Kentucky’s next great Quarterback brought a sewing machine to Lexington

A new Kentucky quarterback can do just about anything you ask him to do.

Amani Gilmore was a Louisiana state champion for Amite High School, the school’s first title in 14 years. The quarterback can throw it long or he can use his legs to get a first down. He also is pretty good on a baseball diamond. Gilmore plans on being a pitcher and outfielder at Kentucky.

“I gotta lot of gas, straight gas,” he told KSR.

He also revealed another hidden talent: Gilmore is handy with a sewing machine. Since he’s been on campus, he’s already patched four tears for fellow freshman, Jared Casey.

“Sewing machine? You gotta hook me up with a shirt or something,” said a shocked Terry Wilson. Kentucky’s starter believes Gilmore has a bright future in Lexington.

“Remember the name. He’s definitely going to be a great quarterback at the University of Kentucky. We’re going to keep working,” Wilson said.

It’s not the only early praise we’ve heard of Gilmore. Word from the practice field was that Gilmore was a pleasant surprise during summer seven-on-sevens. A quick learner, he’s picked up quite a bit from Terry Wilson.

“He’s like a brother to me. He can help me out with anything I need: plays, school, anything outside of school and off the field he helps me,” Gilmore said.

Is there anything this guy can’t do? Well, he can throw gas, but hitting a baseball is a different story. “I can swing it…if I hit it.”

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Kentucky’s next great Quarterback brought a sewing machine to Lexington

1. UKfanman01
    4:43 pm August 2, 2019 Permalink

Hope this kid is better than turnover Terry

• chardun20
      2:58 am August 3, 2019 Permalink

If Terry Wilson is bad as you think he is, he won’t be the starting QB for long.

• GoCatsChays
      6:31 am August 3, 2019 Permalink

The kid won 10 games last year against the best competition in the country. What else do you want?! I was at the spring game and his confidence with the offense is significantly higher. I think Terry’s job is safe.

2. Larkin123
    5:22 pm August 2, 2019 Permalink

I like the kid from Florida as a dark horse at some point… not now..

3. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    5:24 pm August 2, 2019 Permalink

I think this maybe the beginning of the trend “it’s a battle for that spot” being a good thing.

4. BLUEVADER
    7:41 pm August 2, 2019 Permalink

Roushe uuhhh I got a knuckle ball as fast as a fastball der duh der derpyity derp derp! Im a ridding side saddle George I’ma ridding side saddle ! Look at me go George look at me go derpity derp derp.

5. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    8:48 pm August 2, 2019 Permalink

This kid is going to be a STAR, Mark my words. Been saying it since last yr when I watched his film. If he keeps working, he will be one of our better QBs in our history. I think he will be our starter after Terry leaves.

6. chardun20
    2:57 am August 3, 2019 Permalink

Amani is bigger than I thought he was. In high school he was listed as 6’2 which usually mean he’s like 6’0.

7. AreJ
    8:24 pm August 3, 2019 Permalink

I really respect the QB room the staff has put together. Adding Smith is a strong back up, but this kid with 2 years to develop and compete with these dudes and Bo next year could become an absolutely stud. I feel good about my team!