Kentucky Opens as 30-point Underdogs against No. 1 Alabama

Mandatory Credit: Arden Barnes-USA TODAY Sports

Mandatory Credit: Arden Barnes-USA TODAY Sports

Kentucky faces off against No. 1 Alabama on Saturday, and Vegas is all over the Tide. Kentucky opens as 30-point underdogs against No. 1 Alabama and the over/under is set at 58.

Kentucky is 3-4 against the spread this season, while Alabama sits at 4-2.

Alabama is fresh off an unexpected bye-week after their game with LSU was canceled earlier in the week prior. As far as betting goes, I have a feeling Kentucky can cover 30 even against Alabama, but I’m not sure I would take anything under 30. My favorite bet from this one is Under 58. I can’t imagine Alabama and Saban would feel a need to hang up 50+ on an emotionally drained Kentucky team, and I’m not confident Kentucky can crack 14 against the Tide. Other than that, it’s your run of the mill Alabama spread, but I would take the under.

Go Cats. Bet Responsibly.

Article written by Brent Wainscott

Twitter: @BrentWainscott_

15 Comments for Kentucky Opens as 30-point Underdogs against No. 1 Alabama

1. original slappy
    2:53 pm November 15, 2020 Permalink

Only 30?!

2. Duuuuuude
    3:12 pm November 15, 2020 Permalink

I will take that!. We will keep it within 28.

3. dhard
    3:14 pm November 15, 2020 Permalink

If our d coordinator rushes 3 and drops 8 like all day yesterday, Alabama will score 60 and our offense is not scoring 30.

4. blueballs80
    4:29 pm November 15, 2020 Permalink

Feed CRod and insert Beau. You got a guy that can pass the ball and a hoss who can run it. Lots of good play action can be done.

• peaches76
      5:36 pm November 15, 2020 Permalink

So give Allen his 1st start in Tuscaloosa. Not sure that’s a recipe for success…Sure would like to see some dominant line play (our supposed strength) this weekend.

5. Southky
    6:52 pm November 15, 2020 Permalink

Peaches I wouldn’t doubt it. Lol. Like starting Gatewood vs Georgia. That way he would struggle so it takes some heat off for sticking with Wilson.

• Facerocker86
      9:33 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

Yeah that’s wasn’t fair to Gatewood. They put him out there with a bad game plan and set him up for failure. It has made people lose confidence in Gatewood, even though I thought he played well considering the bad play calling. Terry did play well against Vanderbilt, but then again it was Vanderbilt. Let’s see what we got.

6. CJKAssassin123
    2:01 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

I say play the 4th string in this game why risk injuries to your Star players in a game everyone knows will be a major blowout?

7. CahillsCrossingNT
    5:04 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

Due to the virus, UK should preemptively call it off and forfeit. It’s a virus we continue to be careless about, plus there is 0% chance UK can win.

8. CatfaninCinci
    6:22 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

Terry Wilson won’t score, won’t throw any TDs.

Backs might net 1 TD.

Load up on the Tide.

• UKFanSC
      6:44 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

I like us +30……

9. Duuuuuude
    7:44 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

You people are nuts, seriously. We last played Alabama in 2016 and we lost by 28 points. Alabama is still Alabama but UK is light years from where they were 4 years ago. We still lose but it is not going to be by 30.

• CahillsCrossingNT
      9:06 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

Duuuuuude That same Kentucky team went 7-6, beat a Heisman Trophy winner and went to the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville. Do you really think this year’s UK team is better than that one?

10. UKinIN
    9:20 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

It’s nice to see that after John Schlarman and Matthew Mitchell reminded us that coaches are real people there are still commenters that can be pricks. God knows I’d hate to lose those comments.

11. Duuuuuude
    10:04 am November 16, 2020 Permalink

You could argue they could have won the Auburn game if not for being cheated out of a first half touchdown. They lost the Ole Miss game on the stupid Rose fumble. Two plays and UK would be 5 and 2. Worst game was MO and the team dealing with Schlarman. I expect them to play up to their potential against AL which will mean a better outing than a 28 point beat down. Fix the passing game and we become a MUCH better team.