KSR Show Thread 12/10: Lynn Bowden is going to the NFL

Kentucky football star playmaker Lynn Bowden is officially heading to the NFL, and the KSR crew is ready to talk all about it this morning.

Ryan Lemond, Drew Franklin, and Shannon the Dude will talk about that, along with everything else going on in the world of UK Athletics and around the state.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

52 Comments for KSR Show Thread 12/10: Lynn Bowden is going to the NFL

1. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Lynn Bowden, a living UK legend, heart and soul of our team, UK’s Galahad.

• Realme
      10:07 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

He’s one of those guys no one will forget. So glad everything worked out so well for him.

• J-Dub421
      10:15 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Now, let’s send him off to make loads of money in the NFL with a nice bowl win to cap his career.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Legend man. Like I said, you knew he was gone when you saw how emotional he was at center field standing on the logo after the game.

• ClutchCargo
      10:40 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

He’s doing the right thing. Playing all over the field, he has probably had a good four years worth of hits and just wear and tear, and there is a limit to how much of that you are going to be able to withstand before your body breaks down. Better to save some of that for the next level and get paid to do it.

2. Realme
    10:20 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m not gonna cry if Gran leaves, but I’d prefer to keep him for continuity. And I have to give him credit for adapting since the season never ends up playing out how they plan.

• ClutchCargo
      10:27 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I would definitely prefer that he stay. Being able to adapt to not having a QB is great, but I really want to see him handle an offense with all good players. I think we had a complete roster on offense back when Barker was playing, and before he got hurt. It’s been awhile.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:39 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Yes, we need that continuity after what happened with Dawson. It’s hard to keep an assistant though when you look at what even group of 5 schools are paying these CATS (see what I did there?) these days. Gran-ted (again!), a lot of coordinators are making 7 figures now too. Shew! It’ll be interesting to see which coach out there is the first to break 7 figures as a position coach, unless someone already has and I just haven’t heard.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:25 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Welcome to KSR, where comments go to die a long, slow, painful death.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

BTW, y’all know the reason KSR is doing the “Older Comments/Newer Comments” thing is to generate more clicks for more advertising $$$. That makes sense and again I am strongly a free market guy, but making the site harder to navigate (blocking us from comments if we use an ad blocker, thus making the site practically unusable with all the flash/fly in ads, and then making the comments hard to navigate period) leads to fewer clicks I would think. But whaddoIknow?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:30 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Ahhh, and there is my daily fly in ad from Senator Doug Jones.

• Realme
      10:33 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I agree that it sucks, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this was them trying to fix all our complaints about slow loading. Can we just go back to before the last hack (when we lost the like button, and random people started to inexplicably not be able to get in here)?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:36 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

That may be part of it, but not all of it IMO.

4. Realme
    10:26 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

7+ feet. Can actually play. Wants to be here. Get in here.

• Realme
      10:27 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Uh, oh, we’re almost out of comments. Everyone use reply no matter what you’re talking about! LOL

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I thought of that yesterday…that would be pretty funny.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:31 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Haha.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:28 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Last comment before new page.

• Realme
      10:31 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Maybe whoever gets here first should just make 5 comments: Football, Basketball, The Show, Nonsense, and Complaints. Then we can all put our comments under one of the 5.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:32 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

YES! Whatever happened to that guy who used to always be first? He needs to set that up for us daily.

• ClutchCargo
      10:43 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I was thinking the same thing, Realme.

6. ClutchCargo
    10:28 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

What’s the over/under on how many comments it will take to revert to the “Older comments/Newer comments” crap?

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Welp… lol

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

It changes pages after five original comments.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:34 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

CC ruined it for us today. lol

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I can’t see or get to the other comments though. It’s like they’re just gone. There are no other pages of comments for me.

• Realme
      10:35 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha it was 5.

• Realme
      10:35 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Jdub I have “older comments” and “newer comments” links at the bottom.

• ClutchCargo
      10:36 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Sorry for breaking the comment section today, guys. I have to be better.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I do not have those, just this thread right now. Everything else is gone into the ether.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

My other annoyance is that in order to see new comments, I have to refresh, then re-expand the article, then click show comments. Every. Single. Time. I do not like this new format. It’s extremely cumbersome.

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Imagine if the replies triggered another page; that could be hilarious.

• Realme
      10:43 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Jdub, it’s definitely picking on you now. It’s always one or two of us.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:43 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I hate to encourage bombarding folks with tweets and such, but I think I’m going to tweet those who run the site: Matt, Tyler, Drew, and Maria. Maria was very cordial on Twitter and in here when the blocking adblock users from comments started, but this is ridiculous man.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:44 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

And I posted this over on the other page:

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Mrs. TT and Maria are pretty responsive, as long as you’re polite. (Preaching to the choir here though.)

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

KSR wins the prize for the clunkiest comment section I have ever experienced. I think some government web sites are easier to deal with.

7. secrick
    10:40 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Thanks to Bowden for all he did for the Cats and being such a big UK fan. Hope he does great in the NFL. I have no idea what round he might go in.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:43 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

It is telling that as soon as I open up KSR on my browser the CPU fan starts going crazy…

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

This site is like high intensity interval training for your computer since the “upgrade.”

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Utah put up 143 points in a game this year; but, lost to Coastal Carolina and Tulane.
      Oops, was this supposed to be an original comment?

9. secrick
    11:12 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

OK what round do you think he will go in , Bowden that is. I have friends that say late 3rd round.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Well, so far I have correctly guessed all of the trivia questions…

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Last original comment on this page. Replies only, please.

• Realme
      11:22 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Imagine a radio show host coming up with trivia questions that don’t need a ton of explanation to get into the question writer’s brain. Matt should have Tony write his questions for the bar.

11. JTHinton
    11:24 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I swear, if I have to hear one more person say that the bowl game doesn’t matter or is a “glorified scrimmage” I think I will lose my mind!

Never have understood the belief that bowl games aren’t important.

• runningunnin.454
      11:30 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

Agree; I’m sure it’s important to the players that have worked to get there all year.

• Realme
      11:34 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

That sounds like something people who don’t think they can win their bowl game would say. I always care about winning. Except for bball in the NIT.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

It gives us an extra month of practice. That alone is important.

12. bbn606
    11:26 am December 10, 2019 Permalink

I love that you can at least keep a football player for three years compared to basketball’s one and done.