KSR Show Thread 12/3: A new (and improved) Louisville Man

On Monday evening, KSR’s Drew Franklin broke the internet (literally) doing what he does best: making fun of Louisville and its fanbase.

Today, Franklin will hop on KSR with Ryan Lemond and Shannon the Dude to break down what being a new and improved Louisville Man means and how he single-handedly managed to shut down KSR for the majority of Monday evening.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

48 Comments for KSR Show Thread 12/3: A new (and improved) Louisville Man

1. Realme
    10:06 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

After Drew yesterday, U6 fans are so ruined, I almost feel bad for them.
    ….
    ….
    ….
    Okay I lied. I love it when they completely melt down.

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Where are you seeing all the UL meltdown. I looked at the Chron, and most of the comments just said they lost to a better team. Mostly complimentary of our OL and the defense, and our running game.
      I really didn’t see any complaints about the L’s down thing…except from their coach.

• Realme
      10:15 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

They are crying all over Twitter. Fans and media. And one was having a complete fit on Drew’s article.

• ClutchCargo
      10:17 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the 502istriggered guy was in rare form in the comments. But I don’t get on Twitter much and haven’t heard from a real live person anything except humility. Satterfield does deserve the flak he was getting for his whining, even though I think he is actually a good guy.

• StillBP
      10:19 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

yeah I don’t have Twitter but I went to Drew’s twitter page and read the comments on the Louisville Man thread. It was an entertaining way to spend my first half hour at work.

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

It is fun watching them melt down. They were really overconfident before our game and got slapped with reality. Drew’s Louisville Man article yesterday was gold. Pure gold, Jerry!

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Oh, I don’t get on twitter much, either. Looking forward to UL v Michigan, and Dook v Mich State tonight…should tell us a lot.
      Now, have to go to dentist, my favorite thing in the whole wide world; catch y’all later…have a good one.

• StillBP
      10:25 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, enjoy this science and math from a UofL fan I know: (copied from his Fb page)
      1) Let me see here. UK went from 10 wins to 7, UofL went from 2 wins to 7. I love how both schools are trending. Enjoy your win UK fans, while we enjoy your future.
      2) you won fewer games this year than last. We were picked to only win 4. Both schools are trending. But trending in different directions. Enjoy your win, I’ll enjoy your future
      3) It’s called statics and math. You’re on a downward trend line. Enjoy your win.
      4) are you arguing against math and science?! Sounds like a uk fan. simple math and trend analysis
      5)water eventually goes back to its level

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, and totally ignoring that the ACC is a 1 team league. Outside of Clemson it’s a Group of 5 conference.

• Realme
      10:30 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Our only admitted Who-a-ville (Whoisville?) fan on my floor at work has been strangely quiet ever since the Whores in Dorms scandal.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Clearly we screwed up by winning 10 games last year instead of only 2, because it’s harder to improve. Those illogical people who try (unsuccessfully) to use logic are the best! Thanks for reminding me that I did myself a solid by deleting my FB account. 🙂

• StillBP
      10:33 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

haha yeah I just can’t let my Fb go, it’s so easy to keep up with friends from HS who I still want to chat with, just not over the phone or in person 🙂 and family who lives out of state.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

And they are trending upward, but that guy is acting like they won 10 and we won 2, sorta, when we’ve both won 7 and we play in a tougher conference. Props to Clemson, but until FSU rises again, or someone rises, they’re a 1 team league.

• StillBP
      10:39 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Hard to trend downward from 2 wins, so yeah upward it is for them!

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Only to a UofL fan does one season out of the past 7 represent a trend.

• RealCatsFan
      10:58 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Point # 5 about water reaching its level – except in the UL dorms, where it reaches the ceiling!

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

The SEC is a much harder conference than the ACC. Vandy would be one of the better teams in the ACC and they’re perennially at the bottom of the SEC.

Also we lost our starting QB, then our back-up QB, and had to play a WR at QB.

• DelrayCat
      11:22 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Saying Vandy would be a top tier team in the ACC is foolish. Granted, there are fewer teams at the top, but the middle of the ACC is solid. UVa, Vtech, Miami, FSU, Pitt, Wake, etc. Vandy would be below even Duke, NC, and Syracuse. If UK ends up playing Virginia or Va Tech in a bowl game…I hope our fanbase doesn’t get a lot of egg on their face thinking they are garbage. Those teams are both very good and easily compete with the likes of the middle tier of the SEC.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Delray, I’ll give you UVa and VaTech, but that’s it. Louisville is second in their half of the ACC behind Clemson. Miami and FSU have the potential to rebound and be good in a few years, but they’ve both been down for the last few years. The rest of the ACC is crap.

