KSR’s 2016 Football Season Staff Predictions

2016fbstaffpredictions

It took a little bit of arm twisting, but I managed to get the entire KSR staff’s predictions for this season. Check out everyone’s picks in the handy graphic above. Some of us even chipped in some brief thoughts on the season. I’ll go first.

I’ve already outlined the reasons why the Southern Miss game is the most important game of the season. If Kentucky gets the win tomorrow — and I think they will — they’ll take care of New Mexico State, Austin Peay, South Carolina, and Vandy at home. Even though I have the Cats losing to Mississippi State, I think they’ll knock off Missouri on the road. While I have high hopes for this squad, I don’t think they’re above having a slip up or two, hence the loss to Dan Mullen and the Bulldogs.

Nick Roush:

“Becoming bowl eligible comes down to winning three of these four – Miss. State, Vandy, South Carolina and Missouri. I don’t expect Mizzou to be any good, but it’s on the road. As much as I believe our players have enough fortitude to get revenge on last year’s loss at Vanderbilt, that game probably scares me even more than the trip to Columbia. Either way, I’m (once again) confident six is realistic by the end of the season with the chance for a surprise or two.”

Maria:

“The Florida and Missouri games can go either way. With a new quarterback in Del Rio, that Florida game is interesting. We’ve come close to beating Florida the past couple of seasons. Maybe we can get a little payback for the play clock malfunction the last trip to Gainesville. Then with the Missouri game, it was a disaster the last time we traveled to Columbia, Missouri. Let’s not do that again. Between Georgia and Mississippi State, I went with MSU as our “signature” win of the season. I don’t think we can contain Nick Chubb and Mississippi State no longer has Dak Prescott. Regardless, we’re going bowling this year! New Year’s in Music City? Let’s do it. If it’s Shreveport? I’ll take it too. Go Cats!”

Jared Lorenzen:

“I am praying that I am wrong, but until we win on consistent basis this is what I think. Again I really hope I’m wrong. And yes, I love this team and will continue to support it and the staff.”

Ryan Lemond:

“I don’t care if it’s the toilet bowl or the cereal bowl or the dog food bowl – just get the 6 wins and get to a bowl!!!”

Can’t say it any better than that.

21 Comments for KSR’s 2016 Football Season Staff Predictions

1. Billy Hill
    12:32 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

Every single Gomer picked Louisville to win? Ha!

• cats paw
      1:17 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

you mean that team that you keep saying put up 56 points yesterday? lmao. do you even watch football?

2. Howdy Doody
    12:41 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

What J Lo said…

3. Sticky Ceiling
    12:48 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

Who is Maria?

• Mathlete
      1:28 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

she’s part of the radio show in a support role

4. Souf beach Lou
    1:02 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

I see you STD. After last night every team besides UT in the SEC east should feel a lot better about their chances after watching UT almost choke that game away. Of course it makes the UF game tougher because you know they’ll be gunning for them as well.

5. rickwhitetx
    1:04 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

Everyone has six or seven wins except Jared. Then again, Jared thinks we never landed on the moon. So, throw his predictions out.

6. wildcat502
    1:21 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

I see us beating
    Southern Miss
    New Mexico State
    Vandy
    South Carolina
    Mississippi State
    Missouri
    Austin Peay
    And we will upset one of the 3 (Georgia, Tennessee or Louisville)
    Louisville looked good last night, but we beat Charlotte last year 58-10. Lets see how they do against Florida St and Clemson. I`m still not sold on their offensive line and second string defense.
    If we cant win 7 this season, against a down SEC East, then we haven`t made that jump forward. The east wont be down, like this season, every year. Georgia and Florida are breaking in new QB`s and Tennessee will lose a game or 2 they shouldn`t.

• Mathlete
      1:36 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

UGA is starting a 5th year senior in Greyson Lambert, he was at UVA last year so he’s new to UGA but hardly a rookie

7. highway119
    1:51 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

I like Drew’s prediction of beating FL, but if we do that, we host MS ST with a 5-1 record, only losing to AL, and all but guaranteed a bowl game. In that scenario, I think the have the confidence to win that one, and then with the likely hood of being 7-1 and ranked, pull off one against GA, TN or loserville. I know 9-3 sounds really far-fetched, but why not. That is “if” we beat FL. Otherwise, my predictions go right with Maria’s: 7-5.

8. CatManDo
    2:27 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

I have the same selections as Maria, even though after looking at it, that would mean we would have 3 straight SEC wins and 4 out of 5. Not sure how many times that has happened.

9. kjd
    3:21 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

JL says he loves the team and supports them. Must not like the coaching staff then to pick S Miss to win. Coach did bench your boy.
    Cats 42-21.

10. wallcrawler
    3:43 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

Jared is just being realistic. This season can go either way. We beat southern miss we win 7 to 8 games. We lose to southern miss we win 3 to 4 games

11. wallcrawler
    3:44 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

And does everyone keep forgetting that southern miss is ranked pretty far ahead of uk?

12. miggy911
    3:49 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

hmmmm…… and how do you expect to improve on the record when we have no defensive line. It will be more porous than last year when we were terrible????? I can’t wait til tomorrow night however by halftime I’ll be mad as hell but no worse than the past 45 openers.

13. Craig Sagers Suits
    4:04 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

After years of bagging on the Hefty Lefty and wondering why he is in the UK Football hall of fame with a sub 500 W/L record, and over-inflated stats due to the hideous nature of this program’s history in terms of decent players over the years, I have to agree with his record total of 4-8 being selected. This program has my support like he said, but, I’m tired of losing and mediocrity which is the reason I’m difficult on believing any hype given every year.

In an unrelated note: I like how I’m seeing on facebook and other media fans coming out and having the wait and see approach I got roasted for last year instead of getting all hyped and excited for a football season, only to be let down in disappointment, again. I’m glad some folks are waking up and the fact that there are tickets still to be had (10k for instance) for the opener vs a sell out last year is a sign of this.

14. 2Dogs
    4:35 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

It wouldn’t be a KSR article about UK football without someone mentioning the clock “issue” in the Florida game. Give it a rest. Our time has come and gone to beat the gators. And it doesn’t matter whether or not Prescott is gone, State is a better program with a better coach. I’m very surprised someone didn’t pick us to beat Louisville. After last year’s game I would think that game is very winnable.

15. largebluej
    4:38 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

More Maria!!

16. redesignco
    7:52 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

I just wanna put this out there somewhere: I love Maria.

Oh, and 7-5.

17. damage_control
    8:00 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

I love you Matt, but if they can’t beat Vandy at home they will lose to Miss St by 21 (again). I don’t know why you get on this kick before every season that UK is going to beat MSU but it needs to stop.

18. damage_control
    8:03 pm September 2, 2016 Permalink

Where’s Nanny the Dude’s picks?!?!?