Lynn Bowden announces he is entering the 2020 NFL Draft

The Belk Bowl will be Lynn Bowden’s final game as a Kentucky Wildcat. The junior all-purpose threat just announced he is forgoing his senior year of eligibility and entering the 2020 NFL Draft, thanking fans for their support in a video on social media.

“What’s good, BBN? This is your quarterback, receiver, kick returner, and punt returner Lynn Bowden Jr. This is a moment I’ve dreamed of for a long time but there’s no way I could have gotten here without a lot of people. To my mom and my family, thank you for raising me. To my son, thank for your inspiring me.

To Coach Stoops and Coach Marrow, you believe in me, you believed in the person I could become. Coach Gran, Coach Hinshaw, and Coach Smith and all of my coaches, you challenged me, made me better, and put me in a position to succeed. My strength coaches and trainers were there every step of the way.

To the Big Blue Wall, I can’t say enough about you. The best O-Line in America. I couldn’t ask for a better set of teammates. You guys are my brothers.

To our fans, the Big Blue Nation, you took a kid from Youngstown, Ohio and helped me become a man. For that, this place is my forever home. It won’t be easy to leave that but now is my time to enter the 2020 NFL Draft. The memories we made here are something special. From a ten-win season last year to going back to my old position this year. I’ll be taking those memories with me wherever I go next.

But first we have one more game to win. For my last game in Kentucky Blue, I need all the BBN to come out and support us and help us get this bowl game win. Come see about it in Charlotte.”

Bowden, a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award for the nation’s most versatile player, currently leads the SEC and ranks ninth nationally in all-purpose yardage, averaging 153.0 yards per game (note that all-purpose yardage does not include Bowden’s passing yardage as a quarterback). He is one of only three players in the top nine nationally with rushing, receiving, punt return and kickoff return yards. Earlier today, he was named AP First Team All-SEC at the All-Purpose position.

He is a legend. Thank you, Lynn.

20 Comments for Lynn Bowden announces he is entering the 2020 NFL Draft

1. Rod Crandler
    3:42 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Good for him! Well deserved and hope he makes big $$$ in the near future.

2. ClutchCargo
    3:58 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

If he can end up with an organization smart enough to use him in creative ways, he could be something special in short order. Good luck, Lynn!

3. secrick
    4:16 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Good luck young man and thanks for being not only a player but a big fan of Kentucky. As you always say after a interview, GO BIG BLUE.

4. JoeBee
    4:56 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Lynn love’s Kentucky, you can see it and feel it. One of my favorite UK players of all time. Good luck Lynn!

5. J-Dub421
    5:05 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Best of luck in the NFL, Lynn. You have been a delight to watch the last three years.

6. CJKAssassin123
    5:07 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

He could of made more money coming back as a senior especially with the WR class weaker next year. Would of had a better chance of getting drafted the the top 2 rds of the draft I still think he will be a top 3 Rd pick maybe he gets himself drafted in the second round. Man he would be a great fit with the raiders and Titans. I also think he would flourish Washington and Cincinnati. I just can’t picture him going anywhere other than Seattle ,Amad Wagner fits the size and traits they like in a outside WR my be moved to TE because of his height would have to put at least 15-20 pounds on but that wouldn’t be hard. I mean if you are a 6’0 ft CB how do you cover a wideout in this league who is 6’7 how do you cover that? Trust me if you think it was easy to call Defensive PI because of him being Ahmad Flagner just wait till he gets to the league where they call PI or defensive a little more often in NFL. He would be a nice commodity down in the red zone.

• CJKAssassin123
      5:16 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

However going back to Bowden I’m very proud of him and what he meant to this program,and what he was able to accomplish while he was here it was not easy for him to change who he was as a player during the season and agree to be the QB and leader of this team and I think under the circumstances did a phenomenal job on such short notice and in a short period of time. I he deserves the chance to show the world what he is really made of and fulfil his dreams and the opportunity to provide a better life for his family and that is especially true for his son. I wish him the best of luck, and a very long and successful in the NFL. Now let’s go strangle the Hokies with our rushing attack!!!

• nocode96
      5:22 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

There’s this chick I follow on Facebook. I accidentally started following her because she has the same name of this girl I met and thought I was sending a friend request to her. She was only 14 when I started following her. As soon as I realized she wasn’t the person I was meaning to follow I went to unfollow her. But then I realized this 14 year old girl was hilariously stupid. She didn’t know why America would send a separate team from Georgia to the Olympics, she couldn’t figure out why elevators had buttons for the floor she was already on, and many other things I just saw and laughed. Anyway I never stopped following her because she was such a big source of my morning laughs.

She got pregnant at 15 because she thought you couldn’t get pregnant on the first time. She was sure that the 15 year old boy that got her pregnant was going to be a great daddy. Well the kid is 1 now and she always complains about him never being around and how he would rather stay at home bored than see his son and all the other crap any of us could have warned her about when she was certain she was going to be the one teenage mom whose baby daddy would actually hang around.

Anyway the reason I bring all that up is that through these 2 years I’ve followed this complete moron she has never written “could of” or “would of” when she meant “could have” or “would have”. So if this person can get it right, then so can you.

• CJKAssassin123
      7:03 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Sorry I meant to say I can’t see Ahmad Wagner going anywhere but Seattle I hate my phone keyboard.

• CJKAssassin123
      7:11 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

I also ment to say “wait untill he gets to the league where they call PI and defensive holding a little more often”. instead of saying “wait until he gets to the league where they call defensive PI or defensive a little more often in the NFL”. I swear on my father’s memorial grave located in the veterans cemetery in Radcliff KY(Fort Knox) that my phone keyboard will be the death of me!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      9:35 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Nocode, I was wondering where on earth you were going with that. That was pretty funny.

7. dhard
    5:21 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Simply put, thank Lynn Bowden.

8. JTHinton
    6:16 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

He’s earned it!

Glad to hear he’s playing the bowl game.

9. 4everUKBlue
    6:35 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Thank you Lynn Bowden Jr for all you’ve given this program, I wish you and your family all the best and success in the NFL. Lexington will forever be your home.

10. zoupman
    6:38 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Glad he is playing in bowl game. I would be disappointed in someone who quit on teammates.

• CJKAssassin123
      7:16 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

I honestly don’t think Stoops gave him a choice!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      9:33 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

It isn’t Stoops’ choice at this point. I honestly could blame Lynn if he didn’t play, but I’m glad he is.

Go get ‘em Lynn! Come see about it!

11. dwh58
    6:46 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Such an inspirational person himself!

12. cats646
    6:57 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Let’s go get one more W!!
    Come see about it!!!
    Thank you Lynn Bowden- LEGEND!!!!

13. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:47 pm December 9, 2019 Permalink

Thanks for the memories young man! You are awesome…good luck and God bless!