Lloyd Tubman headed to Junior College

3008152

Many of you have been asking what the situation is with Lloyd Tubman, the former UK defensive end who was suspended from the team indefinitely after a rape accusation last October. In February, a grand jury decided not to indict Tubman on the charge after hearing evidence and he will face no further chargers, but his future at Kentucky remained uncertain.

Now, 247 Sports’ Josh Edwards is reporting that Tubman will play at Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas this fall. He told Edwards he’s open to returning to UK next year, and thanked fans for their support.

“The fans were very supportive. The BBN was very great and very supportive through that and I appreciate that. When things came out, the public takes it the wrong way based on what it says on TV and just takes it and tumbles out of proportion. It’s growing a personal image. When the case was going on, I didn’t get any negative response from anybody or anything so I really do appreciate that.”

Best of luck to Lloyd at Trinity Valley.

[247 Sports]

23 Comments for Lloyd Tubman headed to Junior College

1. J-Dub421
    1:35 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Terrible what happened to him. Why women do these things we will never know. The only thing I do not agree with is his name was drug through the mud only to be found innocent and the accuser’s name will never be mentioned and she will continue her studies at UK while he cannot. I’m sure after spending a season at a JUCO some other team will pick him up. Best of Luck to Him

• J-Dub421
      1:40 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Please stop using my screen name.

• JW23
      1:44 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Is this better? My initials are freakin JW geez

• J-Dub421
      1:47 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

So are mine. I am logged in as a registered user and literally cannot change my screen name. It’s set. It makes things confusing when you post using the same screen name. I post on this site daily. I’m not trying to be a jerk, and asked nicely.

• J-Dub4:20
      1:55 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

:O

• JW23
      2:01 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Fair enough I will be using this name then. Idk who that other guy is

2. Grover Sales
    1:40 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Lloyd is a fine young man that was sadly set up by a vindictive young lady.I have known Lloyd since he was 15 and he is not a violent person.Good Luck to him at Trinity Valley..

• Bluetothebone
      2:05 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Grover…what about him saying he could be back to UK in a year…is this still a possibility on his part…

3. Ben
    1:47 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

He was not found innocent, there was not enough evidence to bring charges against him. Only he and his accuser know the truth. He may be innocent or guilty! That is why most cases like this are never brought forward, because it is one word against another. no real way to prove guilt or innocence.

I thought he could not return to UK! Without hearing the evidence, that charge seems rather harsh. Did they change the ruling and allow him to return after a year? A sad situation in which no one wins.

• Cats paw
      2:24 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Ben….you are way too intelligent to be a UK fan!! Thanks for allowing me to believe there are a few people left in this world that don’t give a free pass to a rapist because he plays sports! If there was nothing to this story and he was found innocent, there is no way in the world he wouldn’t be at
      UK this very moment!

• GoodLuckProvingANegative
      2:53 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

It isn’t Tubman’s job to prove his innocence and exactly how would he go about doing so? Perhaps you’re posting from an eastern bloc nation but you should know in America the accused is given the presumption of innocence. And Cats paw I do believe you’re talking out your ass and calling another human being a rapist with no basis in fact. If you think Ray Larson would give a pass to a UK athlete on such a charge then I KNOW you’re talking out your ass.

• GDonR
      3:08 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Shove it, Cats Paw. Such a dickhead.
      Tubman got screwed by a bunch of goody two shoes student virgin geek-wanna-bes who collectively haven’t attended a football game in their lives. All guys…even you Cats Paw…are easy targets for women with an alternate agenda. A friend of mine is going through the same thing and he is definitely not a rapist. He just happened to sleep with a psychopath, which, apparently is the mistake Tubman made, too.

• what!!
      3:24 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Ben and catspaw are ignorant. Yes there was no evidence because there was nothing showing he did anything wrong!! The girl was probably angry he broke up with her not wanting to have a girlfriend during his freshmen yr in college! What other way to get back at him by saying he raped her. As a previous comment said ts not guilty until proven innocent its innocent until proven guilty.

• Ben
      4:11 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Probably is a ignorant reply by What! I enjoy the heated response by most parties in a matter that no one really knows what happened. What!!, you are the ignorant one! There is too much anger with very little facts. Either side could be at fault and no one knows for sure. The school would not ban him for no reason at all.

• Cats paw
      4:20 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

GdonR….from the description you have provided, the victim must have been your daughter?

4. Dough Pelfrey's Facemask
    2:01 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Good luck to him. I hope he’s able to come out of this a stronger and smarter person.

5. But I thought
    2:27 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

I was under the impression that UK’s student conduct review had banned him from campus for four years regardless of the outcome of outside legal proceedings. Any official word on this?

6. JW23
    2:27 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

WAAAAHHHHH!

7. Gloria Steinem's Athletic Protector
    3:35 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

This is the problem with the hyperbolic panic surrounding sex on campus. Most college-aged people know more about consent than their elders, there are strong criminal laws against non-consensual sex, and it is the university’s role to provide an education, not a safe environment. Men are being foxed, boxed, and doxed with absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing by these universities. Tubman should sue the hell out of UK for wrongfully punishing him.

• Cats paw
      4:22 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

I’ll give you once guess why he hasn’t sued UK? I’m sure you feel all those fine young boys at Louisville were wrongly accused also, huh?

• CardFan502
      5:02 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Ayy, Cats Paw, keep Louisville out yo mouth! You a UK fan, I thought?

• Ha!
      7:10 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

The difference between Tubman and all the Louisville players is that the Louisville players ARE STILL ON THE TEAM!! And their fans are proud of it.

8. GroundControlToNumber9
    10:07 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

“Wanna Fahk?” with a live recorder in my hand has always kept me on the team.