Kirk Herbstreit puts Florida on “Upset Alert”

KirkHerbstreit1

It looks like Kirk Herbstreit is hopping on the Big Blue bandwagon. The man with the perfectly mussed hair just put Florida on “upset alert” on SportsCenter. If you’re keeping track, he joins Dick Vitale and Mike Bianchi in the belief that Kentucky can pull off a win over the Gators this weekend.

#BeatFlorida

41 Comments for Kirk Herbstreit puts Florida on “Upset Alert”

1. Jeffrey
    1:43 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I link would be nice

2. Jeffrey
    1:44 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

A link*

3. Old Cat
    1:45 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I just hate to see all of the warnings to UF, as if they did not know they could bet whipped in Commonwealth.

4. LA
    1:46 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

if ky cant beat western how the hell they gonna beat florida?

5. Jeffrey
    1:48 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

@ LA: UK is the better team, WKU was just the better team THAT night.

6. CatFanInChattanooga
    1:52 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I love UK as much as the next person. We do not have the talent that UF has, I don’t see this one being very close.

7. Big Mike in The Wood
    1:54 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

and now we’ve got the Herbie Jinx

8. Brandon
    1:54 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Time to rush the field #BBN

9. Beatle Bum
    1:58 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Weird, considering he seemingly called UK irrelevant to the SEC in a covnersation with Colin Cowherd this week on College Football Live.

10. Real UK Fan
    2:02 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I hope he is right. I strongly suspect he is very wrong. The teams UK has played up to this point have not been very good, including ul. FL is a totally different beast. Even with the injuries they are still much better than UK.

11. What Street Herb?
    2:06 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

He put Florida on upset alert against Toledo a couple of weeks ago on Saturday morning gameday..
    Final Floirda 24, Toledo 6.

12. KYStout
    2:06 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Screw Florida,

GO BIG BLUE!!

13. Oogie
    2:06 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

The more people but them on “upset alert,” the less likely an upset becomes.

14. Sam
    2:06 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

If we could win the turnover stat by a min of 3, maybe 2, I think we could beat them. Hopefully we can intercept them or cause fumbles, and NOT turn it back over to them. We need to play a perfect game, and they need to beat themselves a little for us to have a chance.

15. Troy
    2:07 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

This team didn’t just lose to Western, it got destroyed by Western. No way in hell we beat Florida. I just hope we’re competitive.

16. Jeffrey
    2:07 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

@ Real UK fan: UF’s D is a beast, but their O sucks.

UF is not the total package and they’re vulnerable.

17. No offense
    2:11 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Herbstreet must be watching the same as you defined it great offense you wrote about this morning. I imagine he defines dropped passes, failed third downs, fumbles in very crucial situations, poor blocking and terrible pass routes as a means for an upset..Getting hit in the head on a pass route when you are wide open and don’t realize it enough to turn around is not a great offense.

18. rick
    2:14 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I AGREE WITH #4, I DON’T CARE HOW YOU SPIN IT, WE LOST TO WESTERN.

19. J in Orlando
    2:15 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

UL fans are in between a rock and a hard place on this game…they need UK to win for their SOS; however if UF loses to a team that may only win 4 games (regardless of injuries), it will smear the ONLY one thing they have clung to in defending their team’s artificially inflated ranking, not to mention puts their coach one step closer to a possible UF job offer.

20. Brandon
    2:15 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I love how you SO CALLED KENTUCKY fans come to a Forum that supports Kentucky Football and dogs the team with some of these statements . Some of you fans need to go join Gatorbait.com forums or Western KY fans forums . I THINK YOUR ON THE WRONG PAGE ! Don’t come back jumping on the bandwagon when this team turns it around either!

21. GP
    2:17 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Seriously though, I kind of hate casual UK football fans like #4 and #18.
    Never say your team ‘sucks’. It makes you look like a really shitty fan and bad for the whole fan base.

