LIVE: Watch Mark Stoops explain what the hell we just watched

Article written by Drew Franklin

42 Comments for LIVE: Watch Mark Stoops explain what the hell we just watched

1. 3 fan
    11:36 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

“All I can say is that it will cost you $11 million for me to go away”

2. plumloopy
    11:38 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

Oddly, firestoops.com is already registered…. three years ago.

• ukkatzfan
      12:11 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

I have been and will stay with Stoops. That was just one game this season. Down 7-0, where did all of y’all stand? When score was 35-10?

3. scorpiocard
    11:43 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

AIR RAID!!! YHATZEE!!! LMFAO!!!

4. Mathlete
    11:46 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

Do the world a favor and hang yourself from the rafters of the Yum Center

5. Billy Hill
    11:47 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

JUST REMEMBER FOLKS…
    Joker Phillips had a better record than Stoops.

• ukkatzfan
      12:16 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Let it be made clear, Joker inherited a consistent bowl team, would praise the 2 stars he recruited and turned the team into a 2 win team. Stoops, on the other hand, inherited Joker’s jokes and is building a team. If you or anyone else put Stoops in the same class or below Joker, you or they are dumber than your name and pic.

• Billy Hill
      7:54 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Stoops has brought in UK’s best recruiting classes several years in a row. Still can’t beat Joker’s record. What’s the problem?

6. UKCatAttack
    11:49 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

Fire Stoops tonight and promote Vince Marrow to interim head coach. Somebody has to pay for this dumpster fire and I can only think of one person. Mark Stoops!

7. CB3UK
    11:50 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

Fire his @$$.

• maximsm
      11:53 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

Our Great A.D. gave him an extension so we can’t nopt until next year…Great A.D.

8. jsgolfman
    11:50 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

So, coach, it seemed they ran the same off tackle play consistently in the second half, yet you were incapable of adjusting to it. How do you explain that? I’ll hang up and listen…

• UKPROF
      12:00 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

“well, that’s an easy one, DJ Eliot is our defensive coordinator.”

9. KatsKlaws
    11:51 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

So who do you guys think will be the early names to replace Stoops?

10. maximsm
    11:52 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

He should do the right thing and admit defeat then resign

11. pithuahua
    11:53 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

The offensive line is remarkably awful for experienced players.The running game is weak and Boom is still running out of bounds. This is apparently Kentucky football or just call it the curse of the Bear.. We SUCK!!

12. UKPROF
    11:54 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

I left the game at half time when we gave up the touchdown with less than a minute in the half. I called my brother in Tennessee (at home watching the game on TV) while I was walking out of the stadium and told him UK was going to give up a huge lead and lose the game in the second half. Too many years watching UK football, I knew it the second Southern Miss scored at the end of the half that we were DONE. We did not score another point, but they sure did! I have now had enough Stoops and DJ Eliot. If you can’t coach, you can’t coach! Don’t be mad at me, I have been a strong supporter, for years, I just can’t take it anymore, too embarrassing.

13. KatsKlaws
    11:54 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

Hmm, I wonder is that misdemeanor Meant committed isn’t looking so bad in Stoops eyes now….Looks like the defense could have used him tonight….his strict policy just cost his ass his job.

14. KingTurk
    11:55 pm September 3, 2016 Permalink

I guess drew didn’t think how a loss would effect those new hats and shirts

15. blueballs80
    12:03 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Elliot has to go!!

16. kycats13
    12:04 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Hey Drew, don’t you guys yuk it up on the sideline until the clock reads 0:00

17. jeff2tonya
    12:16 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

I was going to say, “I cannot believe we just lost another game that we had a sizable lead in!!!” I just said it….. but I can believe it. Been watching UK football for too long. The sports writers predicted that UK had a 78% chance of winning this game. What happened?

18. gcat4496
    12:17 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

It’s the way they lost this game. Up 35-10 with 30 seconds to go in the half. Total domination. And then boom, 34 unanswered points to Southern Miiss, a Conference USA school with a brand new coach. Southern Miss totally dominated the 2H. The Cats looked hapless and totally outmatched in every phase of the game. Now 8 SEC games plus Louisville awaits this team. I would guess they finish up around 2-10 to 4-8 at best. Another thought, either these players are not being developed or they were way overrated coming out of high school.

19. ukkatzfan
    12:28 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

I am for Stoops !!! And I will stay a fan of his !!! I do think his biggest problem is all the redneck fair weather fans who think a football coach can turn around a football team like Cal did with the basketball team and after one game this season want to fire him.

• maximsm
      12:38 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

What about Stoops makes you think he can coach?

• beauleonard
      1:07 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Let me tell you something, I am neither a redneck, nor a fair weather fan! I have been witnessing and hoping for something better than the same garbage that I have received for last 35 years! You can cast your loyalty stone in a different direction. I am sick and tired of the same shit result! I feel like my loyalty deserves better than the results of tonight. So why don’t you shut up!

• Billy Hill
      7:56 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Did it take Cal 4 years to turn around the basketball team?

20. BluKudzu
    12:43 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

I am an isiot, I believe what Barnhart and Stoops says, I will pay for stupid priced tickets, and I will five up my seats, and parking pass for someone else.
    Defensively Stoops is the best, it really was the players and not the DC.
    Anybody not following Stoops or Barnhart is a Louisville fan and is hurting the program. All you people that …..you wait and aee 5 nore years and we will be competitive with Vandy. It takes so much time ti build a prare ti
    Ahhh, BS, Barnhaet shid the bed with rhis hire…..we might nit win 4. Go cats red of losing, have no idea how hard it is ro build a program. Stoops is a defensive genius, you just can’ see how much better we are than when Joker was here. Joker drove the program into the ground, poor milliona8Stoops has so much to over “one.

21. BluKudzu
    6:37 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

^^^^^^dumbass fan believing Barnharts BS.

22. brentg
    6:58 am September 4, 2016 Permalink

Mark Stoops had a reputation as a “defensive coach” when we hired him. He hasn’t had one since he has been here.