Kentucky’s 2014 Football Schedule is out

Oct. 25: Mississippi State
Nov. 1: at Missouri
Nov. 8: Georgia
Nov. 15: at Tennessee
Nov. 22: Open
Nov. 29: at Louisville

Louisville as the last game of the season? Alright, alright, alright. Bring it on.

51 Comments for Kentucky’s 2014 Football Schedule is out

1. AirForceChris
    10:55 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

That is really wierd and out of place. If that is accurate I am not sure if I’m ok with that.

2. sam
    10:59 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

i disagree this is awesome, all the big rivalries are the last weekend
    UGA-GT
    UF-FSU
    CLemson-USCjr

3. Uncle Stan
    10:59 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I had to see if this was legit. Actually thought this was a joke. Nope, it’s legit.

4. GP
    11:01 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Love the rivalries being last.
    Depending on how we improve, there are 5 to 8 wins in this schedule.

5. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    11:02 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Hate seeing UofL as the last game. Not a fan of this move.

6. NotSatire
    11:04 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I’

7. Bob wiley
    11:04 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I love it!

8. NotSatire
    11:05 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I like the schedule.

9. WoogedyBoogie
    11:06 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

This is genius…. UK-UL gets poor ratings nationally every year, but a soldout crowd locally. Why not put it at the end of the schedule and 1)Create national intrigue, and 2)Get a sold out crowd when attendances typically trail off. First 3 games of the year will always be sell-outs, regardless of who we play. This just gets both programs another financial boost at the end of the season, regardless of records and bowl implications.

10. football school
    11:08 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I love it! That’s what a football school does. Biggest rival at the end of the year! Go CATS

11. KyWampusCat
    11:09 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

we went to LSU in 2012, why are we there again so soon? Why not playing Ole Miss or A&M?

12. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    11:09 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Oh lawdy. I smell 6-7 wins.

13. Shawon
    11:10 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Criticisms:

Senior day is awfully early – November 8th.

And why the hell can’t UK play Florida in November sometime!?!?

Positives:

14. BC
    11:12 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Looks like a great schedule.
    Locks: UT Martin, Ohio U, ULM — 3
    Should Win: Vandy, Miss. St (both at home) , @ Missouri — 3

Then we have UGA and USC at home, so those are possible wins. Lots to see before judgements on Tennessee, UL, Florida, LSU.

15. Nick
    11:14 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Holy crap, we could reasonably go 8-4.

16. dufuss
    11:14 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Damn Tennessee and Louisville competing with BASKETBALL!!!!!! Love it–I’ll eat cold Turkey too who cares!!!!

17. Bulldawg
    11:16 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

well, since #1 and bicycle seat sniffer are very important people and comments in the ksr comment section have such a big impact on the decisions UK makes, look for the schedule to be switched back for these guys…

I think loserville last is a great idea!!!!!

18. JohnW
    11:18 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

8 straight games is going to be rough… should have tried to get an open date before the second to last week…

19. Admiral Halsey
    11:19 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Dear god if Stoops gets the team to improve this year and most of next years class don’t decommit we could be looking at a 6-8 win season.

20. MARK HAMILTON
    11:20 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

WHY DO WE PLAY OPEN TWICE, THIS IS CRAP! STOOPS QUIT USING BARNHART AS AN ESCAPE GOAT!! DOES STOOPS HAVE A FACEBOOK?!?!

21. Nick
    11:30 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

LMAO “escape goat.” Seems you’d just use a car.

22. Bulldawg
    11:30 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

# 20 well played. Go Cats!!

23. Austin
    11:31 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I love this schedule. May be just me, but putting UL at the back end of the schedule means there will be ay more on the line for both teams at that point. UK could be on the verge of being bowl eligible and UL could be on the verge of a BCS game… thus meaing the game will not only be a rivalry, it will be a brawl. Plus, I see 5-7 wins on this schedule. (UT Martin, Ohio, Vandy, ULM, @Mizzou – wins and Miss St, @Tenn, @UL will all be great games)

24. Hellbellies
    11:32 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

9) – national intrigue? Hahahaha…you’re funny. UK will be praying for 4 wins. National intrigue…good one…

25. ?
    11:35 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Louisville being last will be a blessing for us, having a whole season of SEC football under our belts we will be much better prepared than if we where playing them after playing a couple of cupcakes.

26. DH
    11:38 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

23) I agree with MOST of what you said. But by then UL will be in the ACC (correct me if I’m wrong)and, while the ACC is not a great football conference, it beats the hell out of the big east and the AAC. I doubt UL will be playing for a BCS game. I’m excited about the schedule, though, and agree that the game will be a brawl since both teams will have more tho play for (BCS bowl or not).

