“Knuck If You Buck” moves on in UK’s Kickoff Playoff

big-bracket-facebook-2-DUPREE-WIN-2

Yesterday, UK started the Kickoff Playoff bracket to help choose the song to be played right before kickoff on August 30. Eight UK players submitted their picks, and over the next week, fans will vote for their favorite. Yesterday, Bud Dupree’s pick “Knuck if you Buck” went up against Steven Bordon’s pick “Scatta,” and this morning, UK announced the results of the poll. “Knuck if you Buck” has advanced. Sorry, Steven.

Today, it’s time to vote between Braylon Heard’s pick, “Who Run It” and Mike Douglas’ pick, “Head Bussa.” Listen to the two below and head on over to UK’s BBN First site to vote.

“WHO RUN IT” Three 6 Mafia: Braylon Heard

“HEAD BUSSA” Lil Scrappy: Mike Douglas

It’s close, but I’m going with Mike Douglas and “Head Bussa” on this one.

GO VOTE

25 Comments for “Knuck If You Buck” moves on in UK’s Kickoff Playoff

1. uNcLe AuNtIe
    2:11 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

What’s up with all these ancient played out songs? Why not throw Hammertime in the mix?

2. Dubbya
    2:19 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

I vote for the second one because it reminds me of “Spring Break Anthem” by Lonely Island.

3. Lord Infamous
    2:20 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Who Run It should win in this matchup. Early 2000’s release. Just when Three 6 Mafia was hitting the mainstream after a long underground run for several years prior. “Don’t hate me, hate the bank for stacks of G’s that I take, or hate my shiny wristband or big a$$ rims I rotate.”

RIP Lord Infamous/Scarecrow…..one of the sickest ever

4. Rei
    2:21 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

I’m all for anything Three Six Mafia related, well, at least the early stuff.

5. Austin
    2:22 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

I think crown by jay-z would be a good song, the beginning would get everyone pumped

6. Matthew
    2:40 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Question of the Day: What song would Lonas Seiber have nominated if given this opportunity?

• DH
      2:51 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

The beginning of Fight for Your Right (To Party) where Ad Rock says, “KICK IT!!”?? I’m reaching here…

• DHruinedthegame
      3:05 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Yes you are reaching but it shows solid effort and you are aware you’re reaching. Nothing to apologize for there.

7. Shelby County
    2:50 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

So, the party is in the sewer? That seems like a poor choice of venue.

• CPACAT
      3:13 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

While agree that a sewer is a poor venue, that looks like a storm sewer vs. a sanitary sewer, so it may not be as bad as you think… unless, of course, they have a combined storm/sanitary sewer!!

8. Greg
    2:53 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

How could no one include a Five Finger Death Punch song?!?

WELCOME TO THE PRIDE.

Or

9. UKBlue
    2:53 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

I’m sorry, but this crap music across the board rock, rap, pop, country is absolutely complete horrible !! The music biz has gotten lazy, desperate, and beyond pathetic; auto tune destroyed music.

• Rei
      2:58 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Papaw, is that you?

• John
      3:30 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Stop finding your music on the radio then.

• UKBlue
      4:35 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Say what you want, there is no good music out there any more. Even the original rappers have to be laughing at these bozo’s. The days of bands and people like Zeppelin, Johnny Cash, Public Enemy, LL, Guns & Roses, Floyd, Sinatra & anyone from Motown would have a hard time getting air play if they tried coming out now. The music biz is the same as the movie biz, they’ve all consolidated & pump out crap.

10. JIMMIEUKFAN
    3:00 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

How about some Kentucky Headhunters? These two songs SUCK.

11. WTF?!
    3:15 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Hey, guys, I think there’s been a mistake – I think you provided two links to the same song. At least they sound exactly the same.

I know I’m not close to being in the demographic for this sort of “music” but I can’t imagine how that would get anyone excited about anything other than turning it off. I know the group that makes up about 90% of the crowd at a UK football game will be all in, though!!

12. ukfan
    3:19 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

I knew I would find some old people commenting on this post who don’t understand that the song that needs to be played before kick off is meant to get the crowd and the players “hyped up”… quit complaining and imagine these songs after three or four bourbon and cokes, it’ll sound awesome after that I promise.

13. Will
    3:31 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Play what the players want to get hype too. I’ll be in there yelling “who run it”

14. Bobbum man
    3:49 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

We Ready gets everyone hyped

15. BBN
    4:00 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Avicii Levels… That’s all i’m saying.. Or maybe some Calvin Harris

16. leftygilmore
    4:03 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Nothing like playing music about killing people to pump everyone up! Go Cards!….oh waits….this is supposed to be Commonwealth Stadium

17. Uk4life
    4:07 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

Play something the older generation recognizes, for goodness sake!

18. Dwayne
    4:28 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

I’m somewhere in the middle as far as age groups and have been advocating for this but it might’ve been a mistake… GOOD LORD this is pretty bad too!

19. bbn#1
    4:48 pm July 23, 2014 Permalink

not that my oppinion matters but back in black with our black unis would be nice.. cant be touched floyd walkout would be cool.. also welcome to the jungle always gets me excited