Kentucky will wear all blue vs. Mississippi State

Kentucky is going with a familiar uniform combination for tomorrow’s game vs. Mississippi State. UK just revealed that the Cats will wear blue helmets, jerseys, pants, cleats, and gloves, aka the Smurf look, for the showdown with the Bulldogs:

Image

Kentucky wore this same combination in the 28-7 win over No. 14 Mississippi State two years ago. That was the game in which Benny Snell scored four touchdowns, breaking Randall Cobb’s record for career touchdowns at Kentucky. It also happened in the rain. Let’s hope that’s a good omen for tomorrow night.

9 Comments for Kentucky will wear all blue vs. Mississippi State

1. cats646
    3:03 pm October 9, 2020 Permalink

This was by far one of the best games I’ve ever attended. Crowd was going CRAZY when Allen got that sack in the fog. Then when the camera zoomed in on Benny while the crowd chanted his name. Goosebumps. GO CATS!!!

• SuperTroy18
      3:11 pm October 9, 2020 Permalink

Had the privilege of being at that game too. What an atmosphere. Completely dominated after they got that 7-0 lead. Second half was ALLLLL CATS.
      Hopefully, they can somehow get that magic back Saturday.

• Baize
      3:12 am October 10, 2020 Permalink

That’s the only game I’ve gotten to attend, as a live nearly three hours west of the Stadium. It was such an awesome experience. Crowd was on their feet and loud for the whole game. It’s neck and neck with the coolest sporting event I’ve ever attended, Game 1 of the 2011 World Series being the other.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:12 am October 10, 2020 Permalink

I wish I could have been there. The main thing that made the game so special for me was that all week long, ALL I heard on the radio…national, regional, AND local…was “Can UK deal with Mississippi State’s size and physical play? State is the most physical team EVAH!!!” Okay, that last part is an exaggeration, but not by a ton it seems like. Anyway, I tuned in just a little bit late and the announcers were already talking about the effect of the crowd and that Allen already had them intimidated (“shell-shocked” I think they said). All those false starts by State’s O linemen because of Josh. Wow! We were just physically beating the crap out of the team that was supposed to do that to us, especially in that 4th quarter when Benny REALLY got going.

They should have posted that Gif here of the State D completely changing personnel when they saw Benny coming back in the game when we were inside their 5.

What a game. What a team! I hope it’s not the last one like that we ever get to see.

2. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    11:55 pm October 9, 2020 Permalink

They are going to need more than an apparel change to win a game this year.

3. CatManDo
    7:00 am October 10, 2020 Permalink

Would like to see this combo with white socks.

4. CJKAssassin123
    9:44 am October 10, 2020 Permalink

Would want to see this combination with black helmets with UK blue chrome UK logos on them with black and blue socks.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:24 am October 10, 2020 Permalink

I’m over the uniform combo. Blue-white, blue-blue, anthrocite-chrome, whatever. Just win some games.

• CJKAssassin123