Mark Stoops disappointed Toledo game is not sold out

With roughly 40 hours to go, Kentucky’s season opener vs. Toledo is not sold out; in fact, according to the Ticketmaster map, there are still thousands of seats up for grabs. Coming off a ten-win season, Mark Stoops admitted he’s disappointed the stadium won’t be full when his team takes the field on Saturday.

“I’m a little disappointed in that to be honest with you,” Stoops told reporters after practice tonight. “Coming off ten wins, these guys have worked extremely hard and we need the support out there. It makes a difference. We’re all trying to build this program.”

Here’s the latest update from Ticketmaster, which still shows plenty of available seats in the lower bowl:

Kentucky’s got several offers going to try to fill up the stadium. Thirty-five dollar lower level tickets are available through the ReplyBuy system. For $40, you can get a lower level ticket and access to an all-inclusive BBQ tailgate.

The weather’s supposed to be gorgeous. People will be tailgating. Football will be happening. Get in there.

45 Comments for Mark Stoops disappointed Toledo game is not sold out

1. mashburnfan1
    7:52 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

It is sad and disappointing. What a way for BBN and all you so called fans to show this group how much we appreciate them. Is no excuse, tix are cheap, weather great. This is a great way to drive a coach away, they have to be thinking this is not a football area if we can’t get a crowd after last season. Senior day last year was a joke as well. Sad we can’t get 60,000 people there, OSU will have over 100,000 at their game. Guess they have real fans.

• mashburnfan1
      7:53 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

BTW I live 3.5 hours away and I am there each home game, cold, rainy, hot does not matter.

• WKY Cat
      8:01 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back.

• Cokely53
      8:04 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Bull. Where is your seat and where do you park/tailgate.

• Cokely53
      10:26 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Wrong as usual Mash1. I’ve had football season tickets for well over 10 years and go to every game I can. Even during the 2-10 seasons. You on the other hand are someone whose only life is being a troll. Thank you though, you do give me good entertainment with your blabbering buffoonery.

• mashburnfan1
      8:07 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Let me guess you are one of the so called fans that never bother to show up, support and cheer the team yet try {badly} to make fun of someone that does. I will pat myself on the back, it does take effort, budgeting and scheduling to make those games and the Bowl games.

• mashburnfan1
      8:13 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

wont give section but in 1st row upper level. Well tix say 2nd row but it is the 1st row. I park at garage at Virginia and Press and usually take the shuttle although it is walkable and once in a while we walk it in nice weather. We do not tailgate but evening games we do the cat walk and concert and cheer the guys as they go to and from the field for warm ups before going to our seats. Missed 2 home games the 5 years I have had season tix and will make all games this season. Was at Gator Bowl and Citrus Bowl but did miss the Music City Bowl.

• catsarerunnin
      8:51 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Don’t drink the Doucheburn kool-aid. He will be at his quilting class like every Saturday.

• JASUN74
      8:39 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I just don’t believe anything you say anymore mashtater!! A true fan of Kentucky doesn’t talk bad about the basketball program like you do, and doesn’t talk shiiit about other fans!! What you’re doing isn’t helping anything in anyway, and it’s making you look like a punk! I’m probably the only one on here that doesn’t hate you and actually like some of your post because you sometimes are positive about OUR Football team!! But man you make it hard calling out fans the last couple of years.

Whatever though, you want people to listen to you and act like you are some kind of cartoon character. It’s all good though.

If anyone wants a free beer on me Saturday, come by the green houses. Lol. We’ll drink a cold one, and talk shiiit about Mashtater!!! Lmao. I forgot the name of the green houses, But they should be on the map. I’ll try to get the name of that little side road it’s on tomorrow. We’ll have cornhole and a big tent set up and maybe some food left if you get there in time. Woooo Go Cats!!

• notFromhere
      8:53 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

As someone “talks sht about another fan”… Why do people even post here anymore?

• cats646
      10:09 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I don’t believe that you’re not a fan if you don’t show up. But it is sad and disappointing that we can’t sell the stadium out for the opening game. If we really want to turn this program into a top tier one, then the average fan has to be willing to do their part. No program would be anything without fans, we’re just as much a part of it as everyone else.
      GO CATS!!
      #bringit!!!!!!

• 4everUKblue
      10:40 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

mashbum you’ve got a lot of damned nerve calling ANYONE a so called fan. What a fuking hypocrite.

• bcmcneil
      7:05 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

mashburnfan1, Columbus has 900,000 people compared to Lexington‘s 320,000. It’s a lot easier to fill a stadium when 3 times the people live there…

• UKnowMe
      1:34 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Two weeks ago Mash was complaining about people taking tailgating spots ahead of time and now he says he doesn’t tailgate. What a douche.

