Kentucky Opens as 7-point underdogs to Tennessee

Another week, another one-possession spread for the Cats. Kentucky opens as 7-point underdogs when they travel to Rocky Top next week against Tennessee. The over/under is set at 51.5.

This is the first time the Vols have been favored over the Cats since 2016.

This season, Kentucky is 1-2 against the spread after covering against Mississippi State. Meanwhile, Tennessee is 0-2-1 against the spread.

It will be interesting to see where this line will move throughout the week, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it would hold water around seven all week. The under might be the play this week with it set at 51.5, but I wouldn’t rush to the books to bet this one.

Let’s just get a win, okay? Okay. Go Cats.

Article written by Brent Wainscott

Twitter: @BrentWainscott_

19 Comments for Kentucky Opens as 7-point underdogs to Tennessee

1. CJKAssassin123
    3:53 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

I would of thought it would have been more than just 7? I think that is a bit low. Especially with the game being @ Neyland Stadium. I had UK as 10-12 point underdogs.

• claiborne_field
      5:07 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Tennessee is not that good.

• Pensacola_Cat_Fan
      6:43 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Claiborne – UT hasn’t been good for a decade or more. How many times have we won during that time despite being the better team?

• runningunnin.454
      5:26 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

UT led Georgia at the half yesterday; the Vols stayed with the Dawgs until the Georgia depth finally wore them down; we won’t be able to do that.

2. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    4:04 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

I’d be shocked if we keep it within a touchdown. Seems pretty generous/

3. Bluehender
    4:57 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

We’re going to have to mix up the offense a little to have a chance against Tennessee. The one dimensional run game is not going to get it done. Why not use Gatewood some? Keep them guessing about what we’re going to do. The defense will have to step up again of course, but we won’t beat Tennessee if our offense plays like it did against MSU

• runningunnin.454
      6:47 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, you don’t think it’s more fun to let them know exactly what we’re going to do? The last sentence there is correct; if we’re not moving the ball better than we did the 2nd half yesterday, we’re going to have to make some changes

• Bluehender
      6:59 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

rg, Gran gonna have to step it up and earn his money this week..

4. CatfaninCinci
    5:31 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

They won’t throw in Gatewood. Too in love with TW. I would load up on UT. They mention this is the first time UT has been favored since 2016. What’s UT’s record since 2016? 3-1? 4-0? Have we beat them as a favorite?

UT by 14

5. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    5:50 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

We’ve beaten them 1 time in the last 40 years or so – we have a 0% chance next Saturday. Only hope is not to get embarrassed.

• Pensacola_Cat_Fan
      5:51 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Make that twice. Forgot about the time we beat them with a wide receiver at qb.

6. Kentuckiana
    6:04 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

I sure ain’t the hell scared of their QB…..Cats win.
    Next Up, Georgia.

7. CahillsCrossingNT
    6:11 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Kentucky should consider forfeiting. Victory isn’t possible, so why take a chance on some players testing positive? The health of the players is far more important things than a football game.

8. Bluehender
    6:48 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Yeah you both picked Mississippi State to beat us. You were both wrong. I think you’ll be wrong again. This is the game where we gain a little respect. Cats 28-24.

• Bluehender
      6:48 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

Comment meant for the two knuckleheads above…

• Pensacola_Cat_Fan
      10:25 am October 12, 2020 Permalink

I DID predict a loss to Miss State. I was pleasantly surprised at how well our defense played and how poorly Miss St played. The series between our two programs is about even though. But this week is UT who we NEVER beat. And you can’t be feeling positive after watching our offense play on Saturday. You can’t tell me after watching UK and UT play that these teams are on the same playing field talent wise.

• Bluehender
      11:25 am October 12, 2020 Permalink

I feel like we’ll keep getting better each week. This is one of those games we shouldn’t win and I understand the history. We have talent and we’re due for a win in the series. The offense will have to play better. And I think they will

9. BigBluSoTru
    7:03 pm October 11, 2020 Permalink

OMG we shut out Missip St. i say our defense has awakened no other team in CFB was as dominate as we were . I’m betting a 1,000 at the sports book we win straight up. I dont see the Vols scoring anymore than 10 on this defense. Gators are a dumpster fire , Ga might give us game but the way we are playing defense now i cant see us losing a game going forward.