Kentucky receives votes in the Coaches Poll

It’s Week 2 in college football and your University of Kentucky Wildcats are knocking on the door of Top 25. Sort of.

In this week’s Coaches Poll, Kentucky received thirteen votes — five more than in the preseason poll — making them the 33rd best team in college football in the eyes of the 65 head coaches that vote each week. Meanwhile, despite receiving one vote in the AP Top 25 a few weeks back, the Cats got zero votes this go around. Clearly, that one voter was not impressed by Kentucky’s performance vs. Central Michigan.

Saturday’s opponent, the Florida Gators, is No. 25 in both polls. Future SEC foes Mississippi State and South Carolina come in at No. 18 and No. 24, respectively, while Georgia is No. 3.

AP POLL

20 Boise State 391 20 UCF 339
21 Michigan 318 21 Miami (FL) 277
22 Miami (FL) 241 22 Michigan 227
23 Oregon 217 23 Oklahoma State 225
24 South Carolina 125 24 South Carolina 189
25 Florida 89 25 Florida 138

Beat a ranked opponent to break into the Top 25 next week? One can only hope.

[mobile_ad]

24 Comments for Kentucky receives votes in the Coaches Poll

1. maximumscott
    2:27 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Listening to Stoops talk about prep for UF amd Dan Mullen gives me an idea that he has been prepping since the Summer. He mentioned watching film on MissSt in the offseason to prep. Don’t let Stoops fool you, this game means more to him than any other.

2. Bigblue7982
    2:28 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Florida is overrated.

• unbridled
      5:52 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Ummmmm…..no they aren’t really. Uk being mentioned anywhere near the top 25 is the definition of overrating. Did you watch the game on Saturday? Lots of hype and not much to back it up.

• cats646
      6:49 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Sshhhhhh! Unbridled. It’s football season. Pick your fandom back up when basketball season starts, until then, pipe down.

• unbridled
      8:13 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

You are probably right and I should keep my opinion quiet, but I can’t help myself. I was reluctant to join the hype train this year because history suggests I should be skeptical. Regardless, they came out and let a central Michigan team keep pace with them and they kept refusing to hang onto the ball. Sorry just not a stoops fan and likely never will be.

Also, I literally can’t wait until basketball season. It’s killing me. Going to be so much fun watching this team.

• bailey000
      11:15 pm September 5, 2018 Permalink

It is very evident that y’all don’t watch football enough to realize how week one should be observed. A lot of great teams looked like shit last Saturday. We won a game with 4 turnovers by 15. Y’all are ignorant.

3. ClutchCargo
    2:35 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I really want this win for Stoops, his staff and the players. I can tell the loss last year stung them just as much or more than it did the fans.

4. mothandras
    2:58 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Florida favored by 14, Stoops never covers.

• abobicesaevior
      3:06 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Never? How much was UL favored by in 2016? Have we ever been favored against USCjr yet we’ve beaten them 4 years in a row?

• maximumscott
      3:08 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Teamrankings game predictions have UK winning. They base it on all objective statistics.

5. secrick
    3:05 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I wish it was a home game. A win and the fans would go crazy.

• maximumscott
      3:08 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Idc where we play them, just win it already.

• ClutchCargo
      3:45 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

We will go crazy with a win regardless of where it’s being played. But it would actually be better to beat them on their home field after that sh*t show last year, and how their players taunted the crowd after the game.

• jaws2
      5:01 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I’ll be in FL Saturday and trust me, if we win I’ll be going crazy no doubt!

6. unbridled
    5:42 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Did these people watch the game against central Michigan? Uk doesn’t belong anywhere close to the top 25. Sorry but they looked really bad and if they don’t find a miracle between now and Saturday……Florida will flat out embarrass them. Good luck boys. You’ll need it.

• east-ky-boy
      6:00 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Not as bad as it seemed the more
      I think about it. Our defense only gave up Like 10 points or so. Also look at the defensive numbers. Plus we rushed for more yards than any game last year. We are basing the negative feedback on Wilson. It was his FIRST time playing in D1 game. Hoak looked good one drive and not the rest. His first as well. I honestly feel we are ok

• unbridled
      8:15 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

The defense was the reason they one. How many times did the offense turn the ball over?

• east-ky-boy
      9:56 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

True. Most was Wilson’s turnovers too. Remember Stephen Johnson’s first few games? Constant turnovers. That will get fixed

• unbridled
      8:15 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

*won

7. Alleykat16
    7:52 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I just dont get it, we have beat south Carolina the last few years and back to back bowl games and they ranked in top 25 and we ain’t close. This is upsetting

8. mashburnfan1
    8:09 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

I know I am saying IF but for peole sying how bad we played think about this. Take away the 4 turnovers and what is the final score…..49-10 or 52-13. Listen I know we did have the turnovers but that is the only thing that made it close. Yes if we continue those we will get beat badly by the UF, UGA, MSU, USC teams but if we don’t give it away, and maybe get some turnovers, who knows. I do know if we did not have them and won Saturday 52-10 the comments on here would be way different. But bash away, we did have the turnovers. I prefer to wait and see and hope that it was jitters, conservative Gran play calling and maybe just some bad luck.

9. Booby Petrino
    8:09 pm September 4, 2018 Permalink

Do we burn couches if we beat them? #jokingnotnoking

10. Greatcatfan
    2:53 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

We should storm the players dorms and burn those felons couches if we win 😉