22. Brandon
    2:19 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

They are shitty fans this is ridiculous and the college that must run this show are no better for NOT monitoring the board of some these idiotic people.

23. Invited
    2:26 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Dear #BBN, you’re invited to come celebrate the 26 year streak being snapped.

Date: Saturday September 28, 2013
    Time: 10:30 P.M.
    Address: The 50 yard line inside CWS
    RSVP: 800-928-2287 or online at http://t.co/EEDlsR7SDx

This is a BYOB event and please remember to wear proper foot attire, as there will be jumping and running.
    We look forward to seeing you all there

24. ribin
    2:28 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I believe it can be done — will it? Stay tuned ————-

25. Al/in/Indy
    2:33 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Invited, I like the way you think, had it not been for a (DUMBASS) wedding I have to attend I’d be there with you…..Thank goodness there’s a bar at the reception…..GO CATS!

26. Brandon
    2:36 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be there on the 50 YARD LINE like i was during the LSU and the South Carolina game . Reminder : Be Loud and Stand up unless you cannot

P.S. Thanks for the Invite!

27. RealCatsFan
    2:50 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Western was the first game of the year, first game as a HC for Stoops, and first game as a college athlete for half UK’s team. The lights seemed VERY bright for all of them that night. Since then they shook off the jitters and played much better. If the D rises to the occasion like they did against UofL, and everyone stays on the field without any injuries, and the receivers stop dropping passes, we have a chance to pull an upset. And I sure hope it happens – nothing would be more priceless to see UF run Muschamp out of town on a rail and then see the panic ensue in Louisville if UF comes sniffing around for Charlie Strong.

28. If UK beats Florida tomorrow nite?
    2:51 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Dun…a…dunt…Dun…a…dunt…( audio converted to close caption speaking)
    Highlights and lead story on Sport Center

29. jr
    2:57 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

REALLY??? We will only cross the 50 yard line a couple of times. Gators 27 Cats 6

30. Bunzz30
    2:59 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

I like that we may have a chance to win…but I don’t like that everyone is saying it.

31. Brandon
    3:01 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

HEY JR #29 WRONG FORUM WE DON’T LIKE YOUR KIND HERE!

32. Naysayers have to wonder?
    3:10 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

What do WE do IF UK wins? Tie OUR shoe laces and jump on the bandwagon? (this is naysayers talking)

33. jr
    3:11 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Brandon, Ive been a Cats fan way before you wet your diaper. That’s what I believe and maybe your KIND isn’t welcome here as well. Be real man….GO CATS

34. kybigblue
    3:34 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Don’t put much stock in what Bianchi says. Many of his columns are about hating Urban Meyer, loving Tebow and hating Dwight Howard. He seem to be stuck on those three.

35. Really
    4:00 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

10 lol and yewkay lost to them all! Oh yea you beat Miami Ohio lmao! Pathetic.

36. the realest
    4:01 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

it could happen…remember stoops played Florida every year at Florida state,he knows them from last year.

37. Growpup
    4:19 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Throw out the Western game. I was there and the team that played against Miami and UL is totally different, for whatever reason. I’ll never understand how a UK football team could get overconfident, but that’s what it appeared to be. And yes, Miami is not a good team, but Cincinnati didn’t score on them until less than 5 min in their game, and Cincinnati beat Purdue like a rented mule 42-7.

So, yeah, the Cats have a very good chance against the Gators.

38. hmmm
    6:30 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

All this praise for a UK upset does not bode well for UK. especially, if it gets the attention of the florida team.

39. L
    8:14 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Herbie is so dreamy.

40. fencepost
    8:35 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

here we go

41. fencepost
    8:40 pm September 27, 2013 Permalink

Hey BBN The past is the past Let Western GO!!!! They got a few Breaks So, Get Behind the Cats By the way i live in arkansaa hate that moving back…..But ,you PPL have got to Support the Cat’s I Actually think they will win Trust me Cats.28 gators 24 K/