KSR Show Thread 6/4: Freddie Maggard is here!

After a day of football talk on Wednesday with Nick Roush, KSR is calling in yet another expert to break down the Cats.

This morning, KSR football guru Freddie Maggard is set to throw on his headset and join the show to answer any and all of your gridiron-related questions for two hours.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

61 Comments for KSR Show Thread 6/4: Freddie Maggard is here!

1. Realme
    10:01 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Freddie for President! Seriously, please?

10:05 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

^^^Like^^^

We never have gotten our like button back. *sigh*

• ClutchCargo
      10:06 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Could do worse. And will, given the choices we will have.

10:28 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I mean, I’d settle for Ryan. Our choices are that bad.

10:44 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Sorry rlee, Trump didn’t turn Washington into a war zone. Antifa did that.

10:46 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

And no, I don’t agree with everything Trump says or does, but if these mayors had a backbone their cities wouldn’t be burning. We need more Giulianis in office. New York wouldn’t be burning if he was still mayor.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

NYC has an 8 p.m. curfew; that didn’t help, two police officers were shot, and one was stabbed last night.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:03 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

A brief return to the “Summer of Love”

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:05 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

FREDDIE, YES!!!

10:08 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

BTW, I am 99% certain that Freddie was the QB when I saw UK play Bama in T-town back in I think 1988. It was a very close game, and if any of you were watching on TV, Al Baker dropped a pass in the end zone. That hurt! Anyway, it was Bill Curry’s last year at Bama before he bolted for UK.

10:15 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Actually I just looked it up, but the only thing I found was that he was a freshman that year and played in 7 games. UK doesn’t seem to have the archive of media guides on their site like they used to.

10:22 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Check that. It was 89 because that was Claiborne’s last year at UK before retiring. I still can’t find game by game stats, only season & individual player stats information here: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/kentucky/index.html

10:32 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Sorry to bore you all (too late I know!), but I see we lost 15 – 3. I thought it was a little bit closer than that, so even if Baker had caught that pass we still needed more. I see Freddie did play that year but I still didn’t find individual game stats.

10:44 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

You could ask Freddie.

10:46 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I might tweet him sometime.

4. Realme
    10:10 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

So who knew carbon monoxide detectors are designed to let you know they are dying (at about the 7 year point) by double screech beeping every 30 seconds until you deal with them. Not me. Guess where our builder decided to put one, 7 years ago? At the top of our vaulted ceiling. Monsters. Of course it started at 12:17 minutes after I went to bed. Positively traumatizing.
    I know for a fact that horrible thing can talk. How about a grandmother voice just gently letting me know and then shutting up for a while?

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

That’s awful. Hopefully you all have a tall enough ladder that you could deal with it then.

• runningunnin.454
      10:14 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m really really sorry…but that made me laugh.

• ClutchCargo
      10:17 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

My wife and I learned how quickly we can jump out of bed at 5:00 a.m. once when the talking smoke detector started yelling “FIRE!” when the heat came on the first time in the fall and all of that dust heated up.

10:17 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

You and me both RG.

Realme, were you all able to get it taken down last night? Of did you have to shoot it or hurl a projectile at it?

10:19 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

That’s a no on the ladder. Spouse had to come home from work and climb onto a chair, which was on top of a table. So, totally safe, in other words.
      RG you’re welcome I guess?

10:21 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

We don’t even have any gas power or fireplace. And I’ve never once forgotten to turn the car off in the garage.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Don’t you hate machinery? The garage gave me a loaner one time when they were working on my car. It was one of those “talking” cars. It told me every 10 seconds that the washer fluid was LOW. Damn thing didn’t tell me once that it was out of gas; made it three blocks.

• ClutchCargo
      10:27 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

It’s probably overkill without gas heat, appliances, etc. Somewhere along the way, somebody freaked out about cars and lawn mowers in the garage and now it’s kind of standard practice to install those.

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

At least you had a clean windshield to look through so you could see the AAA truck coming with a gas can, rg. 🙂

10:29 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Realme, that would be a definite OSHA violation in the workplace. haha

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Nah, Clutch; I walked the three blocks back to the garage. Wanted to have a word (or thirty) with them.

