Lynn Bowden Has a Message for the Big Blue Nation

Saturday’s loss to Georgia was a rainy mess. Despite holding the No. 10 ranked Bulldogs to a scoreless first half, a culmination of bad weather, a mere two passing completions, and a shanked punt held the Wildcats back from what would have been a massive road win. Georgia would emerge victorious by a score of 21-0 and Kentucky now sits at 3-4 with five games left in the regular season.

A once-promising year has crumbled thanks to key injuries, but the ‘Cats star player isn’t giving up just yet, and he wants the Big Blue Nation to ride with him to the end. Lynn Bowden Jr. has a special message for UK football fans.

Kentucky’s next matchup is a winnable game against the 5-2 Missouri Tigers. Mizzou is coming off a disappointing 21-14 loss against Vanderbilt and Kentucky should have a healthier version of Sawyer Smith to help take the pressure off of Bowden. The Wildcats still have a good chance to hit the six-win mark and make a bowl game and a win over the Tigers would make that all the more likely. Upcoming games against Tennessee and Louisville aren’t going to be as easy to win as we might have thought at the beginning of the season. A win at home over Mizzou would boost the team’s postseason chances tremendously.

The loss to Georgia stings, especially since the game was tied 0-0 at the half, but the season is far from over. Bowden has trust in himself and his teammates and he’s asking fans to send back the same energy. There is a very real chance that Kentucky can win three, four, or even all five of its remaining games. There is also a good chance they win only one or two of them. Either way, Bowden wants the fans to rock with this team until the final whistle and he is at least owed that much considering everything he’s done for the program during a difficult season.

We are all Big Bowden Nation.

Article written by Zack Geoghegan

Covering all things NBA and UK Hoops. Follow me on Twitter: @ZGeogheganKSR

56 Comments for Lynn Bowden Has a Message for the Big Blue Nation

1. Southky
    4:09 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Uhhhh….this game isn’t winnable unless the Cats find some kind of offense.

• Bluehender
      10:05 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Uhhhh…You’re an idiot

• Southky
      7:01 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Bluehender I forgot. You worship at the idol of Terry and Lynn. I guess you are loving this offense. By the way, you are a moron you fool.

• Bluehender
      7:37 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

And you’re not a fan. The title of the story is Bowden wants BBN to get behind the team and the first comment is, we can’t win this game…you said it..get behind the team or take your negativity somewhere else…moron..

• Bluehender
      7:40 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

You’re saying we can’t beat a team that Vanderbilt just beat? And you want to call me a fool…check the mirror knucklehead..

• 4evrUKBlue
      8:23 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Bluehender, this guy would have to move up a few tiers to be considered an idiot, don’t waste your time. He’s probably in his meth lab about now.

• Southky
      8:28 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Ohh…..you really got me with the “I’m not a fan!!” Get a life looser.

• Bluehender
      8:33 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Thanks 4ever for bringing me back to reality…that’s exactly where he’s at..

• satcheluk
      8:43 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Agree with Bluehender. Our “Negative Nancy” fans are worse than opponents’ fans.

• Bluehender
      8:58 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Thanks satch..he’s proven his (head) case with his last comment..as 4ever said, a few tiers below an idiot

2. DavidP19
    4:17 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

It really doesn’t matter what you think about the coaching, play calling, etc. This kid has EARNED and DESERVES your respect and support.

• 4evrUKBlue
      4:57 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Yes he has!

• mashburnfan1
      9:30 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Yep and we will still be making the 3 plus hour drive each home game. 4ever what happened to your pic of Lynn on your postings, at least keep it till football is over then switch it to Hagans or Maxey?

• 4evrUKBlue
      10:55 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

My 4everUKBlue account got blocked for a comment I made on the serial killer article and when I set up this new one I can’t figure out how to link it to wordpress to change my pic. Pisses me off, I’m a huge Bowden fan.

• 4evrUKBlue
      10:55 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

if you notice it’s now 4evr instead of 4ever.

• 4evrUKBlue
      11:13 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Finally! I figured it out.

• mashburnfan1
      12:12 pm October 21, 2019 Permalink

did not notice the change just missed the pic.

3. BluKudzu
    4:27 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Bowden deserves all the accolades we can muster, the rest of it…..not so much.

UT and UL are getting better, this team keeps getting worse.

• Skooms
      5:13 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

What exactly is your definition of getting better? UT is not getting any better. They were supposed to be a 6-7 win team this season, NOT lose to Georgia State and BYU. You do realize that we’ve been underdogs in pretty much all of our losses right?

• BlueBanker18
      5:47 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Georgia State and BYU were their first two games so any improvement from there is technically “getting better”

• shelby3605
      8:10 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

We were tied with the 10 ranked team, on the road, at halftime … while playing our 4th team QB. Get sawyer back, and i think we win 7 or 8 which would be amazing considering our qb injuries

• mashburnfan1
      9:31 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

And we dominated another top 10 team in UF for 3 Quarters with a backup QB until the coaches went into their “play not to lose” 4th quarter calls.

