Listen to Drake Jackson’s radio debut, with comments from Kash Daniel

UK commit Drake Jackson filled in for Dick Gabriel as host of Big Blue Insider on WLAP last night and he did an outstanding job. The kid has a future in radio if he wants it. He really did well for a first timer. Way to go, Drake.

Anyway, the four-star lineman was joined by a panel of Kentucky high school football stars, including fellow UK commit Landon Young and UK’s top in-state target, Kash Daniel.

Daniel, who used the trip to Lexington to visit campus again, spoke about his recruitment and his Wednesday visit to UK. He said, “While I’m in Lexington (for the radio show), I might as well stop by and get one more visit in before the decision. I went in and I talked to Coach Eliot, Coach Stoops and Coach Schlarman, I’ve got a real good connection with those guys.”

Daniel also told his friends and radio listeners the new Commonwealth Stadium is looking “pretty awesome.”

There’s also good stuff from the guys on what it’s like to attend camps and take college visits. Definitely give it a listen. (After today’s KSR, of course.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Listen to Drake Jackson’s radio debut, with comments from Kash Daniel

1. jdarren1963
    11:21 am June 18, 2015 Permalink

Is that a UK cap that Kash is wearing?

2. 2007CAT
    11:46 am June 18, 2015 Permalink

I am just finding it hard to believe he would pick anyone other than UK. KY boy, making extra trips, and seems to be close to some of the guys…Anything is possible but UK looks good right now

• Allison
      12:23 pm June 18, 2015 Permalink

We thought the exact same things about Damien Harris. I sincerely hope he commits to UK, but I have a hard time letting myself think that UK is his pick. Too many variables right now, but I guess we will know soon enough. Go Cats.

• 2007CAT
      5:44 pm June 18, 2015 Permalink

Very true. However, Harris was being sought after by Alabama and OSU…South Carolina is not quite on that level. As you said, we shall see soon enough. Just hope one finally falls in our favor!

3. UKCrewser
    2:20 pm June 18, 2015 Permalink

That was better talk radio than 80% of the shows out there! I see Summer Guest Hoist on KSR…….

4. Dee W.
    12:57 am June 19, 2015 Permalink

Very well done show – seemed very organized – and obviously comfortable in his own skin.