Marcelys Jones commits to UK

image

BIG FRIDAY NIGHT NEWS!

Marcelys Jones has committed to UK, a source tells KSR. The four-star offensive lineman in the 2014 class picked Ohio State over the Cats out of high school, but he left the Buckeye program earlier this week after one season and quickly made new plans to transfer to Lexington.

Yahtzee!

Posted via phone in the Applebees parking lot.

Article written by Drew Franklin

42 Comments for Marcelys Jones commits to UK

1. cats paw
    8:50 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Well who cares? All these All-Americans and top in-state talent he’s getting don’t impress me. If we wanted a winner, we’d have hired Petrino.

• TDog
      8:53 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Stop it. The team Joker left us was a lower level MAC team. It takes multiple years to improve in football. Give it time. Recruiting is the best it’s ever been and the team visibly improved from 2013 to 2014. Anyhow Petrino is a scumbag and a horrible all around person.

• MARY
      8:57 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

????????????????????????Count to make sure you got enough players for a game….what time is visiting hours at the local lock up, ….because that is what it would be about IF we hired your suggested coach…just wait and see…If he was in the SEC he couldnt even sign some of his players because of previous issue…no thank you …

• Gowcats
      9:05 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Cats Paw, for every one good post you have, you put out about 20 assanine and truly terrible posts. With an average like that why don’t you throw in the towel on posting on this site in the future? Go to Card Chronical where they will appreciate your spiel. Petrino is scum and would be like selling our soul to the devil. Stoops has us on the right path.

• Johnnycat
      9:31 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

I guess your attempt at sarcasm is lost on most. At least that’s how I am reading it….surely you aint serious Willis.

• DylanG
      9:34 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Why do UL fans have to ruin the fun? Go on your own site! Seriously. It’s weird how UL fans just camp on UK sites.

• Brian
      10:05 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Gowcats: cats paw has made a good post before? I must’ve missed it. Dude’s a notorious pro-UofL troll around these parts.

• southcentralKYcat
      11:13 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

So what are you going to say after Stoops beats that ass this year?

• clint m.
      8:33 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

Then I suggest you quit following UK football. Hater.

• Cats Paws Daddy
      12:57 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

Shut up and go to bed …. you are embarrassing me!!!!!

2. Smyrna_Cat
    8:59 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Superb news! Ignore the trolls!

3. Bluegrass guy
    9:07 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Loserville fans need to get a life! Huge pick up for us Stoops and Marrow is building a good foundation

4. Shelby
    9:15 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Welcome to the BBN big fella. stoops troops rising

5. JLP
    9:17 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Anyone know WHY he is transferring? Was he buried in depth chart or was he “picked” to transfer for some reason (OSU needed to get down in scholarships I believe).

• fatbrat
      10:19 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

He was singled out by OSU coaches as being one of the top performers in spring practice. He has also been tabbed as being inconsistent in the past.

• bleed blue
      10:22 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Told he never went to class or work outs. Urban happened to do a “Pain in the A**” speech yesterday at a camp after it was announced he was transferring. Apparently the kid is a head case and has no work ethic.

• Dangers
      11:33 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

I saw what bleed blue saw on some OSU message boards. I’m hoping that it’s just because OSU wasn’t a good fit, but it worries me a bit. I just hope he stays academically eligible and that Stoops can squeeze some hard work out of him. Either way, he’s probably a solid get by our standards based on pure talent.

• Dangers
      11:41 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Or the OSU fans were just salty that they lost him. Still, just not sure that this is as much of a steal as we’re thinking.

• Dude
      3:46 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

Wait, you mean to tell me that anonymous fans on a message board are throwing an All-American kid who decided to transfer from their school……. under the bus…………?!?

• Buckeye
      4:28 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

He left because he wasn’t going to be a starter…pure and simple. Why else leave a school close to home, with top-tier academics, that just won a National Championship, and will be favored for a National Championship again this year. He knew he wasn’t going to make it. After sitting out a year for transferring, I’m sure he’ll be great at UK.

• Dangers
      8:03 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

I’m just saying that I’m reserving judgement.

• BbnBomber
      2:36 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

He was buried, and getting passed up by freshmen. He wasn’t performing like he should have e been on the field or in the classroom.

• Marcelys Jones
      3:17 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

Uh, I was a freshman.

6. kat308
    9:19 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

When will he be eligible?

7. woohop1
    9:28 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

“The Prodigal Son has come home”!!

