEC and now they are basically saying they don’t trust him to win a game. If I was Wilson I would be pissed at the staff. hope Gunnar dad knows making your kid entitled will just hurt him.

• bluecrowe
      2:57 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Other than the Florida game Wilson has only been a detriment to what we are attempting to accomplish. And there is no improvement. We are 6-1 in spite of Wilson and not because of him!

• kjd
      8:48 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

All it took was simple Terry Turnover stinking it up two games in a row. That’s why backups are being mentioned.

28. Shively1978
    5:30 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Hell just put Bowden at QB he’s just as proven as Clark or Gunner right. He actually was a pretty good QB

• ScoggDog
      7:48 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Kentucky should go Old School Wrestling … bring in a Masked Quarterback – list him in the bio as From Parts Unknown. Get him a Valet to stand on the sidelines. Maybe slip him a Foreign Object on Third Downs.

• ScoggDog
      8:54 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Another option would be to go with the Coleco Mr. Quarterback. Big plastic thing … threw a football. I had one as a kid. It kinda’ worked.

The thing couldn’t really hold onto the football very well if you hit it – but neither can Wilson. And it’s not very mobile either – just like Hoak.

I’m telling you … UK could make this work.

29. UKBoo
    8:17 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

It boggles the mind that the staff has waited this long to start looking at making a change. Wilson didn’t win the job because he was so much better than the others. He won the job because the staff felt a dual threat QB gave UK the best chance to succeed on offense. Once proven wrong, they should have been open to trying something else. Some sort of change up without notice could have really thrown defenses off guard. Now, at least, other teams have to plan for other other options. Waiting this long hasn’t been fair to anyone. Wilson has pretty much been thrown to the wolves, and the other guys haven’t had a chance to knock any rust off. Now we are halfway through the schedule and we are in worse shape, QB wise, than we were when we started the season. It also doesn’t send a very good message to future QBs. You come to UK and they decide on a different style of play, then you can pretty much kiss your career goodbye. QB should be like any other position. You screw up or don’t play well and you go to the bench. I don’t care who the QB is as long as they can help keep the defense honest, hand off to Benny, and don’t screw up too bad. Wilson has only done one of the three every game but UF. He’s averaging 1.3 turnovers a game all by himself. Why is he even starting?

• Larkin123
      8:55 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Missouri is having to prepare for multiple quarterbacks this week…

• bluecrowe
      12:43 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

UKBoo- Exactly. If this were any other position they would have benched him weeks ago. We will never get a commit from any halfway decent WR again. Terry has not shown he is an actual QB and that is a problem when you are having the greatest season we will ever have at UK. You have potentially one of the best tight ends in the SEC, you have quality receivers who spend entire saturdays running around getting ignored, and Bowden is being absolutely wasted. As several have said, putting him under center might be preferable, just to get the ball in his hands. The defense deserves more.

30. down54187092
    8:56 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

It worked for Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. Terry can still be a major contributor.

31. AtlKatFan
    8:57 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I bet Bowden and Conrad are happy to hear this news bombsnell. Can these new QBs hand off cleanly to Benny? Thats my care-about!

32. UKFootballYall
    9:33 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Whoever is playing QB, I just hope Gran adjusts his game plan accordingly to align with each of their skill sets. They can all be at least serviceable if they are put in a position by the OC to be successful. Three different QB’s all running the same one-size-fits all offense = disaster.

33. drbigblue
    12:56 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

As big as his contract is, it takes a genius like himself to make a decision to try and get two good passing QBs in to try and jumpstart this stalled offense. For the last 10 Quarters, it’s been a terrible product. Like back to the Joker days. Let’s hope he gives it an honest shot. Missouri will be a tough challenge for our offensive line. Much tougher than recent teams.

34. ky1988
    1:05 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

Mark it down when Wilson leaves he will be best QB to play for UK since Tim.

35. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    1:22 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

People forget that Gunnar almost three a guarantee pick 6 right to the defender and the corner dropped it right in his hands. Then he threw the TD. But this is how I feel about the QB situation. Keep saying we’ll play all 3 QB just to give Missouri a little more homework and keep them off balanced. Start Terry and if he has a slow series or 2 and they go up 7-0, I think you put Hoak in. If Hoak goes in and does the same, I think you try Clark and go to a Tim Tebow/Florida offense. RPO, with so play action deep balls. And if somehow he’s not the answer either, you go with whoever the offense looks best under. If we go ahead with any of them, stick with them. Now a lot of ppl aren’t saying this either but whoever starts, we want them to stay in bc that means we’re playing good. WE DO NOT WANT QB CHANGES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAMES! FOR EMERGENCY:PLAN B & C. Hope Gran and Stoops get it together and let’s get Conrad the ball like Kansas City uses Kelce! Wish we had their OC

36. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    1:26 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

Interesting so Stoops will let Gunnar get reps but only against a team with NO PASS RUSH so it still won’t prove he can handle league play and if he struggles like he did against CMU’s actual pass d it gets worse. A team who also happens to be the worst pass d in the league so if Terry sucks it proves how bad he really is. The only posdible winner on this would be if in 2 drives Clark threw for 80%, 2 tds, and ran it another 30 yrds.