2. secrick
    10:13 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

That was some good writing by Drew, maybe his best. Loved the butt kicking we put on the Sat. and i never feel sorry for them.

3. secrick
    10:22 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Even the Louisville radio show was getting on Satterfield for crying about the L’S down.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

That was a strangely bad look for a head coach. If he is really that thin skinned, that was only the beginning of what he can expect.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

It was almost like a little kid tattling on another kid, and the parent saying “I don’t care about all of that, stop with the tattling.”

• Realme
      10:26 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, his L’s down will live forever now. I guess he really didn’t get the rivalry before Saturday.

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Again, anyone who runs around throwing up their hand-gestures when they win, should expect to be mocked with it when they lose. That’s how this works. Don’t want to be mocked with L’s down? Then don’t run around throwing L’s up everywhere. The end.

4. Realme
    10:32 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

They are making me drool. Doughnuts are the ultimate temptation to me. Then after I eat them I remember it wasn’t worth it. Until the next time someone brings them to work. Have had Spaldings, impressive how they cram that extra grease in there. Never had Dough Daddy’s.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Hot Krispy Kremes are incredible.

• StillBP
      10:35 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Dough Daddy’s is really good. Anytime I go past it (on my way back to Lex from a road trip) I stop in and pick up some donuts.IMO, Spaldings is better than Dough Daddy’s, but Dough Daddy’s has wayyyy more variety. Also looking forward to Frank’s Donuts opening in a few days down the road from Spaldings. Franks is good and cheap. Can get a dozen for $7, compared to about $10/doz everywhere else.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

The ultimate doughnut lover.

• ClutchCargo
      11:17 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I used to like donuts, but I have gotten to the point that I don’t like sweets much at all anymore. Plus, all that sugar gives me a stomach ache more often than not.

• Realme
      11:20 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I wish I had that problem, Clutch.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:32 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Guys, I just checked out the KSR fan shop, and I think this is the vehicle that the guys should always take their road trips in:

Oh, and by the way, I can post links now! Take that Frenchies! Maybe the “Like” button will be back after all!

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

You would be amazed at the prices that restored VW Microbuses are fetching.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:36 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

By the way guys, how did Will Muschamp not get fired? I heard they’ve announced he’s staying (I haven’t looked it up…a coworker told me). Did the win over UGA save him, even after a 4-8 season?

• secrick
      10:58 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Thought sure he would get fired but who the heck you gong get to replace him

• cats646
      11:00 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I think the better question is HOW DID THEY BEAT UGA???! Lol

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I think he has a huge buyout too, and it would have been really expensive to get rid of him.

7. cats646
    10:54 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Yessir!! I think we will be in the playoffs within the next three years! I may be optimistic but I seriously think we’ll have enough talent.

• ClutchCargo
      11:15 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

The planets would have to line up just right, but that’s true of 2 or 3 of the other teams that make it every year. At least we are in a conference that provides us a shot if we’re good enough..

8. 4everUKBlue
    11:16 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Bama lost a lot more than Tua, they lost 2 veteran linemen before the season started and a third early in the season. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28203190/alabama-issues-were-too-deep-keep-college-football-playoff-streak-alive

9. secrick
    11:28 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I have to be for Michigan and Michigan State tonight. I know it’s awful .

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

The lesser 2 of 4 evils.

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Anything else would be more awful. lol

• Realme
      11:33 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Go Wolverines and Go Spartans! Except for past rapeyness, I have no problem with them winning whenever they don’t play us.

10. ClutchCargo
    11:34 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

Honestly, I kind of liked the written version of the Louisville Man rant better. The dramatic reading wasn’t all they built it up to be.

• Realme
      11:46 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I enjoyed it both ways. I am more convinced Chester is fake now. He sounded too normal on there.

• ClutchCargo
      11:53 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

I’m probably just spoiled by the KSR dramatic reading of Breaking Cardinal Rules. That might have been the most hilarious thing ever on KSR.

11. oruacat2
    11:42 am December 3, 2019 Permalink

We know Louisville Man drinks Crown Royal – does he give Louisville Woman the purple velvet stripper-purse that comes with every bottle?