Kentucky opens as two-point underdogs against South Carolina

I guess Las Vegas wasn’t too impressed with Kentucky’s 28-7 demolition of No. 14 Mississippi State last night.

The Cats have opened as two-point underdogs to South Carolina next Saturday at Kroger Field.

The Gamecocks impressed against Vanderbilt yesterday, but there is zero debate that Kentucky is the hotter team between the two.

If the defense keeps playing the way they have, I have a hard time believing the Cats won’t pull it off at home next weekend.

#FreeMoney

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

25 Comments for Kentucky opens as two-point underdogs against South Carolina

1. Bigblue7982
    5:02 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Vegas is stupid cats by 10+

• ClutchCargo
      5:24 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

The existence of all those big fancy casinos is strong evidence that Vegas is not stupid. But I would love to get a piece of this action!

• Mathlete
      9:04 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Vegas doesn’t really care what they think will happen, they care what will get roughly even money on both sides

• satcheluk
      11:06 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I got in big at UK+1.5. I might add more at pick em.

2. CatsfaninFL
    5:02 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Thank you, Vegas!

3. CKTermy23
    5:05 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

I want some free money

4. maximumscott
    5:07 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Id prefer to be underdogs in ever game this season. Our team feeds off that.
    After watching SCar get demoralized at home against UGA. I dont see how SCar wins this game. We play similar to UGA with a physical approach. That same physical approach took Carolina completely out the game. It wouldnt Surprise me if this game got outta hand early. Wilson should have a strong showing bc of the lack of experience in Secondary for Scar. Benny will do Benny things. We will rush for 300 Plus.
    UK-38
    SCar-17

• satcheluk
      11:13 am September 24, 2018 Permalink

I would be very surprised if we are able to keep up the beat down train. We’re not sneaking up on anyone anymore. I’d say 28-17.

5. maximumscott
    5:10 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

SCar didnt look impressive at Vandy the score was impressive but the game was closer than the score. Vandy did Vandy things and werent ready to play after the Notre Dame let down. Scar was ready after 2 weeks off.

6. brainesman
    5:13 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know exactly what I’m looking at… but if -2 is next to a matchup usually that means the home team is favored by 2

• Cokely53
      5:40 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

The -2 is above UK and next to USC so it’s them.

7. shelby
    5:20 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Even if we win, we’ll be 17 pt dogs against a&m. I luv it; keep disrespecting us.

8. cats646
    5:26 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Benny! Kash! Read this! Then go f**k everyone in the state of South Carolina up!!!!! Keep Rollin boys! Go cats!!

• gobble gobble
      7:07 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Not sure they should “f**k everyone in the state of South Carolina, but they might be interested in winning at football…

• cats646
      7:32 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

I’m fine with either. Ha

9. UKfanman01
    5:51 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

UK beats #14 in the country by a long shot. SCAR beats Vandy (unrabked). Better team=SCAR
    Sound logic

10. BrnGrubb003
    6:08 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

I love that we are dogs in this one, but I can’t believe it will stay that way. Once the money starts rolling in, I would think the line flips and KY ends up being favored by 2 or 3.

11. sprtphan
    6:11 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

What a gift.

12. Parker_UKFanNC
    6:17 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Never bet before but this game is free money someone wanna post a link? I want to get in on this

• shepdog3720
      9:55 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

Unless you want to travel to Vegas, or one of several states mainly in the northeast, you will have to bet through a bookie or through an alternate source like this one:

bovada.lv/sports

13. EastKYCAT
    7:01 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

This is ridiculous. Hahahaha. All you can do is laugh and say no respect. I hope the Game Day crew pick SCar to win. Kash, keep anchoring the defense and putting big hits on the running backs and wideouts!

14. jaws2
    8:52 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

I still find it humorous that people do not understand how the Vegas line works. The opening line is ONLY designed to bring in bettors. It has absolutely zero to do with what the ‘experts’ believe will happen in this game. They’re counting on KY fans to bet this heavily which will absolutely drive this line the opposite direction. Oh and guess what, that’ll bring in SC fans because they think getting points is a great bet. The folks in Vegas didn’t build those hotels giving a damn about what might happen. All they care about is raking in the money. It’s not really rocket science.

• GM1978
      9:47 pm September 23, 2018 Permalink

It’s moved from 2 to pick em in a few spots……60/40 % of bets edge on U.K. Side so far