2. BLUEVADER
    8:02 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I bet there will be alot of walk ups before game. I say atekeast

• 859bornandraised
      9:30 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I think so also

3. UKiyaoyas
    8:08 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Rupp would be sold out to watch the walk-ons play H-O-R-S-E

4. dckr
    8:14 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Look around college football this weekend. There will be empty seats everywhere, even the elite teams. This is not surprising. The Florida game is sold out. Celebrate that. It’s 2019, sitting through 4 hour noon kickoff college football games against non power 5 teams isn’t as appealing as it used to be.

5. nocode96
    8:17 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Mashbum up there calling everyone out as shltty fans^^^^coal, meet kettle.

I bet mashbum farts in wine glasses and sniffs them.

• JASUN74
      8:24 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I’d bet anything he does. Worst fan in the whole BIG BLUE NATION!!

• cats646
      10:15 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Idk, I think he is just a football guy and hates the fact that all the attention used to go to basketball so he has some resentment towards the basketball program. I used to get upset over that too but times are changing and football is becoming much more relevant since Stoops got here. I don’t remember what game it was, but a few years back we had just one a big football game and on KSR monday after the game the first caller said “congrats to the cats, now how’s our basketball team gonna look this year Matt?” Man that pissed me off!! Lol

• 4everUKblue
      12:55 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

This is the best comment on this thread.

catsarerunnin August 29, 2019 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

6. JASUN74
    8:22 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I know about thirty or so that’s going and doesn’t have seats yet. We’re all tailgating together tomorrow and they’ll all get in cheaper that I will. Lol. You can usually get a couple tickets for ten, twenty bucks before the game around the gate and I know because I used to do it all the time a few years ago.

Anyway Mashed tater, hehe, just because some can’t go doesn’t make you any better of a fan!!! I’m sure everyone would love to go but sometimes people just can’t. Don’t call fans of Kentucky out man. We are are in this together. Ohh and no it’s not going to run a Coach off. We’ll have very close to a sell out by game time I guarantee it!!

• JASUN74
      8:23 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Sorry, not tomorrow, but Saturday!!

7. bigrich98
    8:32 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Cut the ticket price in half and I’ll be there.
    -signed, every 20 something year old

• JASUN74
      8:45 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Hey bigrich98. I guarantee you buddy that if you get there by the gate before the game they’ll be a bunch trying to get rid of extra tickets cheap. Happenes every game because some don’t show or they just have extra or whatever. Sometimes they’ll just give them to people just before kickoff because they’re ready to go in. Anyway try it and I promise you’ll get in. Well I can’t promise, lol, but I’m almost 95% sure. Hope you go my friend.

8. RAGE
    8:33 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I have been to games in the past but honestly prefer to sit on my couch and cheer on the team… I can eat and drink anything I want at home and for a lot cheaper lol.. Plus have a better view of the game here at home… I like to go to the games but wait for the conference games…

• RAGE
      8:34 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

With them all on TV now a days don’t make as much sense in the timeouts I can check the other games scores also…

• JASUN74
      8:50 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Hey if some didn’t watch on TV we couldn’t get that big SEC TV money every year. Lol. Man I had a heart attack last July and had to miss all but two games last year and I swore I can’t miss any more. Lol. I do love watching Football on my big TV and don’t blame anyone. Nothing like watching the Cats play are they?

• RAGE
      11:06 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Nope I love to watch the Cats play any sport

9. Cousins Fake Tooth
    8:57 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Don’t have the opener on a holiday weekend then.

10. Matt10
    9:01 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

I’d love to go but have to be in Indy for work. Sorry.

11. thatCat
    9:02 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Have beer then maybe people will come

12. blueballs80
    9:08 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Might have something to do with alcohol purchase at the stadium? Some folks might be really ticked off with the UK administration about that.

13. ryan1723
    9:25 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Funny, some of us don’t go because of the sloppy drunks

14. Hereforbeer
    9:26 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Great job on posting this thread and how to get tickets! We bought 5 for lower level at $165!

15. Blueface
    10:43 pm August 29, 2019 Permalink

Sell beer

16. jakew60
    1:33 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

At 20 years old, I’m not doing great as a college student with money and I live in Louisville not to far but I am planning on at least 3 games this year and I can’t wait lol my paychecks are gladly being made into tickets and for me that is perfectly fine lol

17. Look Out Fireworks
    8:48 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Wow a lot of anger for what looks like a 90-95% full stadium. Against Toledo. At Noon. On Labor Day weekend.

Y’all need to relax on calling people out for not going.

• Alex90
      9:32 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

And calling for 90 degree weather which is not ideal when standing side by side with thousands. But I still really want to go

18. yoshukai
    9:02 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Wonder if it would be a sellout if they had decided to sell beer at the games?

19. Jesus H. Chrysler
    2:12 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Maybe he should bitch to Mitch. The fans have spoken with their wallets. WE WANT BEER!