4. catfansteve007
    4:51 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

BluKudzu,you are an idiot. Anybody he couldn’t see Improvement in the defense the last couple of games it’s completely ignorant.

5. cats646
    5:03 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

You got it from me Bowden!! I’ll be at every game yelling my ass off for you boys!! Keep fighting and make this season one to remember!! GO BIG BLUE!!

6. bigblue98
    5:16 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

We are with you, have never left, and will be there Saturday night. All of us rational fans realize the injuries and appreciate the hard work this team has put in. With the improvements the defense has made can’t wait for Sawyer to come back (even though Lynn has done a tremendous job). All of the fans who jumped off are going to want back on the bandwagon. Some of our football fans are like our basketball fans – they don’t realize the success of the players and staff the last few years. We lost our starting quarterback, but are still fighting for a bowl. A few years back we were winning between two and four games a year. Now Stoops and team have set the basement at a bowl game. Will support these guys till I die – GO CATS TILL THE BATTLE IS WON!

• satcheluk
      10:06 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Agreed!

7. Ridge Runner
    5:28 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Been hanging with the Cats since 1976.. Nothin’ will ever change for me!

8. BlueBanker18
    5:29 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I think a hell of a lot of Bowden as an individual player, and I hate that this is the last year that we’ll have him on our team. That being said, he’ll be better utilized in the NFL under an OC who knows how to play to win. Wrote this year off as a rebuilding year after the SC game and no amount of wins from here forward could make me change my mind. Our schedule has no quality games left on it. We should absolutely win out, but I doubt that will be the case. Call me a fair weather fan, but I actually went to the school so I don’t need to prove anything by staying interested this year. Ready for next season.

• You are a fair weather fan. Your next to last sentence confirms that. I’m sure Lynn and the team will miss you this year and not play as hard. Some people need to get over themselves. Some players have major injuries but the guys left playing are still fighting and deserve support from real fans.

• satcheluk
      10:07 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Turn in your fan card!

9. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    5:45 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Who cares. You guys suck right now. How about the team plays well for a change. And would be nice if Stoops and Gran would pull their head out of their ass.

• CatsfaninFL
      5:57 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

You suck more.

• 4evrUKBlue
      10:57 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

You guys??? What are you a UofLittleBrothel fan?

• catsarerunnin
      6:31 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure guys sucking is your passion Dilbert.

• Bluehender
      7:43 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

LittleBrothel fan..I like it..

10. TomKat9698
    6:24 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

If you don’t want to support the team, then get the HELL off this site!!! Don’t need your so-called support anyways and you are the definition of a fair weathered fan.

• satcheluk
      10:07 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Agreed!

11. TomKat9698
    6:27 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Who names themselves HOT STUFF anyways? Says a lot about your opinion, like who cares but yourself, right?

12. bkeith75
    6:46 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think he’s asking too much. As fans, we should be doing this anyway.

13. dcforuk
    7:16 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I am thankful that I have someone in my life that did not give up on me when the circumstances of my life were such that it would have been easy to give up on me. The word encouragement means to “fill up with courage.” I heard a thought leader ask/share this question once: “Do you want the Mr. Rogers response or the William Wallace response during times of struggle and adversity?” Lynn – we know you are a warrior! We come alongside you and your mates and your leaders to encourage you and to support you! Remember what Jimmy V shared! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNuCS5ZtPJg

14. Mad Max
    8:16 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

Unlike the fake fans, I’m always behind the BLUE!! Go Cats!! Win out!!

15. tdub
    8:35 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

GO CATS!

16. 4evrUKBlue
    9:39 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I’m in like Lynn! Go Cats!

• 4evrUKBlue
      11:04 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

That will go right over a lot of people’s heads who are to young to have heard the in like Flynn saying.

• runningunnin.454
      9:22 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

I thought it was, “In Like Flint”? James Coburn?

• 4evrUKBlue
      9:32 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

So did I and there is a movie by that name but, To be ‘in like Flynn’ is to be quickly and/or emphatically successful.

• runningunnin.454
      9:43 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Hah, if you remember Errol Flynn, you’re older than I am.

• 4evrUKBlue
      9:48 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

I vaguely remember him and I am older than you.

• runningunnin.454
      10:00 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

I see that Turner Classic Movies show his movies; but, I’ve never watched them…seem a little goofy.
      I’m more of a Bogart fan.

• 4evrUKBlue
      10:22 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

I never watched his movies, goofy is being kind. I didn’t realize he was an Aussie until today.

17. 4evrUKBlue
    11:17 pm October 20, 2019 Permalink

I’m back now that I got my LBJ avatar back. Come see about it!

18. notFromhere
    8:32 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

We’re behind you guys, Lynn Bowden!

The rest of what you see here and elsewhere are not UK fans. They’re just trolls. No way to know who they are. Wouldn’t want them as fans anyway

19. UKFanSC
    8:59 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Of course we’ll be behind you. That goes without saying. You’re our team !

20. Jesus H. Chrysler
    11:16 am October 21, 2019 Permalink

Players need to kill their social media. They don’t understand fan base frustrations. The only thing they can control is their response & how they play.

Bowden will soon learn how his social media comes into play as a job application