8. Paris 10
    9:42 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Boy, we’re fixed now!

• Troll Slayer
      9:59 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Looks like the shithead “Tom” made it back. Using a different name, as a pu$$y would… Loser.

9. wildcat502
    9:48 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

I cant wait to see what this line will look like in 3 years. With Jackson, Young and Jones to go along with the players on campus now, like big George…………………..wow

10. Yahtzee!

I agree with you #9. Also, I wonder if the coaches should think about putting Jacob Hyde on the O line. From what we’re reading here he may not ever get much PT on defense. Maybe I’m reading too much between the lines, I don’t know. Anyway, I would think he would be a beast on the O line if he can learn the techniques based on what Freddie Maggard said about his mobility.

11. Pete
    10:58 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Musta been the culprit who parked in Urban Meyer’s parking spot! HA!!

12. Stoops looks like Francis from Pee Wee's Big Adventure
    11:38 pm June 19, 2015 Permalink

Heard he picked UK over Akron.

• Derpi-Wan KaDerpy
      3:26 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

If Urban Meyer and NCAA Champ OSU wanted him, I’ll take him.

Q: How long did it take Petrino to paint over the “Core Values” Charlie Strong had to put up?

• Buckeye
      4:15 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

Derpi, the thing is they wanted him as a recruit. They didn’t want him as a player. Once they had an entire season and a half ( he was an early enrollee) to evaluate him, they realized he was not going to be a starter.

• Derpi-Wan KaDerpy
      11:23 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

So, he sucks, or….?

I mean, the kid was an AA. And you DID sign him.

A freshmen, not starting on a National Championship team. Go figure.

• Bourbon Meyer
      1:46 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

He sure has hell isn’t leaving Ohio State for UK because of better academics and he definitely isn’t leaving for better athletics. So why do you think he would downgrade himself?

• Derpi-Wan KaDerpy
      3:37 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

Ah. Kinda like Randy Moss (Notre Dame to Florida State to Marshall), or Troy Aikmen (left Oklahoma), for example. Those are just a couple that spring to mind that “downgraded himself”…..

13. CATandMONKEY
    12:01 am June 20, 2015 Permalink

No, that is NOT sarcasm from the infamous Paw. He actually has made some good posts on occasion but just as I want to think he isn’t the admiral of the douche-canoe armada…he totally redeems himself.

This is a great pickup. Congrats to the staff and the young man.
    Having a manly O-line with depth will allow our considerable talent at skill positions to do their job.
    Go Cats!

14. SoddyCat
    2:47 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

Buckeye, you wonder why the rest of the sports nation despises your team. You just came off probation for cheating and won a National Championship. How, you say, did the Buckeyes accomplish this amazing feat? First, you came to the SEC and stole a coach who was notorious for allowing criminals to play for him at his former school. I am sure he is a changed man since coming to OSU. Notice I left off “the”. Then your new coach proceeds to come down south and steal enough playmakers so that you can dominate the [email protected]$$ Big 10, 12, 14, or whatever conference you call yourself. Obviously can’t count with those high faluting Big 10 degrees. Then you steal an invitation to the College Playoff. No team that gets blown out at home by lowly VTech deserves to be in the Championship Playoff. Amazing what po!itics and influence can accomplish even when it is undeserved by the recipient. How arrogant of you to come on a UK site and denigrate the SEC and our academics. I am sure all of those smarty pants Bucks players are taking EE or ME or other academically challenging courses to stay eligible. Please go back to your own board and revel in your superiority there. We know better here.

• Jeremywasch
      7:32 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

They cheated how? Urban grew up in what state? Learned to coach at what institution? Began his head coaching career in what state? Isn’t that the way the SEC plays football…with criminals, cheaters, and excused athletes from one school to another, athletes to the highest bidder?

Ohio punched Alabama in the mouth, then smacked the ducks around! Who voted them in to do that…12 people who were not even related to the Big10!

I bet you’re in bed with Phillis…your anger and jealousy sounds like just her!

15. Lowly SEC School
    3:39 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

Boy, there sure are a lot of people that came here to remind us how bad this kid is.

16. Bluetothebone...
    8:38 pm June 20, 2015 Permalink

There you are…did it again…can’t I at least get an answer since I am true CAT fan …What gives?

17. joe
    1:41 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

Wow. A Kentucky fan calling Ohio State cheaters for hiring Urban Meyer. UK has been on probation how many times?