11:18 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I don’t blame you RG. Talk about a lack of prioritizing if that car told you something as non-essential (I hate that phrase now BTW) as wiper fluid was low but not gas? Someone was drunk when they made that decision.

• runningunnin.454
      11:22 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

No doubt; I think it was a Chrysler.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:20 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m currently watching Outer Banks on Netflix, pretty good so far. I’m watching Space Force next.

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

My next door neighbors highly recommended Outer Banks. But they have totally different tastes in TV shows than I do, so I took it with a grain of salt.

10:23 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m not even gonna tell y’all what I’m bingeing right now. Too embarrassing.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:27 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I questioned Outer Banks at first because a lot of the younger kids were watching it, didn’t think it would be my cup of tea. But then my dad recommended it and he doesn’t watch a lot of TV at all. It has a really good story line.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

There’s no judgment here on our entertainment choices right now, Realme.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:30 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Started Holey Moley randomly yesterday too. I have to take it in spurts, I can’t binge it. It’s a modern comedy version of Wipeout from back in the day.

10:37 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Holey Moley is a fave of ours.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:38 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I can’t golf to save my life, but I could win Holey Moley. I’m an animal on the putt-putt course.

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I love me some miniature golf! Favorite thing to do as a family in the evenings in Panama City or Myrtle Beach.

10:42 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I want to play that course so bad. Not for tv, just to play it. Someone should franchise it.

10:47 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Some on Realme! Fess up! You’re binge watching Bubble Guppies, aren’t you? No? The Wiggles?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:57 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I agree. Make the course, franchise it…just make sure you have the signed waiver!

11:00 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Fine it’s Vampire Diaries. I’m going to hide in the closet now.

• ClutchCargo
      11:06 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Hey, I felt a little dirty after having watched season 2 of Goliath. Then I got through one episode of season 3 and just couldn’t do it anymore. Season 1 was pretty good, though.

• ClutchCargo
      11:11 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

But there is no part of me that will ever get bored enough to sit down and watch Tiger King. I could only get through about 15 minutes of that, and I was motivated to watch it because of all the hype.

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

RM, is Lestat Krzyzewski in that?

• Laker Cat 18
      11:19 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

I watched Tiger King. It’s an interesting documentary. The thing that makes it unique is that the weirdness is still ongoing in real life. With the forgery of Baskin’s husband’s will being confirmed just yesterday I believe.

11:22 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Haven’t tried Tiger King yet, but usually am a fan of a Netflix doc about weirdos.

11:22 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

RG the vampires are much, much prettier than that.

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Hah!

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:42 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Realme, there you go. Freddie spoke to you. He said the QB job is Terry’s and there is no competition.

10:46 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Okay, but then what about when it’s Gatewood vs Allen after that? Just kidding I know we want as many good qbs as possible.

• ClutchCargo
      10:55 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Sounds like a good problem to have. 🙂 Much better than having to try to find somebody with a pulse who *can* play QB.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:57 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

“Any fool can make something complicated.It takes a genius to make it simple”…….Woody Guthrie

8. ClutchCargo
    10:57 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

This guy is determined to talk as much “futtbawl” as he can before his call gets appreciated. lol

9. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:58 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

PREACH IT FREDDIE! People continuing to rate Muschamp over Stoops is total idiocy. It’s only because he was HC at UF and the HC in waiting at Texas.

11:53 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

That is what is called perception over reality BTW.

10. ClutchCargo
    11:09 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Okay, so the mod bot doesn’t want me to wonder why only Matt was furloughed.

11:20 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

At least while he’s on fUrLoUgh his writers still start their articles about Chris Oats by reminding us that Matt reported that he was in the hospital first, smh.

11. ClutchCargo
    11:29 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

People need to pump the brakes on Bowden for rookie of the year. I don’t know that they have a clear enough picture of how he will be used to really say how effective he will be right out of the gate.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

That was an awesome statement, though; and, would make me very very happy.