Lynn Bowden Jr. to Jordan Watkins and the Louisville football program: “LOSERS”

Kentucky and Louisville football players spent their time feuding on social media Monday evening, but Lynn Bowden Jr. came in to end the noise with a solid drop of the mic to close out the night.

After Louisville football signee and former UK commit Jordan Watkins spent the evening poking fun at Kentucky’s run-heavy offense and the wide receivers who sign on to be a part of it, Bowden threw a jab at his team’s success over the Cardinals in recent years.

“I wonder what it’s like to go to college to play WR and block the whole time,” Watkins said to open the trash-talk floodgates. “Couldn’t be me.”

“You gone see how it is to lose too,” Bowden clapped back.

After a few more social media responses from Bowden, along with other UK players jumping in to take their shots, the newest Las Vegas Raider took one final shot at Watkins to close out the night.

It may have been just one word, but it was plenty.

“LOSERS,” Bowden said, adding a 30-second clip of his 284-yard, four-touchdown performance in Kentucky’s 45-13 victory over Louisville this past year.

Watkins throws shade at Kentucky’s lack of passing, Bowden Jr. throws shade at Louisville’s lack of winning.

I don’t know about you, but I think the former Wildcat’s argument is the strongest.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

9 Comments for Lynn Bowden Jr. to Jordan Watkins and the Louisville football program: “LOSERS”

1. 4everUKBlue
    12:20 am May 12, 2020 Permalink

Come see about it!

2. JASUN74
    2:04 am May 12, 2020 Permalink

I hope that’s all of that and the guys just leave it alone. I will say it was kinda funny but it’s time to get to work young men and get ready to show out on the field. I sure do love the fire of our guys though. Lol.

3. KatsKlaws
    2:17 am May 12, 2020 Permalink

always that one guy coming through with the predictable comment…smh

4. King Kelly Coleman
    8:20 am May 12, 2020 Permalink

He’s not exactly wrong, we get top level WR and they never get the ball. I can’t see why a top rated WR would want to come to KY. Ya’ll can say I’m not a UK fan or whatever but its true. We never have a QB that can get the WR the ball. I’d take winning over a passing game if that’s what it takes. However, the point that our WR pretty much block the whole time is fairly true.

• JTHinton
      10:11 am May 12, 2020 Permalink

The past four years we’ve had two JUCO QBs and an wide receiver-turned-quarterback. Gatewood is elite so I think things will change

• RAGE
      1:37 pm May 12, 2020 Permalink

Honestly I doubt it Hinton.. I am a True Blue fan but Stoops doesn’t want to throw the ball.. He had a QB last year that could throw the ball but yet he would rather play a WR at QB because he doesn’t want to open the offense up.. I am glad we won our last few games but it wasn’t exactly murderers row of games either… We got to end our season with Vandy a division 2 team and then 2 ACC schools that were over valued… I still don’t believe you can win against good teams with that style of offense.. But to think Stoops is just going to change and start throwing the football all over the field is crazy… Our WR are glorified blockers and only run 2 routes a fade and occasionally a drag route… TE only run a delayed route… I still think Beau Allen and this Wr from Lexington that just signedwith us made the decision to stay home.. which is fine and I would hope my boys would stay home but it wasn’t good choices for their football careers… I hope I am wrong but I don’t expect Allen to finish his career at UK

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      4:10 pm May 12, 2020 Permalink

We won with a balanced attack, and were beating UF with one as well until Sawyer got hurt. Of the 3 backups left 1 was a project who didn’t know the offense(Gilmore), and the other 2 were dealing with injuries as well(Wood and Nik). So saying Stoops chose Lynn is a little ignorant.
      Vs Toledo Pass 246y 2t Rush 176y
      Vs EMU Pass 222 2 Rush 239y (Terry leg injury)
      Vs UF Pass 276 2 Rush 140
      (Was winning until Sawyer wrist injury)
      Vs MSST Pass 232 Rush 140 (Sawyer played injured and injured shoulder)
      Vs S.Car Pass 97 (Sawyer played even more injured and no legitimate qb option)
      Vs Arkansas Bowden takes over

5. secrick
    9:22 am May 12, 2020 Permalink

You mean like the pass that won the ball game in last years bowl.