Marco Rubio will be a guest on KSR Next Week

Earlier this Summer, Matt Jones met Republican Presidential candidate Marco Rubio at an event in Lexington.  Matt made a wager with Mr. Rubio: If UK beats Florida in football, Rubio has to be a guest on KSR.

It’d be easy to shy away from the bet, but Rubio is still in.

Rubio is confident, but he should start blocking off his schedule on a week day between 10-Noon because there’s NO WAY the Cats are losing today.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for Marco Rubio will be a guest on KSR Next Week

1. Ha!
    5:30 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

Where’s all the political comment meltdowns? Oh, yeah, hes a Republican. All good.

• Ukjonny9
      5:36 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

Sad but true.

• Or...
      5:43 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

I think people are just accepting that Matt Jones I’d gong to do what he wants with his show, which is all fine and good. Also, the other times there have been politicians on the show, it’s been generally really good radio and makes for fun debate

• ukcamel
      6:58 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

I think there are ways to mention politicians on a sports site that don’t run awry of the spirit of the site and ways that sound more like endorcements that no one wants whether in is a dem or an R. Not saying that there aren’t people who will get their panties in a bunch over any material featuring a guy they don’t like. This is the Internet, still.

2. bassackwards
    5:51 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

Mr. Rubio did not loose that bet. Free access to on the largest radio audience in the free world. His poll numbers will go up as a result.

3. Meat Loaf
    6:00 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

Am I just hongry, or was that photo taken at KT’s in Lou?
    I could really go for some KT’s meatloaf and then some
    carrot cake a la mode for dessert!!!!!

GO CAYTS!

• bshep
      11:30 am September 20, 2015 Permalink

Meat Loaf, you are going to have to go somewhere else for your meatloaf, as KT’s closed several months ago and the new restaurant housed in that location is called Le Moo.

4. jstone
    6:44 pm September 19, 2015 Permalink

I really like Marco. I think he’d make a GREAT President one day. I’d love to see him for now as Carly’s VP.