27. lonnieb
    11:39 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

@24 hellbellies

UK will not be praying for 4 wins next year. There is at least 4 definite W’s at home. We will be able to win a few against the middle of SEC

28. lonnieb
    11:40 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

@23
    No BCS game for the ville after the season. Teddy will be in nfl and they will have to play at least 1/2 ranked teams every year

29. AirRaid
    11:40 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

27 you can’t reason w a troll, I advise you not to try. It’s a waste of time to feed them.

30. JR
    11:45 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I like the media attention and also the idea of sending u of l home with a loss on the last game of the season. But tailgating will be awfully cold but it would worth it!

31. Micahel F. Jox
    11:47 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

#17 – It’s their opinion, get off their asses about it. It’s what the comment section is for. You just gave yours after all.

I think it’s great that UK plays UL late like this, but only if there is something still to play for other than pride.

32. Honky Kong
    11:53 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

What happened to WKU ? UT Martin ?

33. Common Sense
    11:56 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

#21 HAHAHAHAHA

This feels weird at first but I don’t mind it.

34. Cotton Bowl 2014
    11:57 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Great idea to play Jefferson County Community College the last game – hopefully it will be really cold – should help to cut down on the stink of Pappa John’s and the city – it was nasty there last year after the rain – smelled like a garbage dump – which it is – a toxic waste zone.

35. DREWBLUE
    11:57 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Our last home game is the second weekend of November. WOW?

36. Rod
    12:06 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

What’s a ULM???? Ultimate Lousy Misfits??? As usual the OOC schedule really sucks!!!!

37. Bulldawg
    12:08 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

#31 I know what you mean, because there is so much at stake the first and 3rd game of the season other than pride… It’s nice to see you getting on to me me for not liking someone’s comment and then go and say how my comment is out of line… lol. Hypocrite much? GO CATS!!!!

38. Linda Taylor
    12:13 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Honky Kong – Look again, UT Martin is Aug. 30. We will have finished the WKU contract after this year.

39. UKBlue1!
    12:14 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

I love the fact the UL game has been moved. Lets see what they look like at the end of year after playing a ACC schedule. They will have to play at least 2-3 good teams. I also like the fact it is after a bye week. I dont like the fact we are playing LSU. We got Alabama this year and LSU next. I think we played LSU in 2011.

40. SayWhat?
    12:36 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

37 he didn’t say yours was out of line. He said to get off their asses for their opinion. Why so sensitive, is it that time of the month for you?

41. SayWhat?
    12:37 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

27 Louisiana Monroe and its actually a decent game.

42. SayWhat?
    12:37 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

oops I meant 37, no idea why I typed 27

43. sp
    12:58 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

moving the UL game to the end pretty much guarentees it wont be on any national channel.

44. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:00 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

This is BS. The UK/UT game has been on Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. My UT buddies and I have a tradition of rotating Thanksgiving celebrations at each other’s home towns, then going to the game (depending what state it’s in), dating back to 2001. Some traditions you just don’t mess with.

45. BlueBloodHater
    1:48 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

I see they are back to dodging WKU. Hilltoppers will be ready to take your money and manhood whenever Stoops moves on for greener pastures, leaving the program in shambles yet again.

46. Zombielibrarian
    1:55 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

The people who don’t like this or think this is a bad move really show how little they know about college football. This is fantastic news.

47. Jon Lock
    4:08 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

44) You should have told that to the SEC/UK while they were making the schedule, I’m sure they would have really cared a lot about your tradition and catered solely to you and your friends.

48. Buckets
    5:44 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Fantastic news. I absolutely love this.

49. Yep
    5:55 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Bad idea moving the UofL game to the end of the season.

50. Tampa Satchel
    7:35 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Looks good to me. It’ll be nice watching our rivalry game when it matters.

51. Bulldawg
    3:56 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

#40 you are a dumbass. First of all I was not quoting the nerd above, I was putting what he said into my own words. Secondly, jumping into the middle of a fight is a good way to get knocked the fu(k out. Thirdly, I am a dude and it might come as a suprise to you but men do not menstrate. However, I’d be happy to let you check and while you are down there, might as well hook a brotha up… You have 3 posts in a row. One refers to #37, one refers to #27, then the last one says that you are correcting yourself, that you didn’t mean 37. Actually your first post was to me and numbered correctly, the other, obviously to someone else about a different gripe. Then, you can’t even correctly correct yourself. Why don’t you do us all a favor and just keep your incorrect corrections to your delusional self, moron. I swear some people just need a punch in the mouth.